Thread: Nefarian P3

Nefarian P3

Hello,

My guild is progressing on nefarian atm and we can get to P3 flawlessly. All adds piled up feinted, all the blast waves interrupted. Hitting P3 at 63% mostly.
    But we do seem to wipe at around 30% just because our healers can keep up anymore or the flames are engulfing the room.

Is there a tip anyone could give regarding P3?

This is how we position ourselves basically:

Raid was composed of;

Tanks:
    - Deathknight
    - Paladin

Healers:
    - Shaman
    - Priest
    - Druid

DPS:
    - Feral Druid
    - Balance Druid
    - Fire Mage
    - Frost Mage
    - Retribution Paladin

I do know that this is not the ideal setup, and yes its annoying with P2 having 2 melees sucks balls but we found a way to deal with it all.
    But we have some issues because our MT being on holidays so we had to mix up the raid setup a bit due us not having that many options.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to the replies.
    Sanji
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

My guild has the exact same tank and healer set up as your does, and has 3 melee dps, so I know your pain.

Edit: is your priest disc or holy?

You say your healers cant keep up - what exactly is the issue? Do you mean mana-wise or the damage is too high?
    Having 3 druids for innervates and tranquility is great - not to mention your mages and paladins can avoid crackles every now and then with bubbles and ice blocks. Raid bubble from paladins and death knight's AMS are all great damage reducers for crackle.

The fight is definitely intense on healers, but also your other raid members. Everyone needs to know what to do and when, and this especially refers to cooldown management. Everyone needs to help our to mitigate the damage taken during crackle.
    With the fires - when you say they take out the whole room, what do you mean? The fire should despawn at certain times, although there are instances when it will cover the majority of the room, it can be avoided.

Also, I see on your diagram you have 3 people with the adds - who all is there? My guild has me, the shaman healer, and a DK tank kite the adds.
    If you could give us insight on how YOU do it specifically, then it'd be a great help.

Logs would also be very helpful for giving feedback.

I'm not sure what exactly is wiping you?

In Phase 1 we have our (dps) DK kite the adds, then whoever was on Onyxia for Phase 1 just kites the adds with 1 healer for the entirety of P3. A few fairly basic things, it's critical all of the adds get activated at the exact same time so they all run out of energy at the same time, allowing for time for the stacks to fall off, and giving your kiter some breathing room.

Kiting the adds where you show you kite them, the fire should disappear long before it ever reaches the Nef group, and your offtank (should) have plenty of room to kite, although my guild actually puts Nef in the middle, and the add tank kites them in a circle around the room, spinning Nef so he won't breath on the adds at the right time.

Deleted
    Get the DK to tank the boss in the middle of the room. Then the paladin is free to tank the adds all the way around the outside and that way its impossible for the fire to reach the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadyy View Post
    Get the DK to tank the boss in the middle of the room. Then the paladin is free to tank the adds all the way around the outside and that way its impossible for the fire to reach the middle.
    This was the key for us as well. You end up with some fire in the middle if adds get away from your kite tank, but otherwise the only people concerned with the fire are the add tank and the healer chasing him. As a healer on the main group and Nef tank I liked it a lot more as well, since every once in a while our kite tank and his healer would be in my range and I'd be able to throw out some riptides and help top them up.

If you do tank in the middle and kite around the room, just be sure your Nef tank is paying attention to your kite tank at all times. If the kite tank continues in one direction, by the time he reaches where he started, the fire will have despawned. However doing a full circuit of the room means he'll likely be walking in front of Nef with the adds now and again and your Nef tank needs to have the presence of mind to turn the boss past the kite tank to ensure the tank, his healer, and the adds aren't hit by the breath.

Seeing the circumstances that i have to leave any moment now, i will post quick details.
    Basically i posted that picture because thats how we seem to do it and it is copied from tankspot. There are no 3 people kiting the adds in P3, we let our Paladin tank kite the adds and our resto sham accompany him.

The healers seem not to keep up after 30% due low on mana and crackles burning us down. But thanks alot with the middle tanking, we were a bit unsure on to do it as it only seemed that the offtank would get hit by tail sometimes and we thought that'd be unwise. But seeing as how it worked for others.. I guess we could give it a try aswell

on P1 we have all our adds kited to the north walls by me and frozen in place constantly till they feint.

---------- Post added 2011-03-08 at 06:35 AM ----------

I m not sure on how to post logs.
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild also wiped a lot on 30-20% for a while, because our tank messed up, and adds touched the flame. Maybe that's what happening to you?

I'm assuming your pushing 3 electrocutes during phase 1 and 2 because if you are not then that would most likely be the reason phase 3 is so hard. If you are and your having problems with flames is it because they are tracing towards the main raid or because the whole room is in flames. If flames are getting loose you can have your raid run through nef towards the wall instead of standing more towards the middle of the room. Other than that you are hitting the soft enrage timer and need to dps faster or push more phases in 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post
    But thanks alot with the middle tanking, we were a bit unsure on to do it as it only seemed that the offtank would get hit by tail sometimes and we thought that'd be unwise.
    Let the Maintank rotate Nef relative to the addtanks position, so he is never in front of Nef (breath would prevent "resetting" of adds) and never behind (tailswipe is knock down effect ... not good for kiting). Rotate Nef in such a way, that the current position of the add tank is always on Nef's flank.

We tried the middle strat and it works pretty well. The reason we tried was since our usual addkiter was away for a full reset and our replacement seemed to have huge problems with the adds the traditional way. I cant say either way was easier, with our usual addkiter they are never a problem. With a weaker addkiter I guess the middlestrat could work, it did for us on that reset. We did rotate the boss so the add tank was never behind or in front, so basically the two tanks decide the rotationspeed.

Deleted
    I don't see the reason to ever move nef from the middle, makes no sense.

What ended up working for us was, like others in the thread have said, tanking Nef in the middle. Anytime your OT is kiting around towards the head-half of Nefarian, have your MT quickly rotate Nefarian 180 degrees so he doesn't breathe on the adds. The tailwhip very rarely hits the OT/Healer, and even when it does it's generally not death for either.

You're DK tank (on Nef) can AMS every other crackle and if he had the Baradins Wardens trinket, he could use that on every other crackle. Otherwise he should be death striking immediatly after every crackle he was unable to mitigate. DK's have tons of CD's to help survive and the raid takes very predictable damage from the crackle each time, so the two healers you have healing the MT/Raid shouldn't have any issues topping the raid off every 30ish seconds using efficient heals.