Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    big wall of shitty shit that i cant be bothered to read.

OT: wat is serindipity you speakin of?

Quote Originally Posted by Oathanvil View Post
    I have managed to make most of the soft caps for Intel, Spirit, Haste the primary required ability's.
    This, good sir, is your first problem. Not sure where this idea of soft caps for any priest stat came form but they are blatantly misleading. If by "soft cap" you meant "recommended minimums" it would make sense, but at least for Intel and Haste, more is better, always. Spirit is totally depended an your group make-up, and Mastery is not something you want to ignore.

My issue with the build is a hidden flaw in the Talent tree an ability that seems relatively harmless for the Holy Spec build until you bother to really take a look at it.
    Dismiss this air of superiority and people will respond much more amicably.

The Talent is called "Serendipity" A state of mind the Priest will enter in order to take advantage of two other cast ability's that borrow a little time, IE increase spell casting haste and reduce the cost of the spells themselves.

This sounds great right! Wrong! Binding Heal with a 1.31 cast time or Flash Heal also a 1.31 cast time both have a mana cost of 5767 to cast, if you cast either twice to reach a "serendipity state" level 2 that will cost you 11534 total mana.

The cost to cast "greater Heal" is only 5559 and a normal cast time of 2.18 and it heals for 19088.

The cost to cast "Prayer of Healing" is only 5353 and a normal cast time of 2.18 seconds and heals your party that are within 30 yards for an undisclosed tool tip value?
    Not entirely sure what you are getting at, but if your point is to say that it costs more mana to stack serendipity...we get that. You also seem to forget the actual cast time of the spells so if you REALLY want to try and rip it apart mention that you are wasting two extra GCDs in order to get a hasted spell cast. All I can surmise is that you miss the point of the talent and are upset by this fact. (Hint: Turn off Beginner Tooltips and you will see that the tool tip value for Prayer of Healing is 5811-5986 before any modifers)

This brings up another obvious issue the development team has again over looked! They have nerfed the Priests ability to re generate mana in combat to next to nothing even with very high Spirit and Intel the regen process is none existent. If that process was working and its not it might make sense to use Serendipity in an emergency even to keep a direct heal on a tank or party but under the current total loss of mana regeneration the ability is again broken and useless.
    It sounds like you only remember serendipity from early wraith days. Things change. That fact aside, our regen is far from terrible, unless you are running in heroic dungeon gear, spamming FH to get faster Gheals and PoH.

I have a Haste value on my priest of +14.70 = 1455, +11.36. The recommended soft cap in T11 gear for haste is 12.5% It makes no sense at all why Blizzard would take the only Ability in the Holy spec tree mechanic and make it next to worthless to use and it is also the only ability by casting "Flash Heal" or " Binding Heal" that enables an Action Bar PROC of ANY ability's for Holy Spec priest.

I have to say this is not acceptable and I do not think a developer at Blizzard had his cup of coffee before he missed this all so obvious waste of the Holy Priests only real Talent Tree casting Mechanic.
    Their you go with that soft cap again...It sounds to me like you 1) forgot about Surge of Light completely 2) are just mad you can't see any shiny new power aura as a holy priest 3) want every spell you have be able to proc something.

I have dropped "Serendipity" as a Talent out of the talent tree and placed 1 point in "Blessed Resilience" in order to achieve 31 points in "holy" spec so I can move 1 point over to Discipline tree and Boost "Improved Power Word: Shield. That just had it's 30 second duration timer reduced to 10 seconds on yet another Blizzard Nerf.
    I also have as a carry over 3 points spent in Twin Disciplines and 3 points spent in "Mental Agility" and "Darkness"

However those are not part of the original issue in regards to the failure of Blizzard to realize they have BROKEN the Holy priests "Serendipity" ability and Mechanic.
    PW:S was reduced to 15 seconds not 10. And the "nerf" has absolutely nothing to do with holy priests anyways. It's to push Disc more to where the devs want it to be. As Holy we shouldn't really be casting PW:S except for B&S procs to help in high movement situations. and again Serendipity isn't broken just changed.

Deleted
    What strikes me the most in your post is: You manage to whine on the mana regenreration mechanics of the HOLY PRIEST. Really? 80% of your ooc regen PLUS SF PLUS HoH is not enough?

Then about the Serendipity thing, as was stated earlier, it is not a talent that will dramatically change your healing "rotation" but you can still keep it in mind when healing (I often FH just to keep Serendipity up so I know I can have a quick PoH ready). You don't FH in order to PoH faster, it would be a waste of time and of mana. I do still use FH a lot when snipe healing (much more than GH) and that bad habit gives me a lot of Serendipity procs.

It just makes life easier sometimes and I never (even in WotLK) considiered it a key talent in the holy tree. I do however find it a signature mechanic of the holy spec and would never ever ever ever trade it for something else.

Deleted
    OP has no idea how serendipity is supposed to be used, he seriously thinks you're supposed to cast flash heals before your greater heals to REGEN mana and he seriously thinks getting serendipity AND casting a greater heal is supposed to be faster than JUST casting a greater heal. Obvious troll.

Serendipity has two uses.
    1. You get it from SoL procs for free.
    2. When tank healing, 2xflash heal 1xgreater heal combos are far faster and mana effective than just spamming flash heals.

If you don't know how to use it and don't like it, fine. But don't claim it's broken when it's GREAT for what it's supposed to do.

Lol what serendipity do you speak of? serendipity during wrath basically acts the same way it acts now 40% BUFF from 36% LINK >>johannah.kourtnie.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/serendipity.png (could not find old link on wowhead ) <<
    at which part of that tooltip says you gain mana after casting flash heals? You sir are wrong and need to learn priest mechanics before you can gripe on it
    Last edited by Kent1000; 2011-03-08 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ruzhy6 View Post
    Hydro: In low damage situations, yea that is how it is. However in most encounters Greater Heal (which btw is pretty good HPM) and POH (which is actually great HPM if everyone is damage) are your main heals.
    Thanks for the correction. I seem to have mana issues when using GH an PoH a lot.. but I'm sure that is a gearing issue as my Holy set is not where I would like it to be yet.

I play a Holy Priest not under my forum name on Elune. I have an item lv now of 347 so just on the lever point to T11 gear. I have managed to make most of the soft caps for Intel, Spirit, Haste the primary required ability's.
    I play on Elune as well. I am curious what you're refering to as "soft caps" for these values. Are you refering to generally accepted minimum gearing requirements for raids? If so, you will see somewhat poorer regen results than most of us do, particularly if you're lacking important buffs, because iLevel 347 is on the lower edge of the gear for raids and you will see results not too dissimilar from going into Heroic Dungeons right at 329 or lower, where you feel really stressed for mana.

Personally, I started raiding short of that, and I felt very mana constrained and there were plenty of times I just had to hold back and trust people not to take extra damage or hope that my more efficient mana usage was enough. It made for some frustration as people adjusted from the Wrath raiding and healing model, but since then it has gotten easier.

My issue with the build is a hidden flaw in the Talent tree an ability that seems relatively harmless for the Holy Spec build until you bother to really take a look at it.

The Talent is called "Serendipity" A state of mind the Priest will enter in order to take advantage of two other cast ability's that borrow a little time, IE increase spell casting haste and reduce the cost of the spells themselves.
    I think the primary issue is that you're looking at this talent from the wrong perspective. Don't look at it as a buff for casting GH/PoH, but as a lessening of the penalty for casting FH/BH. In the new healing paradigm, FH is avoided unless absolutely necessary because it's so expensive, but sometimes it is just unavoidable. The thing is, if you're just casting FH and not following it up with another cast, you probably didn't need to cast it at all. As such, being able to use it to quickly address someone in imminent danger is there, and I can follow up on them with a GH if they're a tank, or I can go back to AOE healing, both at slightly reduced time/cost.

Especially in raids, I usually cast PoHs and GHs without the buff, though some careful usage of BH can be manipulated to help a lot with certain AOE situations (eg, Chimaeron, if I get a caustic slime, I BH someone else, and PoH the group with the most left). It also builds up with SoL FHs, but I also don't see those much in raids since I don't cast the heals that proc it very often. In the end, though, it's a situational talent, and I can understand someone not valuing it very highly, especially at lower gear levels where you're pretty much stuck holding back because of regen. I personally value it more than Blessed Resilience, but I wouldn't terribly miss it either.

This brings up another obvious issue the development team has again over looked! They have nerfed the Priests ability to re generate mana in combat to next to nothing even with very high Spirit and Intel the regen process is none existent. If that process was working and its not it might make sense to use Serendipity in an emergency even to keep a direct heal on a tank or party but under the current total loss of mana regeneration the ability is again broken and useless.
    I have to disagree here. Blizzard stated repeatedly during the development of Cataclysm that regen would matter again and, especially in lower gear, it does. However, as your gear improves, your regen improves a lot. As it improves, you'll have more flexibility with your spell selection and you will be able to make active use of a talent like Serendipity rather than passive use through just SoL procs and appropriate BH use.

If they make it none enjoyable to play people move on. I know in Warcraft that means less then little in grounds of player count, but just the same it would be nice to have a little TRUST in the people that are part of the development team, and not feel complete disgust for them.
    I know each person's experiences differ, but I'm having as much fun playing a Holy Priest right now as I ever have, and I've raided as one consistently since vanilla. There's still a few clunky mechanics to work out, but I just don't feel that Serendipity is one of the issues. I generally view it along the same lines as a talent like Body and Soul, which is also situational and expensive to utilize, but both are mechanics I enjoy because they give the class utility and more flexibility in addressing more situations.

Personally, if I were to take issue with the current state of talents, I would probably highlight State of Mind.

Worst troll ever.

Yeah... we're going to end this, right here.

Thread closed -- Kel
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~