General Holy questions

I played a disc priest in Wrath, and now I'm kind of casually back in Cata.

I'm hearing constantly that Holy is OP and way better than Disc, as well as it being in competition with Holy Pallies as the best heal spec in the game currently; I played four dungeons last night as Disc, and while the healing strategies are different, it seemed to perform relatively well.

So what is the big deal with Holy? Isn't there some nerf planned? Is Chakra just that awesome?

Not really interested in math or anything like that, just curious what the deal is, cuz no one will give me a straight answer.

Thanks!

Disc is kinda iffy right now, Blizz seems to not know what to do with them, but Disc isn't totally useless. Holy on the other hand is in a great place, having superb throughput and regen, while being able to put out some serious AoE healing, and some decent tank healing if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chestur View Post
    So what is the big deal with Holy? Isn't there some nerf planned?
    So because one spec isn't as good as all the others, all the others need to be nerfed? Makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

That's not what I meant; someone told me NOT to go Holy Priest because a nerf was incoming, so that's why I was asking.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chestur View Post
    That's not what I meant; someone told me NOT to go Holy Priest because a nerf was incoming, so that's why I was asking.
    No, in fact the developers keep harping on the fact the Holy Priest healing is pretty much where they want it to be.

There is no indication of any nerf coming for Holy Priests on the PTR.

Nothing in any patch notes to suggest a holy nerf is coming, Holy Priests and Holy Paladins are both in a pretty good spot atm, Paladins might be using a tad too much mana, but other than that both are good.

In fact they are buffing other classes (Shamans and Druids) with new spells.

Disc who knows, blizzard keep buffing and nerfing disc in every patch as they can't make their minds up

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Disc is kinda iffy right now, Blizz seems to not know what to do with them, but Disc isn't totally useless.
    Since they tried to make Disc viable the intent was always to make it a single target healer. The problem has always been people want to raid heal with it when Holy is clearly superior (except for damage aura fights).

The deal with Holy is that with so many options you will always the perfect heal for the job at hand. On top of that,our AoE capabilities are the best and when used probably can blow any other class away on burst HPS which you need in a lot of heroic encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy is okay right now, but Discipline still works fine. Holy isn't in any position to get nerfed right now. The last I heard was some data-mined info that was wrong.(Body and Soul)
    Resurrected Holy Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiurwyn View Post
    Since they tried to make Disc viable the intent was always to make it a single target healer. The problem has always been people want to raid heal with it
    Thats kinda how I feel. For a while they were a good replacement for a holy pally. I'm just glad these bubble bot idiots are going to go away. Its been too long that I've had to deal with these fools who think hitting one button for 10 minutes is what they are supposed to do.