Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Anime] Looking for a new anime

Hey guy's I'm a big anime fan but latley I cannot seem to be finding any good, so a good question, Anime that is like bleach and naruto (Epic battle's with sword or power) and 0 drama .....

Post your idea's below .....

Note : Berserk isn't gonna work, I don't like how they drew the anime

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Claymore is a good choice, lots of fairly mindless violence. You might also like Soul Eater as it's like Bleach in the whole weapon/wielder thing. There are many others, but those are both pretty light on the drama and heavy on the fighting. But I don't know what you've seen or haven't seen so I unno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuttlephish View Post
    Claymore is a good choice, lots of fairly mindless violence. You might also like Soul Eater as it's like Bleach in the whole weapon/wielder thing. There are many others, but those are both pretty light on the drama and heavy on the fighting. But I don't know what you've seen or haven't seen so I unno.
    Long time since i've watched Claymore and death note but I mostly watched Full Metal Alchemist (once) naruto and bleach

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

When you say FMA, do you mean normal FMA, or FMA:Brotherhood? If not Brotherhood, def watch that one.

Edit: Also, Ichiban Ushiro No Dai Maou is a decent series too, although really short

Edit2: And least we forget Baccano and Durarara( or named DuraDura on some sites...)
    Last edited by Caddo; 2011-03-10 at 06:50 PM.

Rurouni Kenshin!!

I recommend this as it's an old anime and you have most likely not seen it. It's one of the greatest anime's ever (number 62 here: click)

Soul Eaters a pretty good one also Code: Geass is a pretty intense one although there is a fair share of drama but its not overly done (IMO) cant think of anymore off the top of my head ill comeback if i remember

Rurouni Kenshin is awesome too ty jaqera for reminding me Also Cowboy Beebop and Samurai Champloo are really good ones too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crush View Post
    Hey guy's I'm a big anime fan but latley I cannot seem to be finding any good, so a good question, Anime that is like bleach and naruto (Epic battle's with sword or power) and 0 drama .....

I started Code Geass with hate, and now I think it's he best anime ive seen (only seen 5 so far). It's only 50 episodes but the whole anime is pretty much drama around war.

Canaan, Gun X Sword, Witchblade, Shakugan no Shana, Baccano, KenIchi, Tokko. All these has alot of action and very little drama. I instantly fell in love with the story of Canaan.

And yeah Rurouni Kenshin is indeed awesome

Ugh here is a short list of recent ones I have watched

Trigun
    Black Cat (DK's name is based off of a character in this Anime 'Tearju')
    Chobits - Not much as per action but it's really good
    Pretear - Manga was amusing I enjoyed the anime up until the Sailor Moon - esque transformation >.<
    Immortal Rain

Japanese anime is all about Drama. It's part of their culture. There is no anime out there that meets your criteria. Now if your able to ignore that little tidbit look at Katanagatari which is by far lightyears ahead of Bleach and Naruto.

If you want to expand your pallet I also highly suggest Angel Beats, K-ON!!, and Arakawa Under the Bridge. All 3 of those were among the strongest in the past few years.

If you want something really out of your comfort zone look at Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. It is NOT your normal Magical Girl anime. It will blow your mind and change the way you look at Mahou Shoujo anime's forever.

Avatar! thats about what i know about anime more into drama series like Gossip girl and 90210 shit like that

Fairy Tail is what you seem to be looking for.

Whats wrong with drama type anime?

ergo proxy is kickass.
    darker than black has lots of fights with powers.
    code geass is probably not for you if you want 0 drama but most people like it
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    Japanese anime is all about Drama. It's part of their culture. There is no anime out there that meets your criteria. Now if your able to ignore that little tidbit look at Katanagatari which is by far lightyears ahead of Bleach and Naruto.
    This right here is honestly quite true and the reason why it is so hard to recommend series for people who say they like anime but not drama. It seems guys like you tend to enjoy childrens series and a very few number at that. HOWEVER i do think i know some series that would work but trust me when i say the no/minimal drama thing means scratching the bottom of the barrel.
    Other than some stuff that's already been said such as Ichiban Ushiro no Daimou which is really epic and very well may fit your criteria and kenichi i'd also say

Needless it's like a giant spoof on the genre bleach and naruto belong too epic fights tons of action next to no drama certainly less than bleach and naruto. Though LOTS of pedo jokes so be warned but then again that's standard in anime. Oh and yes supernatural stuff with all kindsa weapons and shit(though mainly over the top fist combat).

Gurren Lagann again insane over the top fights next to no drama and the mechs well final fight will blow you're mind if you're used to more sane stuff.

Isekai Seikishi Monogatari awesome show with some VERY nice action and battles that are totally badass though most episodes focus on comedy and the harem part there is no real drama and the battles BY THE GODS THE BATTLES trust me amn this is great shit here when he fights are actually on.

G Gundam think street fighter in mechs

Scryed som drama here but no more than bleach just you're basic YOU KILLED MY WOMAN NOW I GET SUPER UPGRADE AND KILL YOU type shit witha few other bits of basic melodrama such as sent to place and experimented on adn so on. All basic stuff and pretty damn epic combat.

Outkaw star nice series lots of gunplay and pretty nice fights though might not be you're thing.

Gravion this whol series is a giant nod to 70s super robots so you'll get Swords,Over the top finishers like flying drill pinces and minimal drama.

I'd also suggest Ronin Warrior AKA Samurai Troopers nice series brought over in the 80s plenty of action and magic armor/weapons for ya.

These next two are what helped carve out the Shonen genre the same genre that bleach and naruto belong to.

Quite possible Yu Yu Hakusho f the art doesn;t get ya once you're past the first 6-12 episodes be read for some nice battles and spirit magic using humans vs demons battles or even having demons fight with em.

Dragonball Z sadly not as good as classic but Z hould be more up you're alley what with energy attacks being normal.

As for what some others have said and i am guilty of this too. certain series i;d avoid for the drama factor are sadly code geass IMO one of the best shows out there but it really is drama filled. The same can be said at certain points for kenshin and that one is also lacking in what you seem to really want which is american style media in anime form.

'

One Piece. Amazing anime and you won't regret it if you start watching it, 489 episodes atm. www . watchop . com

Trigun for epic battles and epic laughs
    'You can't give her that!' she screamed. 'It's not safe!'
    IT'S A SWORD. said the Hogfather. THEY'RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.
    'She's a child!' shouted Crumley.
    IT'S EDUCATIONAL.
    'What if she cuts herself?'
    THAT WILL BE AN IMPORTANT LESSON.

Gurren Lagann
    Scryed
    Hunter x Hunter
    Yuu Yuu Hakusho
    Flame of Recca
    Guyver
    Hajime no Ippo (more realistic)
    Project ARMS
    Dragon Ball (original, Z, GT)
    Busou Renkin
    Gundam (wing, seed, 00 especially)
    Hellsing
    History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
    Needless
    Ronin Warriors
    Samurai Deeper Kyo
    Shaman King

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Gurren Lagann
    Gundam (wing, seed, 00 especially)
    While i agree with the rest wing and seed MIGHT be a bit too much drama for him given what he's said though 00 and G should be pretty good matches and even then 00 may not be. Also nice to see someone else who remebers the classics.