Is arms better then fury in pvp?

I play a resto shaman for arena, my parter is a fury warrior, is arms that much better then fury in pvp? If so, why?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

At high ratings yes, fury is highly susceptible to rage dispels and with the changes that are happening its burst in not much higher if at all than arms which is the main reason people flocked to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury isnt even good for PvP. Arms has been the go-to Warrior pvp spec for as long as I can remember. So to answer your question, Arms is way better than Fury for PvP.

I once ha a guildie tell me he laughs so hard at warriors who try and pvp as fury. that spec isnt suited for pvp, and i can actually vouch for this..if an elemental shaman can beat you 1 on 1? then yes ur spec isnt any good.

To be fair, arms is likely to be better in the long run. Fury has its moment right now because of the positively disgusting burst window they can create, and between Charge, intercept and intervene, propped up by Heroic Fury and Skirmisher talents, have high mobility. Outside of CD popping + trinkets & cooldowns on a target, they aren't that impressive though. And, as mentioned, once druids, hunters and rogues notice it's a fury warrior and start spamming enrage dispels on him, that burst window closes and stays closed.

Arms is suffering from mobility issues (compared to earlier), but their damage is somewhat less reliant on the opposition's composition and competence to deliver damage.

---------- Post added 2011-03-08 at 04:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    I once ha a guildie tell me he laughs so hard at warriors who try and pvp as fury. that spec isnt suited for pvp, and i can actually vouch for this..if an elemental shaman can beat you 1 on 1? then yes ur spec isnt any good.
    Eh. If an ele beats you, it's likely less to do with your class and spec, and more about your gear & skill level versus your opponent's.

Fury damage is amazing when you have all your buffs/debuffs up and you are on your target. Only bad players will let you stay on target when that happens though. Easy to predict and counter. Then when you don't have those buffs anymore you suck.

Arms still has crazy damage and doesn't need spells with long cooldowns to deliver it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury has an insane burst, which will be gone next patch.
    Fury has slightly better mobility with a self root dispel which also resets the intercept CD.
    Fury can be made useless if the opposite team can dispel rage effects.

Arms has more sustained damage and one (and a half) proper CD.
    Arms can get out of roots/slows with bladestorm and be immune to CC for that duration.
    Arms has more utility (MS, throwdown).
    Arms has much less problems with rage.

_________

Post patch 4.1:
    Fury burst will be nerfed big time but sustained damage will be buffed.
    Arms damage will be buffed and the charge CD reduced (along with it not triggering DR for stuns anymore I hope).

Arms is superior now and will be after the patch even more. I doubt anyone will play fury pvp anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    See, this is a fine example of an ignorant post. He knows nothing yet still talks.

Anyway, the only reason fury isn't good for ARENAS is the enrage dispels that 3 classes can do. Other than that, it is not bad and actually way more mobile and have more survavilability cooldowns than arms. If it's high rating arenas, he should go arms, if it's below 2.2k (or maybe 2.0) or it's about bgs, then fury is more fun and better at many points.

P.S. All those I said will change with next patch, Arms will be the absolute pvp spec, it will be stupid to go fury.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fury is only good against bad PvP'ers. Don't expect to go far against good players, like high end Arena. Sure, you can LOLRAGINGBLOW your way to 1800, maybe even 2k, and still be an atrocious PvP'er, but once you get around there, it's game-over for you, unless you're a very skilled player, and even then you are made useless by classes that can dispel enrage.
    Furys burst is also once every 4 minutes if ALL your CD's are up, and that's getting nerfed next patch. So if you're asking Arms or Fury, Arms for sure.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

I run threes with fury, and it's pretty decent. Not continuous pressure like arms, but the burst is great. Next patch I think fury will have better all around damage, with the flurry procs and auto damage increase it will be putting out more consistent damage, though not as much burst.

Like someone already said, rage dispells own fury warriors. Went 11-2 one day then 5-4 the next, this week. Currently sitting at 2403 rating at 2480ish MMR. Even beat a 2660 MMR warlock, spriest, rshaman - which made my day because that comp is annoying.

It has its perks and downfalls. Very few Fury warrior teams above 2200.

well especially for 2s, i would definitely say arms if your going resto.. in my 2's, its fury and enh at 2-2.1k but its mostly for fun... and my 3s is 2 fury's and 1 enh so ppl dont really have time to dispel :P

and for an ele shammy.. i'd quit if i ever lost to an ele shammy as fury. its not even a fight.

-quarterzz

Quote Originally Posted by ThrikeDragonmaw View Post
    I run threes with fury, and it's pretty decent. Not continuous pressure like arms, but the burst is great. Next patch I think fury will have better all around damage, with the flurry procs and auto damage increase it will be putting out more consistent damage, though not as much burst.

Like someone already said, rage dispells own fury warriors. Went 11-2 one day then 5-4 the next, this week. Currently sitting at 2403 rating at 2480ish MMR. Even beat a 2660 MMR warlock, spriest, rshaman - which made my day because that comp is annoying.

It has its perks and downfalls. Very few Fury warrior teams above 2200.
    flurry buff is already gone, replaced by increased auto attack damage.
    starting with 2mastery instead of 8 will hurt fury pvp a lot.(small rb damage and some er healing loss.enrage damage decrease doesnt really matter much.)
    also decreased intercept stun and the very good looking arms pvp buffs will render fury very bad compared to arms.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I used to PvP as Fury untill 2 weeks ago when I finally decided to give Arms a go...

And let me tell you, Arms > Fury by a long-shot. You cant compare the two, Arms just is so much better than Fury. Throwdown is just awesome, and countless of times a well timed Bladestorm has won us games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just go ahead and sum it all up.

For BG's: Both Fury and Arms are viable.

-Fury damage coupled with CDs can make soloing a flag extremely easy. I can't tell you how many times I've cycled CDs to clear a flag 4v1.
    -Arms...I just recently started playing it again and while I can rampage as much as I used to, some 1v1 encounters and kiting issues you would have experienced as Fury are gone.

For Arenas: Arms.

-In the lower brackets...and I'm talking low, like <1700 Fury is alright. We managed to hit 1800 as Fury, but after that, we started floating and I was forced into Arms.
    -Arms control is just alot better than Fury, and once you get LttS stacked x3, you can solo healers (except for those fucking druids. stupid god mode tree with anti-snare shit. screw em. every time we hit a double druid comp, we just stop chatting in Skype and blast some tunes because that shit is hitting the 45 minute cap.). But yeah. Arms damage is much more constantly flowing, its just slightly lower than you would find with fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Angy View Post
    See, this is a fine example of an ignorant post. He knows nothing yet still talks.

Anyway, the only reason fury isn't good for ARENAS is the enrage dispels that 3 classes can do. Other than that, it is not bad and actually way more mobile and have more survavilability cooldowns than arms. If it's high rating arenas, he should go arms, if it's below 2.2k (or maybe 2.0) or it's about bgs, then fury is more fun and better at many points.

P.S. All those I said will change with next patch, Arms will be the absolute pvp spec, it will be stupid to go fury.
    I LOVE FURY! It is SOOOOOOO much more fun then arms... Yes arms is good at areenas because dispells on fury = dead... sorta, but they whole point in arenas is to burst the enemy to death before u die. Which is a very good thing for Fury warriors. I still say Fury is good for pvp. I am going to be it just because i adore Fury. Just need to know when to do the right spells at the right time.

Deleted
    I was like nice a fury thread on main page. Then i started reading the posts and was all WTF. Then realised someone necroed this from the abyss called Cataclysm

^ completely agree, I was wondering what they were on about - and then when they mentioned patch 4.1 I facepalmed/.

You look new to the forums Curdic so as a kind request, please don't Necro threads (commenting on really old threads brings it to the top of the list - this one in particular is from 2011 and completely irrelevant to current game state).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    I was like nice a fury thread on main page. Then i started reading the posts and was all WTF. Then realised someone necroed this from the abyss called Cataclysm
    Lol man...this post had me trippin all the way to Africa!!!
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.