Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't know if this has been posted, but Mind Sear now effects its target as well. Or, at least from what I've seen. Tested it on dummies.

Mind Sear 4.1

Is it me or is Mind Sear doing damage on the mob you target now too? I pulled a mob with swd and then hit mind sear and it damaged the mob. Am I on crack or did it previously not do damage to the target you put it on? I'm not upset at this change, but I wonder if it's working as intended?

Damn I guess I should have come here before posting a new thread about Mind Sear 4.1,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post

And because they were dumb and forgot the effect of a hotfix:
    • Mind Sear's damage has been doubled
    I hope this isn't hotfixed... shadow priests are horrible at AoE damage. I do great with bosses, but large groups of trash... ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by jeleopard View Post
    I don't know if this has been posted, but Mind Sear now effects its target as well. Or, at least from what I've seen. Tested it on dummies.
    Wait wut??? How does that work if you cast it on a friendly then? o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    For the longest time, our warlock was giving our fire mage Dark Intent.
    I was still pushing 17k in crafted epics/heroic gear.
    I'd say the nerf to Dark Intent was necessary.
    Before I found out our mage was getting Dark Intent, I was at around 21k on Omnotron normal. After I discovered the deliciousness of Dark Intent, I was riding on my Fade CD and saw no real change in my dps, unfortunately. Sadface.
    Temple of Light-ShadowsongUS
    Get Along Gang-ShadowsongUS (Disbanded)
    ~Alanaria~:::Cyclønite:::Thelek

Quote Originally Posted by angael View Post
    I hope this isn't hotfixed... shadow priests are horrible at AoE damage. I do great with bosses, but large groups of trash... ugh...
    The mention of the hotfix was simply "Hey AoE sucks, let's buff Mind Sear" into 4.0.6

Followed immediately by a hotfix that nerfed Shadow's damage across the board, including Mind Sear, which was then left forgotten about. This buff is because they forgot about it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Theleklol View Post
    For the longest time, our warlock was giving our fire mage Dark Intent.
    I was still pushing 17k in crafted epics/heroic gear.
    I'd say the nerf to Dark Intent was necessary.
    Before I found out our mage was getting Dark Intent, I was at around 21k on Omnotron normal. After I discovered the deliciousness of Dark Intent, I was riding on my Fade CD and saw no real change in my dps, unfortunately. Sadface.
    you couldnt see the effect of 9% extra dot dmg? either ur warlock wasnt keeping the buff up well or u mad lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayona View Post
    It is 10sec MF. VT has a duration of 15sec that you need to refresh it at 13,5 and cast MB at 12.
    And I don't see where I said you refresh SW:P.

These are the first 15sec of a normal fight. MF stands just for every single MF-tick (each with a 18% chance to proc an orb)
    These are not the first 15 secs of a normal fight at all. If I get an orb at second 4 I cast MB at second 4.1. Then, your SW:P is refreshed by your next MF and gets boosted by ES. You didn't say "refresh SW:P". I say you refresh it automatically by MFing and the sooner you get ES the sooner your SW:P is boosted without casting it again.

You see it now?

And sometimes I recast VT 2-3 secs before it expires and even DP because 3 or 4 of my procs expire too so i prefer the next 12 seconds VT gets boosted by those procs and if I already got ES it's even better.
    Last edited by mmocc46c8e1895; 2011-04-27 at 07:33 AM.

It appears that they have lowered Shadowfiend's damage by about half, for some reason.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    These are not the first 15 secs of a normal fight at all. If I get an orb at second 4 I cast MB at second 4.1. Then, your SW:P is refreshed by your next MF and gets boosted by ES. You didn't say "refresh SW:P". I say you refresh it automatically by MFing and the sooner you get ES the sooner your SW:P is boosted without casting it again.

You see it now?

And sometimes I recast VT 2-3 secs before it expires and even DP because 3 or 4 of my procs expire too so i prefer the next 12 seconds VT gets boosted by those procs and if I already got ES it's even better.
    Have you even tried to understand the table? Well, I may have chosen the wrong words to explain it or maybe I should have done it without the MB that you can only see the height of the probability to get one orb in the first 15 sec. I included the MB because the point its cast appears is the latest possible in a acceptable opening (ES aktive for the second DoT-cycle).

And I can't use procs for a generally accepted table because there are enough priests without that many procs or with good timed procs (Darkmooncard: Volcano procs often at a time that you can cast VT right before it expires and you loose nearly no time for the DoT.

I hope it is now clearer.

Cogito ergo sum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayona View Post
    Have you even tried to understand the table? Well, I may have chosen the wrong words to explain it or maybe I should have done it without the MB that you can only see the height of the probability to get one orb in the first 15 sec. I included the MB because the point its cast appears is the latest possible in a acceptable opening (ES aktive for the second DoT-cycle).

And I can't use procs for a generally accepted table because there are enough priests without that many procs or with good timed procs (Darkmooncard: Volcano procs often at a time that you can cast VT right before it expires and you loose nearly no time for the DoT.

I hope it is now clearer.
    I already undesrtood your table. But I still think that there are a lot of fights that you don't get the first orb before you cast your second VT. I'm not complaining about it. I'm not saying this should be changed. I'm saying this happens. And thats a big dps loss because I'm usually expecting to get ES before my procs expire to redot my target and I finally recast those dots without ES and without procs. Little numbers in a 5 minutes fight? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    It appears that they have lowered Shadowfiend's damage by about half, for some reason.
    Seems so. So utterly utterly sick of how much precedence Arena/PvP et al is taking causing changes that have serious PvE ramifications. Used to be the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    State of DPS.. SHITTY!
    Come this patch can't break 15k on raid dummies with cooldowns popped and 10k on trash WTF??
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I like what I was seen last night with MS in the Heroics that I was running. I'll be more interested what it would look like tonight when my guild does heroic maloriak

I really wish they wouldn't just hide important patch notes.
    Last edited by Tyraeus; 2011-04-27 at 08:23 PM.
    I treat forum trolls like the Black Knight in monty python. Idiots who don't know when to fall over and die. Despite me chopping up every bit of your terrible argument you still think you are right, but i get the satisfacion of kicking a limbless idiot where he deserves to be.

Was anyone else enjoying the damage meters on trash by spamming mind sear? I normally raid as holy but tonight I went shadow for the first time in 6 months or so. Much to my suprise I was topping the meters on all the AoE heavy trash (the only one who did more dps was a hunter with serpent spread...).

It will be interesting to see Maloriak HM tomorrow....

My impressions after the Patch 4.1:

#1 or close #2 in nearly all fights (BWD without Nef and Conclave; I had DI).
    The nerf to the Shadowfiend is about 600dps in comparsion to my last log.

Every change was justified in my opinion!

Haven't done PvP jet.

Cogito ergo sum.

I think we'll start to sink towards the middle of the pack once all of the other classes get used to the changes. Aff locks are ridic now though, as are good hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    you couldnt see the effect of 9% extra dot dmg? either ur warlock wasnt keeping the buff up well or u mad lol
    It is now 3% extra DoT damage for the Recipient of Dark intent.