Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    While i agree with the rest wing and seed MIGHT be a bit too much drama for him given what he's said though 00 and G should be pretty good matches and even then 00 may not be. Also nice to see someone else who remebers the classics.
    eh the drama in most gundam series is poorly done and trivial. hrrr you killed x, now i am sad! i kill you now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    eh the drama in most gundam series is poorly done and trivial. hrrr you killed x, now i am sad! i kill you now!
    I'm guessing you havn;t seen many of Tomino's series cause in s0me of those we get some pretty cazy shit. Also his request sounds VERY american and being one myself i,m used to that complaint from RL friends and trust me for alot of americans(sorry if you are one just guessing not) even that can be a bit too much when you add in alot of the other things.

No I don't think I have seen any of those, why I pointed out the 'big' gundam series, because the drama in them is pretty lame and it's mostly about robots fighting.

But yeah G Gundam would probably be the most dramaless
    Last edited by bals; 2011-03-11 at 08:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soul Eater is a good one if you want some laughs mixed in with your fighting (its on netflix instant play as well). Desert Punk i found hilarious...while not being your sword and board anime its great in its own sense. Trigun is good but it made me sadpanda when they killed off a character i liked. I love gundam, but if you don't want drama stay away from Seed, friends fighting friends and such. Ghost in the Shell is and will always been one of my favorite animes but it may be too cerebral for someone looking for just action sequences (although its got some good fights).
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I don't think I have seen any of those, why I pointed out the 'big' gundam series, because the drama in them is pretty lame and it's mostly about robots fighting.

But yeah G Gundam would probably be the most dramaless
    Yeah tomino has a nickname its Killemall Tomino he used to wack of characters on a whim if the studios didn't stop him. Not to mention that in is series things like family drama and romance would play BIG parts like more romeo and juliet stuff than shakespear he was a very good director and a legend. His last work at least gundam wise was Turn A and they brought him back for that one cause gundam was dieinga bit then like now bit also probably cause it was an anniversary series(gundams 20th)

Oh and my as well say it since some might think this is the case but it's not that GITS is too ccerenral for me it's just that it didn;t REALLY capture me like it did most.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could always start watching "Full Metal Alchemist". It has some drama but not romantic drama, its merely the sense of a dramatic background story. They manage to combine comedy and theres plenty of gore/combat at numerous points.

I actually begun to watch it after re watching all of Dragonball, Dragonball Z and dragonball GT which i hadnt watched in like 6/7 years :L I miss cartoon network showing real TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Oh and my as well say it since some might think this is the case but it's not that GITS is too ccerenral for me it's just that it didn;t REALLY capture me like it did most.
    You were talking about GITS in another thread

anyways I didn't really like it either, and isn't what OP of this thread is looking for.

(GITS is Ghost In The Shell)

If you don't like subbed stuff and are more of a dubbed fan...
    Highschool Of The Dead dubbed is worth a shot.
    http://www.animedreaming.tv/highscho...ead-episode-1/
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireslave View Post
    You could always start watching "Full Metal Alchemist". It has some drama but not romantic drama, its merely the sense of a dramatic background story. They manage to combine comedy and theres plenty of gore/combat at numerous points.

I actually begun to watch it after re watching all of Dragonball, Dragonball Z and dragonball GT which i hadnt watched in like 6/7 years :L I miss cartoon network showing real TV.
    First off CN is getting better try Symbionic Titan it's done by Genddy himself. As for DBZ these days Nicktoons/the cw has it though the CWs is SUPER cemnsored and CN version of DB was super vensored anyways. Oh right and those networks are showing the KAI verion.

---------- Post added 2011-03-11 at 09:09 PM ----------

You were talking about GITS in another thread

anyways I didn't really like it either, and isn't what OP of this thread is looking for.

(GITS is Ghost In The Shell)
    Agreed about it not being the OPs thing why i don;t mention some of my favourites for him such as Aquarion some seires that re great just have WAY too much emotional drama amog other types for alot of people. But it;s that trait among others that draws me to anime(others include how it plays out like a book quite often when compared to most other countries media at least).

Deleted
    Neon Genisis Evangelion.

Maybe not what you're looking for but it's an awesome anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saitan View Post
    Neon Genisis Evangelion.

Maybe not what you're looking for but it's an awesome anime.
    It's INCREDIBLY hit or miss i never liked it. I rfer Rahxephon i feel it did what eva was trying to do BETTER. Also eva like akira just strikes me as seriously overrated.