Deleted

3v3 Disc/war/aff vs DK/??/??

Hello all
    Just wondered if any other disc priests get locked down by DK's insanely well?
    ive only been running 3's for a little while so i do need more practice, it seems that every single team we have lost to is a ??/??/DK.
    it seems there silence is to OP for me to handle, this isnt a QQ thread in wondering if any other disc priests find when trained by a DK they are unable to do much.
    normal rotation > renew>shield> silenced > silence > silenced > shield > silenced > silenced > silenced > dead.

i have 3k resi (yes i need more conquest points ) but i cant see how we are supposed to win against dks,
    we are playing disc/aff/warrior.

if we nuke the dk, he gets to low hp, sacrifice. i can outheal the rest of the dps but the silence effect of DK's seems pretty hard to counter,

so basicly my question is
    1) does anyone else have this issue?
    2) has anyone got a solution?(NERF DK not really acceptable answer as unfortunately its not in my power to do that!)
    3) if you dont have this issue how do you counter the dk

inner focus?

Deleted
    I do use inner focus and fake cast, it just seems impossible to do enough healing in the time i have inner focus to counter the silence that will come when inner focus buff wears off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you being silenced so much?
    You can trinket strangulate if needed, other than that they have gnaw(pet-stun).
    I believe you're referring to the interrupt "Mind Freeze" as a silence.

Most Death Knights won't strangulate until they're trying to blow all of their CD's along with it. Have your partners stay out near the enemy players while you stay back. Try to keep as much distance from the Death Knight as possible. If you take a Death Grip, your warrior or warlock's reaction should be to charge/stun/fear/death coil/spell lock to relieve pressure for enough time for you to get away from the DK. While they're doing this, a Power Word: Shield should remove your movement impairing effects (4-piece disc bonus) for you to get away back to a pillar.

If you're having trouble with the Death Knight interrupting your casts with Mind Freeze, I recommend this addon to you: InterruptBar
    The default layout of this addon will be good enough to work with. It will show interrupts such as: Pummel, Spell Lock, Counterspell, Kick, Mind Freeze, feral interrupt (I forget the name). Inner Focus should be saved for when the enemy team is trying harder than normal to interrupt you (this will be when they're focusing the healer's casts (yours) when trying to score a kill).
    Last edited by Whisperawr; 2011-03-09 at 09:24 AM.

i just assume you got 4pc bonus.
    when you shield you should use the next 4 sec to run away and hide around a pillar or any other means to los him. while throwing up another renew and prayer of mending (i prefere it glyphed).
    btw, is the necrotic strike thingy dispellable? (magic or disease?)
    haven't done much arena at 85 cause most of my irl mates stopped playing, and the ones that are left play pve, yuck :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dar0 View Post
    btw, is the necrotic strike thingy dispellable? (magic or disease?)
    Necrotic Strike is not dispellable(like bleed effects). You have to heal through it or wait for the duration.

Deleted
    Ok, Thank you for the advise (and yes i have the 4set).

ive downloaded that interupt and one that keeps an eye on necrotic strike.
    hopefully later tonight ill see how it goes and fingers cross be able to counter somewhat now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b33t View Post
    Ok, Thank you for the advise (and yes i have the 4set).

ive downloaded that interupt and one that keeps an eye on necrotic strike.
    hopefully later tonight ill see how it goes and fingers cross be able to counter somewhat now.
    [/ib hidden] command will show and hide the addon
    [/ib lock] command will lock the addon
    [/ib test] command will test the addon
    good luck