Heroic phase 3 Nefarion

Hello,
    in 25 man hardome, we are consistently getting to phase 3 nefarion with everyone alive. The problem we are having is the tank kiting the adds around the outer edge consistently is dying with 2-3 healers on him. Its not really a healer problem however as i watched him basically get one shot. My question is, for the add tank is a warrior o k? Also is he suppose to save cd's for crackle or not. Any help is welcome we keep wiping at around 40-50% thanks.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Tank just needs to learn how to kite better, it's hard to get a hang of but he'll get it eventually. And yes, try to have a CD up on him for every crackle.

I've not attempted it yet, but your problem are probably becasue they stay alive to long. That happends when they are not constantly kited to avoid letting the adds get fire or when the adds gets hit by nefarians breath.
    Also having a cooldown on the tank for crackles would be very nice(i raid 10 man so different rules there).
    So keep rotating Nefarian so he never has his head to the adds, tank should move ALL the time.
    Hope this helps, Good luck

Watch the Adept video

is it a 10 minute enrage from the start of the fight or is it a 10 minute enrage from the start of phase 3

cuz my guild seems to think the 10 minute enrage timer only starts when you enter phase 3
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    is it a 10 minute enrage from the start of the fight or is it a 10 minute enrage from the start of phase 3

cuz my guild seems to think the 10 minute enrage timer only starts when you enter phase 3
    well your guild is dumb then

yeah only soft enrages are phase only hard enrages are for the whole fight

Ok basically.. first thing, we use a paladin tank on the adds but a warrior should work just as well:

We tank nefarion in the middle, if the adds didn't die cleanly in phase 1 (aka directly on top of each other), the tank on nefarion will face it towards the adds so the breath res's them all at the same energy - this is very important that they all die at the same time. Nefarion is then turned so that the adds and the kiter is always at the side of the boss - never at the head where breath can reset the adds, and never at the tail where a stun will likely kill the kiter.

The tank on the adds doing the kiting should NEVER under ANY circumstances use ANY form of stun, EVER. Period.

Every crackle the tank needs a personal or healer cooldown, especially during high add stacks.

The adds must be kited around the very edge of the room, and never infront of the pillars otherwise the fire will reach the raid.

The tank doesn't need to keep moving with the adds, you can watch the DBM/Bw/etc, when the fire is about to come ~5secs they can start to backpaddle, then just stand still - this means that nefarion doesn't need to be rotated as much and there isn't any risk of running into fire.

The next big issue I see is that your only using 2-3 healers on the add tank.. no, the raid does take damage which does need to be healed.. granted, but it's totally possible for the raid to be healed by 3 or even 2 healers since the crackles are spread out and their is no other raid damage. So 4 add tank healer's is optimal, with raid healers throwing hots on him when hes in range.

We also use a resto shaman on the add tank to ensure that the tank and the 4 healers all have nature resistance when the crackle is coming.

Be ready to pop army and ring of frost's at 15-0% if the add tank dies.

GL & HF.