Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Removal of deadly calm

Did I misunderstand something or did they really do this? I'm going to be completely upfront and say that I believe blizzard has undervalued this ability. It's amazing for PvE when macrod with bloodbath (For that extra bleed damage with semi-limited rage), and great for that beginning burst in PvP. I don't understand why it would be removed. The answer they gave isn't exactly one that I think is good enough to remove the ability all together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laundry View Post
    when macrod
    Think this is one of the reasons.

So instead of completely removing it, why would they not just add it into something else? You can't tell me that macroing one 1 minute CD with another is something that they're against.

My deadly calm macro is working fine D:

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    My deadly calm macro is working fine D:
    That's because Deadly Calm was not removed from the Live servers. Current PTR however doesn't have Deadly Calm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pfft...good. Warriors have an insane amount of cooldowns. I powerleved a warrior to 80 with recruit a friend and flipping through my spellbook I was overwhelmed by the amount of +damage cooldowns you guys have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Pfft...good. Warriors have an insane amount of cooldowns. I powerleved a warrior to 80 with recruit a friend and flipping through my spellbook I was overwhelmed by the amount of +damage cooldowns you guys have.
    Which is the entire reason we were op.

And Blizzard, in their strokes of genius, nerfed everything but our million burst cds.

Anyways, this is another example of Blizzard going out of it's way to ignore player feedback (beta and 5.0 live were full of warriors saying just how useless deadly calm was and how badly they had gutted it from it's original iteration) and then claim a change for their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree with the removal to be honest. I see where they are coming from, as it is only used macro'd, but that doesn't necessarily make it a bad ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Twansition View Post
    I don't agree with the removal to be honest. I see where they are coming from, as it is only used macro'd, but that doesn't necessarily make it a bad ability.
    You mean an ability that you don't need to ever press and that you could easily replace with a passive ability that does the exact same thing, isn't a bad ability? :P

I mean, yeah, I see what you're saying, it's a dps boost still but from a design standpoint, an ability that most people don't ever press and just macro to other things because you really can't tell the difference, is basically the definition of a bad ability. I, for one, am not gonna miss it.

Deleted
    I don't really like it, so I don't think I'll miss it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm in two minds about it. It's currently completely mindless, but it's not so much the ability's fault as it is how we do damage currently. Bloodrage got removed because rage on CD was always good, you couldn't go wrong. But cheaper heroic strikes, that should require some thought, but it just happens that the most optimal way to use it is with the other one minute CD's we have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    You mean an ability that you don't need to ever press and that you could easily replace with a passive ability that does the exact same thing, isn't a bad ability? :P

I mean, yeah, I see what you're saying, it's a dps boost still but from a design standpoint, an ability that most people don't ever press and just macro to other things because you really can't tell the difference, is basically the definition of a bad ability. I, for one, am not gonna miss it.
    Those are excellent reasons to remake a skill, not to delete it. If they wanted to redesign it, great, simply removing it, bad. And then they go and slap incite glyph to demo shout? Good try, specially with the set bonus, but if incite doesn't make HS free, there is not too much reason for prot to have that glyph.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-01-19 at 07:04 PM.

Deleted
    As it is at the moment, it feels too much like the old inner rage. I preferred the old version where nothing cost rage for a limited time, but I can see why that was removed. It's just not an interesting ability really.

They removed stance-dancing for the same reasons basically. Some people say it required "skill" but it was more annoying just having to macro it into certain moves than it had anything to do with skill. Deadly Calm is more or less the same way...it's a damage CD but a tedious one...you just macro it into anything with Heroic Strike or Cleave and were forced to make macros to make use of it.

Personally glad it's gone. Don't see it changing too much for Warriors as a whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post

I agree it's a bad design. Still, anything that lowers my DPS is bad, even if its only a few HS worth of rage over the course of the game.

There had better be something to compensate for this DPS loss or I'm going to have to head over to the wow forums and fking yell at some devs.

-=-Sig by Rivellana-=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Travex View Post
    There had better be something to compensate for this DPS loss or I'm going to have to head over to the wow forums and fking yell at some devs.
    Id say the haste/mastery buffs would be more then enough to compensate for 10-30 rage every minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Just saw this, it was a nice DPS increase. How do they think about compensating this? Not sure if serious about 50% more haste an Slam buff, while nerfing so much other things. Arms is maybe too strong in Pvp but not even close in Pve

10+ Year Old Account
    you guys did not learn from vanila ? warrior always and will always be nerf all the time till they suck and no one playing them than bam buff than nerf again bad class design is bad

Well it was sort of weak so it's nothing I care too much for. I'd still love to see though some better compensation for death from above.