Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Piracy... Stealing is stealing to me, no matter whom you steal from (unless you "steal" Robin Hood-style). But then again: As long as you don't pirate games made by Indie developers I can't care less. Those companies are the ones who actually need money and most of the time those who have great ideas that the mainstream developers don't dare pour money into.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    But then again: As long as you don't pirate games made by Indie developers I can't care less.
    I don't really want to get involved but I'll leave this link here.

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/gdc-201...ecraft-creator

Quote Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
    I don't really want to get involved but I'll leave this link here.

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/gdc-201...ecraft-creator
    <Brenty> You know, I think the media really fucked up when they called it "software piracy"
    <Brenty> Everyone WANTS to be a pirate
    <Brenty> If they'd called it "software faggotry" everyone would still buy all their shit
    http://bash.org/?652012

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbury View Post
    *snip*
    First off, I didn't call you names, I just said you were selfish, and you are. All that stuff about not giving companies your money so they don't have the incentive to create more cash-ins is crap. If you really were standing up for what you thought was a just cause, you wouldn't pirate the game, you'd just boycott it. If you don't think something is worth your money, you simply don't spend it, you don't just take the product anyway. It all boils down to the fact that you can get games for free with barely any risk to yourself. If you could get food, clothes, cars, houses, etc by downloading them anonymously form the internet, you'd do that too. As for giving to charities, whoopdee do, I hope that helps you to sleep a bit better at night. I pay for all my games and still donate to charities, except my money is clean, you only have money to give away because you steal. If you mugged some rich looking old biddy in the street and then gave that money to a homeless person, you'd still be a bad (and possibly mental) person, not Robin Hood.

Romanticise what you do all you want, but you're not changing the company's policies by pirating their games, you're not making a stand, you're just taking what you want, and ignore it if you want, but it is not a victimless crime. These big faceless companies employ many people who are not bad, are not trying to screw people out of money, they're doing their jobs and trying to make a living.

Anyway, yes, I am mad at you pirating. You, and selfish people like you who feel entitled to take whatever they want because they can get away with it, are what's wrong with the world today. So you've played som bad games that weren't worth the money you paid in your opinion, suck it up, it happens. If you think about your purchases, research the games beforehand or wait for a drop in price to a level you are comfortable with, their is no need for piracy. And no, pirating a game for a "demo" is not acceptable, as once you have it, there is no incentive to actually buy it legally besides doing the right thing, and if that was something you'd even consider, you wouldn't have pirated it in the first place.
    Last edited by Mothhive; 2011-03-28 at 12:54 PM.

Let's turn this thread around. Have you guys downloaded the High Resolution pack yet (and patch 1.01 while I'm at it)? Sadly my computer isn't good enough to run it so for those who can, how much better does it look?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Piracy... Stealing is stealing to me, no matter whom you steal from (unless you "steal" Robin Hood-style). But then again: As long as you don't pirate games made by Indie developers I can't care less. Those companies are the ones who actually need money and most of the time those who have great ideas that the mainstream developers don't dare pour money into.
    The thing with piracy is, you don't actually steal anything. In the real world, if you go steal a can of beans from a store, you get the can but the store loses it. That's why it's bad. By stealing in the real world you don't only gain, you cause harm to someone. Sure you can say that by pirating you get something for free that you would have paid for otherwise but thats not completely accurate. Most "pirates" won't buy half the stuff they download if they had to pay for it. I'm not saying that I condone piracy but it definitely isn't the same as stealing, no matter how the companies want to sell it to you as such.

But back on topic. I think I'm enjoying my second playthrough on nightmare even more than first. It's starting the go really smoothly if you get the team working well together. If I just rush it, I'm dead in 10s. Speaking of that, I think force mage is really overpowered, especially with gravity ring. It lasts a long time and no one can pass through it's center so with "trash" I usually place that on a doorway, put my tank and other melee if I have on hold and then cast firestorm and other aoes from companions on top if it. The baddies all gather up as a tight clump so killing them all before the ring expires is easy.

Also some companions seem to be really underrated for nightmare. Sure, Aveline is a great tank but I've been using Fenris a lot too on second playthrough. I actually prefer him on casual fights since he puts out so much damage compared to aveline and works better with cross class combos (staggers everything and 1 shots a group of normal mobs frozen with imp. cone of cold). He doesn't work good with other melee or on bosses though.

Also Anders.. everyone seems to use him as a healer, I just took the normal heal with him and went vengeance and elemental, he also gets 10% to all damage from being a friend with him, and a lot of fire damage from gear so hes firestorm is pretty devastation when I use it on gravity ring along with Hawke. Oh and lastly Isabela, shes next to useless in some fights but insanely helpful with assassins and when smaller mobs come from all directions and I cant bottleneck them. 10 attacks, stagger and explosive strike pretty much 1 shots all the assassions so far and if they're alive, twin fangs. Sure other tactics work too but this way they cant stealth or use health potions and 1 shot my mages:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    But back on topic. I think I'm enjoying my second playthrough on nightmare even more than first. It's starting the go really smoothly if you get the team working well together. If I just rush it, I'm dead in 10s. Speaking of that, I think force mage is really overpowered, especially with gravity ring. It lasts a long time and no one can pass through it's center so with "trash" I usually place that on a doorway, put my tank and other melee if I have on hold and then cast firestorm and other aoes from companions on top if it. The baddies all gather up as a tight clump so killing them all before the ring expires is easy.

Holy crap that sounds amazing fun. Camping doorways, abusing bad AI and stacking AOE to make it through nightmare. Wonderful game im sure you're enjoying every second of your second playthrough. I would.

---------- Post added 2011-03-30 at 07:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    [/COLOR]And to the person saying "i pirate games and im proud of it" you fail, people like you are the sole reasons, that most games are now made/ orientated towards consoles with PC gameplay as an afterthought.

Good example of the direct consequence of pirating is crysis 2, it is so noticeable that it is a console port. Graphic and physics wise it has nothing on its PC orientated predecesor.

So yeah thanks for pirating you bint.
    <Mod edit: Infracted>
    You do realise you can pirate console games just as easily, right?

---------- Post added 2011-03-30 at 07:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Bulletstorm.

Your credibility is now zero.
    Not that you had any cred before, as you are the well known "Bioware-Brownnoser".
    I love his posts. Sure you can like the game if you want, but that guy is just taking the cake.