Exclamation Friends WoW account locked

I was talking with my friend, via Battle.net, when he suddenly just went off-line. I get a text message about two minutes later and it said that his account had been locked. There was no e-mail sent to his G-Mail, just locked.
    He gets on SC2, and I ask him what's up. He told me he sent in a request about his account and they told him that it was a payment dispute of $60.00 and the only way to get his account back was to send a money order to them. A money order? That sounds so fishy, or is it just me?
    He has never faction transfered, name changed, anything like that. Always got game time via Time Cards.
    Is this a fluke, because it sounds really fishy to me...

Has anyone out there had anything like this happen before? My account has always been in good standings, so I am out of the loop on recovery/locks/disables.

Have him call Blizzard. This sounds fishy to me.
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

He would be NORMAL, compared to me."

15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it's Blizz but if it is. Then he can demand proof of this ''expense''.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Blizzard never, ever demands money in emails. He should call them.

Deleted
    idd.. blizzard is not the company that will demand money to give you back an acount >.>

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This happened to me about 3 years ago. A hacker hacked my account which was inactive at the time. I discovered I was hacked when a guildy texted my cell. So I got the account back but forgot to check how the hacker reactivated it. Turns out he used a stolen credit card to pay for 6 months. After the 6 months was up the bank filed a stop payment and requested there money back. At which point blizzard put a freeze on my account and made me pay for the game time I did use. Had to mail a Money order only to billing and wait for them to process it.

Have you friend call blizzard first though. 1-800-59-BLIZZARD