Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pugs... What a joke.

It's like all the bads have come out of the woodwork to embrace the recent heroic nerfathon. Last night, I tried in vain to pug my random daily last night, and after 3 hours and 2 half completed dungeons later, I give up, choosing instead to solo bc instances for the sheer need to crush something between my paws.

The worst, was when we had a tank still in wrath epics, the dps kept standing in the fire and dying, and they blamed the heals and kicked him. When I pointed out that it wasn't his fault, hey ported out and slung insults at me. WTF is wrong with you ppl!!!

You know, I've never really had a problem with Heroics in Cataclysm. Some were a little difficult on my Priest, but for the most part I've completed every instance I've entered. Most of my friends don't have too many stories of terrible PUGs. The generall consensus between us is that there are more successful PUGs than fail pugs, specially after the 15% Luck of the Draw Buff.

Now if you are consistently getting terrible, terrible groups, then you have to look for a common denominator that is making these groups fail. If every group is different to you, then that leaves one person that is in every single fail group. Turns out that person is you.

If every group you join fails, you may want to look at yourself for a minute. What could you do to make your PUG heroic group succeed? There are many answers to this question, and I suggest you figure them out before you hit that 'I' button again.

No bads here, they live in caves and plan how to be worse...

but really, most bads dont go to other websites, they have so called lives etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Never had a problem here, maybe it's you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only rarely had a problem in LFD pugs, and when I do, it's usually face-rolling tanks. I don't hold it against anyone who's new to the content and seriously tries hard but can't do it, but most of the time people know what they're doing, and short of a few mistakes, dungeons go smoothly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    It's like all the bads have come out of the woodwork to embrace the recent heroic nerfathon. Last night, I tried in vain to pug my random daily last night, and after 3 hours and 2 half completed dungeons later, I give up, choosing instead to solo bc instances for the sheer need to crush something between my paws.

The worst, was when we had a tank still in wrath epics, the dps kept standing in the fire and dying, and they blamed the heals and kicked him. When I pointed out that it wasn't his fault, hey ported out and slung insults at me. WTF is wrong with you ppl!!!
    Theres a min Ilvl needed to Q for heroics, unless he was wearing ONE Wrath epic, i doubt someone can even get in the Queue
    OT. Im a tank, and the only time i was kicked was because a few guildies wanted their friend to come in - np there, usually the only problems i have with oothers is when they don't know how to do something like CC or move out of fire etc, most of the time i simply explain it and they understand

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people get lucky and some people get pugs. Sometimes you get the group that will accidentally (inadvertently?) get an achievement because they are so boss.

---------- Post added 2011-03-07 at 05:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    Theres a min Ilvl needed to Q for heroics, unless he was wearing ONE Wrath epic, i doubt someone can even get in the Queue
    OT. Im a tank, and the only time i was kicked was because a few guildies wanted their friend to come in - np there, usually the only problems i have with oothers is when they don't know how to do something like CC or move out of fire etc, most of the time i simply explain it and they understand
    Actually, I've seen tanks roll need on healer and dps gear simply so they would meet the ilvl requirement, even if they had no intention of actually using it. It is entirely possible the tank had a bunch of gear in his bags but refused to "downgrade his epix to greenz".

At least once a week I get a random group with one or more person that is ignorant or just plain stupid. By this I mean they do not use interrupts, cool downs, trinkets, do not kill adds, do not move out of fire/poof/aoe... etc. etc.

Ignorant - I am quite ok with this. I will explain it to you, and keep explaining until you understand. I would rather do this for 5 minutes than wipe for 30+. We were all inexperienced once and I respect your personal growth along your path towards awesome.

Stupid - I really don't know what to say. These people try to insult others with small penis jokes (you can't possibly even know my gender?), 'your mom' jokes (really?), insulting your girlfriend (again the gender thing...) or anything else a child would do who doesn't know better. They do this with little or no provocation. They don't try to contribute to the group, and when you politely encourage or ask questions you are treated with disrespect and insane rambling.

The latter I have a problem with, but sadly no good solution. Oh well, thank God for rum.

We need to start using PuGs as a form of punishment. Steal a car? That's 10 runs, completed, and you gotta use DPS ques.

Deleted
    I have no problem at all.

LFD people are very nice to me.

Maybe it's you

Last week me and some friends wanted to do Stonecore HC, just because for some odd reason our guild hadn't done it with a guild group yet.
    We lacked a fifth member so we decided to queue for random and didn't mind what kind of person would join us.

A frost DK joined and this is where the funny part begins.
    All though he was fully PvE geared, he had no gems nor enchants or what so ever.
    He didn't say a word and for some odd reason he kept dying on every boss... Not to mention the trash just after the first boss.

He failed at every possible chance he got but he never whined or what ever.
    Released, ran back in and continued.
    I still don't know if he was just that stupid or just accepted that he wasn't a good player.
    Atleast we had a good laugh about it, best Stonecore run I ever had :P

Unhappy Why me?

I was just trying to level my priest by healing a random regular, Blackrock Caverns. I didn't want to believe the terrible things that Meowmeowk (amazing priest healer in my guild) told me about pugs. I had great trust in everyone. I go in, and nobody knows the fights, tank is in wrath greens, and the mage is in spirit gear. I just told them the fights, I wanted to get it over with. The tank pulls Skullcracker with 2 sets of adds, and he 'choses' not to use cds. I use everything I have, including the area healing bubble. Then, the mage says quoted, "go guys quik" "out of area". So, of course, everyone ran out of the bubble and died. Not only did we wipe and they blamed my "incappablility to heal", but they made me in search of a stress ball

I have no remorse for pugs of any type.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never really had a problem with pugs.

If you don't like the LFD, go make your own group by spamming trade or the LFG channel.

Funny thing is that, when one bad thing happens to someone, they assume that everything else must be equally bad.
    Last edited by Jademist; 2011-03-07 at 11:56 PM.

I wouldn't dare complain about the LFD system, back in the days in TBC I had to spam trade channel for about 2 hours to find a decent group to farm some instances with xD Ofcourse we all run into some "bad" players, but everyone started out as a major noob, but people tend to forget things like that.

Monster Hunter addict

Deleted
    To be fair, I've been in two full pugs since the beginning of Cataclysm. I needed a cigarette after about 10 minutes of either. I don't even considering the option of heroics anymore unless the tank, healer and at least one dps are guildies/friends/me.

Ran a heroic once with 4 guildies and 1 pug healer, thing was the healer sucked bad, we wiped like 8 times in it with him healing, here is the kicker the fail healer we puged was also from our guild, not wanting to kick him i changed to resto and we forced him to dps, it was jus funny puggin a healer from your own guild in a guild group

I pug all the time, and most runs are smooth. One the rare occasion something goes wrong, I leave and re-q, because tanks are l33t.

When on my mage, same story, except if something goes wrong, I frantically try to keep the group together, because 50 min queues aren't fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteroot View Post
    I wouldn't dare complain about the LFD system, back in the days in TBC I had to spam trade channel for about 2 hours to find a decent group to farm some instances with xD Ofcourse we all run into some "bad" players, but everyone started out as a major noob, but people tend to forget things like that.
    This is also the reason why I don't complain about the LFD system, generally because I'm not really a person who complains about things, but because before the LFD system, we had to sit around Org or Stormwind...Dalaran or Shattrath spamming chat for a PUG...which takes longer than the DPS queue on the LFD system.

I dont have problems in pugs , tbh when im in a pug i dont tent to give a shit about getting through it in 2 mins for my points or getting loot then dissapearing. In fact ive found out these so called bads are having a more fun time then people like your self (elitistjerk) which i find amusing.
    Ive said before and many have said in this thread...try looking at yourself more , maybe its you with the problem like the many other countless same old boring shit threads that spring up on here most days reguarding pugs and how everyone else plays like shit except the OP in question....seems like a trend to me.

The problem has and will always be the LFD system. I am not complaining but nor do I use the system. Forming a group in trade or general was always a win for me, and I still use it on occasions. The problem with the LFD tool is that it is random, chances you would run into the same player again are slim to none. When it was grouping with people on your server you didn't want to black flag yourself as an asshole or an idiot. So you either treated people with respect or you asked for tactics when you didn't know the fight. LFD is a great feature but you need to know what you can, and most likely will, get yourself into by clicking the button.