Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Trash killing is not raiding. Try limiting your 'utility' on what can be used during a boss encounter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrProper View Post
    Limitations

Kick - melee cast, medium cd, 15 energy = if you have 0 energy at the time of cast, you are in trouble
    Sap - lol useles
    Stuns - couldnt find use for it in this tier
    Shiv - melee cast, again no use
    Vanish - nothing really special or usefull if you play it right
    Tricks - nerfed to ground from Wotlk version, 6 seconds, small range, temporary threat
    Feint - this and cloak are only pretty good things on rogue
    Wound poison - lol
    Evasion - rofl
    Recuperate - roflmao
    Smoke Bomb - roflcopter
    Prett much prove's jtsstormrage's post that you're a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Healarious View Post
    If you mean by trolling laughing at rogues bad raid utility, then yes, im trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meijnrr View Post
    Are you a freaking idiot? Sub provides two of those buffs and Mut and Combat both only provide one (there are no other specs in the game that only provides one buff/debuff).
    Your point being? They are buffs provided by the rogue class, regardless if they can all be supplied simultaneously it should be regarded as utility

And what does this even mean?
    (there are no other specs in the game that only provides one buff/debuff)
    There are plenty, and besides, rogues have expose armor which counts as one as well
    Last edited by mmoc348563f3d3; 2011-03-07 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Healarious View Post
    I couldnt have said it any better. Please troll some where else
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

you can redirect 5 combo points to an add and kidney. sounds useful to me.
    on omnotron you can cloak acquiring target and completely negate the flamethrower.
    on nef for crackles, feint. saves your healers a lot of mana to not have to heal them.

for heroic conclave, a rogue can stay on rohash's platform the entire fight.
    cloaking slicing gale and recuperating through the ultimate.
    Last edited by Boxes; 2011-03-07 at 07:16 PM.

Limitations

Kick - melee cast, medium cd, 15 energy = if you have 0 energy at the time of cast, you are in trouble
    Sap - lol useles
    Tricks - nerfed to ground from Wotlk version, 6 seconds, small range, temporary threat
    Wound poison - lol
    Evasion - rofl
    Recuperate - roflmao
    Smoke Bomb - roflcopter
    Anyone who thinks rogues don't bring utility cannot be a good player. The only class, the *only* class/spec, I have ever thought was useless utility wise in this expac is Fury Warrior. And now they are getting Raidstand, so there goes that. Every class/spec now brings some raid buff or debuff. Every class has survivability cooldowns (and rogues have some of the strongest, between cloak, vanish, feint, etc). It is true that some utility is very situation specific, MS/Tranq/Stuns/etc., but that does not mean you do not have those abilities. The pure dps stratification could probably use a little tweaking, but when stateofdps.com has the top 6 as Spriest, Boomkin, Mage, Hunter, Lock, Rogue, then I don't think there is much to complain about on that front (4/6 top spots going to 'pure' dps is pretty good imo). Not every spell or ability is going to be uber-useful on every encounter. Learn to get the most out of the tools you have and you will be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Limitations

Sap - lol useles
    Wound poison - lol
    Evasion - rofl
    Recuperate - roflmao
    Smoke Bomb - roflcopter
    What the I don't even....

Huh....?

Deleted
    Limitations

Sap - lol useles
    Wound poison - lol
    Evasion - rofl
    Recuperate - roflmao
    Smoke Bomb - roflcopter
    1) You will ALWAYS have energy to kick. Best Interrupt in the game.
    2) Sap is great CC for trash packs. Also, great for building up procs of Tia's Grace and Fluid Death.
    3) Stuns are great for keeping trash locked down when your tank pulls too many.
    4) Again, I don't understand the 'melee' bit, Rogues are a melee class. Shiv is nice when you want to gain 1cp very quickly. Maybe for getting a rupture rolling.
    5) Vanish is a DPS cooldown for Assassination. Also the threat drop is invaluable.
    6) DPS increase, range being boosted to 100 yards. Also, temporary threat is fine. Gives tanks time to build their own threat whilst your Misdirected burst keeps the boss on the tank for the opening few seconds. ALSO, can keep a large trash pack glued to a tank.
    7) Feint is a god send. Kept me alive in MANY situations. Nefarian's Electrocute. Chimeron's Feud, Twlight Council's AoE. + Many More
    8) Wound Poison has it's uses. Wound on Anshal in the Conclave battle keeps the AoE healing low on the boss + adds.
    9) Evasion is great for if something fucks up, you can hold a boss for a good few seconds, or even an add.
    10) Recuperate is great for situations where healers are having trouble.
    11) Smoke Bomb, has it's PvE uses. Tentacles on the Cho'gall encounter, prevents them from targeting other raiders.

I'm 99% certain you are a troll, but wanted to post this just in case someone else read your shite and somehow agreed with you.

Edit: Just wanted to note Rogues are probably the best put together class in WoW. There have a few flaws, but they are exactly that, few. If you can't see that, re-roll. Rogue isn't the class for you.
    Last edited by mmocccce7a5f55; 2011-03-08 at 09:48 AM.

Deleted
    pls dont try to defend something only because you play the class.
    MrProper is deffo a troll =P
    Why else would you make this thread on the Rogue section of the forum =P
    *asking* Would you pick rogue over other classes? *asking* Is there class with less raid utility?
    So "Rogues" answer on that :P because indeed they "play the class".
    As we do know what Rogues can bring to raids (All mentioned in posts above). :P you apparently don't.

Limitations

Sap - lol useles
    Wound poison - lol
    Evasion - rofl
    Recuperate - roflmao
    Smoke Bomb - roflcopter
    You must be an awful rogue if u believe this... Do you seriously not understand the use of these abilities?
    Night Elf till I die
    Everything else is second best

Deleted
    Limitations

Sap - lol useles
    Wound poison - lol
    Evasion - rofl
    Recuperate - roflmao
    Smoke Bomb - roflcopter
    Kick - MrProper, if you have 0 energy during a cast that needs an interrupt..then sir.. you suck, and guess you never heard of Rogues having faster Energy Regen.
    Sap - CC = CC
    Tricks - Temporary threat...aaannddd what is wrong with that? so Hunters MD sucks too? to just give a tank an easier start? :P
    Evasion - One of the most Win skills when things tend to go wrong. Oh noes Tank dies!, lolol Rogue tank, tank gets BR! Win! ..just one of the many situations
    Recuperate - I guess you never played a healer, so you don't know how mana intensive fights can be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrim View Post
    Kick (One of the best interrupts in the game)
    What exactly makes kick better than mind freeze, pummel, wind shear, rebuke and possibly few others I forgot to mention?

Limitations

Sap - lol useles
    Wound poison - lol
    Evasion - rofl
    Recuperate - roflmao
    Smoke Bomb - roflcopter
    If you are not using half of your abilities I can see why you think Rogues are weak.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    What exactly makes kick better than mind freeze, pummel, wind shear, rebuke and possibly few others I forgot to mention?
    The glyph.

OT, I don't care about what most people consider "utility" but even if I did, rogues do have a few interesting tricks such as no need to be healed ever, semi-tanking for evasion's duration, cloak & feint for aoe's, vastly lessened repair bills, etc.

Lol @ the scrub who says recuperate is useless. 2~3 ticks of that shit get you at 10k HP, which means Chimaeron can't kill you and you didn't need any external help.

Feint = halved damage from Feud, Furious Roar, Sleet Storm, Incineration Security Measure, Insert your favorite AoE here.

And if TotT wasn't worth it as a raid DPS increase I wouldn't have other DPS begging me to use it on them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Spell lockout length
    Cooldown
    Resource Cost
    Glyph
    Off the GCD

All make it very powerful. (I know others share the same features, just kick incorporates them all)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaaz View Post
    Warriors, Priests, Warlocks, Shaman.

You have a long term CC, a misdirect, and according to WoL you're the top damage in the game if played correctly.

Stop trolling.
    since when are rogues top damage if played correctly? because in 1 fight in the game from what i am seeing do rogues top meters, thats halfus, and that is just 1 spec, combat, and they keep bladeflurry up and cleave there way to top dmg, on a GIMMICK fight. stop trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrim View Post
    1) You will ALWAYS have energy to kick. Best Interrupt in the game.
    Accually, real time has showed me multiple times i missed an interrupt because i didn't have 15 energy at the time. (i have pretty fast reflexes if i say for myself.. not holding the button longer than 0.05sec)
    But if im interrupting now i make sure i have more than 15 energy guaranteedly all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemnexx View Post
    Well shamans have heroism and totems in which some are raid wide. Priests, fortitude. Locks, healthstones. Warriors is the only one there that is even a valid argument, but commanding shout is nice. So, no, you stop trolling.
    Commanding Shout buff is shared with Priests, Destro Locks, and Hunters (assuming they have the pet that has it), hardly a unique buff.

As far as unique abilities go, Rogues have Smoke Screen (useful in some encounters) and TotT which is stackable with the Hunter's MD.
    Warriors will have an ability that increases everyone's HP by 20% in 4.1 as their only unique buff.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama