Poll: Anime or Manga

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    i prefer dubbed anime over anything else but i sometimes read manga.
    the reason i like dubbed anime is that i like listening to my language better than a foreign language and most dubs are not as bad as people say (my personal opinion)
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

i prefer manga over anime because its always ahead in the story i couldn't watch an anime knowing i could read and get way ahead. Another and one of the biggest reasons for me and I'm sure others is FILLERS, these are so annoying and mean nothing to the actual storyline but a waste of time while the manga pulls ahead more chapters so the anime doesn't catch up.

There's a difference?

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the manga most and like the voices for dubbed but the bad thing is that dubbed and making it for children were if it were sub it would be censored.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Subbed for me as well. There are some dubbed shows that are really good (like Cowboy Bebop and DBZ) but they're pretty old. Seems like the US voice acting talent has diminished while Japan gets better and better. I do respect them for bringing anime to a wider audience though /shrug

I mostly prefer dubbed anime

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niyari View Post
    There are some dubbed shows that are really good (like Cowboy Bebop and DBZ) but they're pretty old. Seems like the US voice acting talent has diminished while Japan gets better and better. I do respect them for bringing anime to a wider audience though /shrug
    Personally I think the english voice acting has only gotten better over time.

This many years later people still talk about how good Cowboy Bebop's dub is, but why is that? Yes, the dub was pretty good, but mostly everyone was impressed because most other dubbing at the time was so bad that Bebop's looked amazing in comparison. That's not really the case any more. As anime has gotten more and more mainstream over the years there has been a lot more effort put into making the dubs really good. IMO many of today's dubs are just as good, if not better than the originals.

It's not always better of course, but in general the quality of english dubbing has gone way, WAY up over the past 10-15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kunker View Post
    There's a difference?
    Yeah, you watch Anime, you read Manga.

Personally I watch loads of Anime, can barely stand english dubs, but some are ok. I don't read any Manga, my reading time is devoted to fantasy books mainly.

By the way, the poll option number 4 is a bit confusing... I watch both WHAT? Should be "both 2 and 3" to make sense, or "both read and watch" maybe.
    Last edited by blackeagle; 2011-03-10 at 08:06 AM.
    In the darkness all cats are gray...
    www.onyxsoft.se - Amigans never surrender, they know they can do it better =)

Deleted
    I read a few mangas, but im more into subbed animes, except DBZ which i preffer dubbed.

I chose manga but enjoy all. One thing I do not understand is why people prefer subbed to dubbed. I like anime/manga as art so if I have to read subtitles I lose the opportunity to look at whats going on and I'm always paranoid I'm missing things. yes some english voice actors can be awful I understand that but they would have to be really awful for me to choose subbed over dubbed. However when I watch anime I rarely get a choice. Working on learning Japanese soon though =D

Well guys, I prefer Manga because as compare to others Manga is better and Dragon Ball Z is one of mine favorite manga series.This is one of few such an interesting vitality series which experts claim are hard for one to obviate. Its an super hero kids's dangerous undertaking series about Goku his son Gohan. In this series, there are a lot of thing which interact people to watch this anime series.
    Last edited by lavron; 2011-03-12 at 07:17 AM.

I prefer manga. Discovered One Piece and Naruto in the first issue of Shonen Jump. Was at first happy they were being made into anime. Disappointed with the anime because they were not able to capture the same artistic quality in Naruto that I was so impressed with.

If I do watch anime, I prefer it dubbed. I do not like to watch the bottom of my screen if I'm watching a good-quality anime. Also, the Japanese voice acting always sounds outlandish and exaggerated in a way I just find completely annoying. I honestly don't get why people prefer the subtitled anime.