Deleted

Resto Druid PvE trinkets.

I was wondering on the best trinket setup/combo for Hc modes with Normal mode gear. For 10 man content!

Output trinkets and outlasting (mp5) trinkets.

Thanks xx

Fall of Mortality
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=59500

&

Tyrande's Doll
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=64645

or

Darkmoon Card: Tsunami
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=62050

Dont pick up the jar of ancient remedy, although it gives more regen, you're giving up a lot of passive int for it. Take it if nobody else wants it and you need to upgrade a blue.

Deleted
    I full agree with the above, I had the Jar for a while while i got better trinkets.

Has the alchemist trinket fallen out of favor? Seems better and WAY easier to get than Tyrande's and cheaper to level up alchemy than getting the Darkmoon card, to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    The alch trinket isn't terrible but in general you want int/regen trinkets. By being able to use these trinkets it opens up 15 other slots to able to drop spi, making gear choices and buffing your other secondary stats a lot easier. In the end, looking at the total picture, this is why they are better.

As said, best trink set up is Doll, DMC, or Fall. Core is also ok if you can't get 2 of those. Jar is amazing for regen, as is Mandala, but you loose a lot of direct throughput and you really really shouldn't need that extra regen.

This is what I don't get...

Alch trinket = 351 int, passive 40% bonus to mana potions used = 14k mana back with mythical mana potion

Tyrande = 321 int, 4200 mana back every minute.

so a fight needs to last >= 4 minutes for Tyrande's to be more effective, but accounting for the 30int loss it may be more like 5min. Also, I can reforge that haste on the alch trinket to spirit if I really need the mana regen.

Doesn't seem like a good tradeoff to justify the amount of pain it takes to get Tyrande's.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I would like to know if there's a real good reason Tyrande's is considered BiS over the alch trinket and if I should subject myself to that pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    You aren't taking into account using a mana potion anyway with Tyrande.

[Tyrande's Favorite Doll] - (Night Elf Archaeology)
    -Can be pre-charged before a fight
    -Assumed 4200 mana per 60 seconds, times 5 seconds, on cooldown = 350 mp5, unaffected by Spirit Regen
    -321 Int adds 24 mp5 regen from Replenishment, along with 4815 mana

[Vibrant Alchemist Stone]
    -Assumed 351 Intellect adds 26 mp5 from Replenishment, along with 5265 mana
    -Highest passive Int on a 359 Trinket, along with a large chunk of Haste for reaching breakpoints
    -40% more mana from Potions is approximately
    ---3700-4100 extra mana from a Mythical Mana Potion; once per 6 minute fight, this is roughly 55 mp5
    ---8800 extra mana from a Concentration Potion; once per 6 minute fight, this is roughly 122 mp5

Ej testing has said it goes for resto druid BiS:
    Sins Trinket
    Doll
    DMC
    Mortality
    Core
    Tear(yes, a blue)
    Alch Trink
    Jar
    Other Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Paleran View Post
    This is what I don't get...

Alch trinket = 351 int, passive 40% bonus to mana potions used = 14k mana back with mythical mana potion

Tyrande = 321 int, 4200 mana back every minute.

so a fight needs to last >= 4 minutes for Tyrande's to be more effective, but accounting for the 30int loss it may be more like 5min. Also, I can reforge that haste on the alch trinket to spirit if I really need the mana regen.

Doesn't seem like a good tradeoff to justify the amount of pain it takes to get Tyrande's.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I would like to know if there's a real good reason Tyrande's is considered BiS over the alch trinket and if I should subject myself to that pain.
    The Doll is better as stated, but dont feel bad if you cant push yourself to grind it out. Its not as if the alch trinket is garbage. Depending on the rest of your gear, ie haste levels, the alch trinket can be very helpful in getting to a certain haste breakpoint, which should be a consideration, especially if you are near 2005 haste. Considering the ease of getting it, as long as you are an alchemist, the only other "easy" trinket to get is the core, which trades out on-use spirit to the haste, and you can do most normals with fairly low spirit. If you are pushing HMs, then the alch trinket is most likely not necessary as you should have enough haste to drop it in favor of a regen trink, and you will need more spirit to be effective during HMs anyways.