Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Alright, I just reset my talents, re-gemmed, put new Glyphs in.

Check my armory out now and see if theres anything else yet I need to change.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...estrock/simple
    Last edited by Videcaa; 2011-03-12 at 01:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem I see is you put 2 points in Aftermath instead of 2 points into Improved Soul Fire.

You also must have accidentally put in Strength gems instead of int gems
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

***Screwed up on talents my mistake,
    & Yep.. Wasn't paying attention and bought Strength.

/facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha it's cool, I have 3 Strength Gems in my Shaman's bags because I accidentally bought them instead of the Int ones hehe. Honest mistake. I figured you just rushed and stuff.

(btw, you have enough posts to have links now)

change the gem in your boots to 40 int you lose 20 haste only and int better then haste also since the bonus is 10 hit and you at 1754 losing 10 will put you bang on cap

Woo!
    Well I changed my talents around so hopefully I'll get good, I'll edit to post refreshed links.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...estrock/simple <-- As of now. If I'm showing Strength its Intellect, & My talents 2 Improved Soulfire, not Aftermath.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want the +20 Int set bonus from your chest. You don't want the +10 bonuses from your Gloves, Legs, Boots, Belt, and Shoulders. You're almost there!

as agallochh said u almost done my only advice for u is to practice rotation on dummy till u have it nailed then move to practice bane of havoc and multi dotting on 2 targets

What I did this time was change my Chest gem & Reforged my Shoulders & Cape to get Hit Cap.
    How's it looking now?

you can reforge the crit in your wand to haste instead of hit
    the crit on your head to haste
    the crit on your chest to haste
    the mastery on your belt to haste
    the crit on your epic ring to hit instead of mastery and get sta+run speed enchant on boots or mastery+run speed

you gotta check sim craft for those though as im not sure at which point haste is better then crit should be at around full 346 gear
    Last edited by Archimand; 2011-03-12 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Videcaa View Post
    Hi guys.

Recently my Guild just downed Ascendant Council and we should be attempting Cho'Gall now any day. I on average pull 11K-13K DPS overall and on single targets I can pull as high as 16K DPS. We do 10M raids and I want to know if my gear is ready enough yet and if you guys have any suggestions to what I can change before this encounter.

Thank you!
    I would recommend spending a little bit more time perfecting your rotation. I have one epic piece on my lock. Haven't raided much on him as work as been horrible with rotating shift. I can pull 18k with a 348 ilvl single target(no heroism). IF you can find where you're lacking and fix it you will pull bigger numbers than what i'm pulling.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Head: reforge crit -> haste
    Neck: reforge mastery -> hit
    Shoulders: reforge crit -> hit, socket 20 int 20 hit gem
    Cloak: reforge mastery -> hit, socket 40 int gem
    Chest: reforge crit -> haste, socket 20 int 20 hit and 20 int 20 haste gems (almost same than 2x 40 int gems)
    Wrist: enchant 50 Int
    Gloves: socket 20 int 20 hit gem
    Waist: reforge mastery -> haste, socket 2x 40 int gems
    Legs: socket 40 int gem
    Feet: socket 40 int gem, enchant 50 haste or Lavawalker
    Epic ring: regorge crit -> hit
    Alchemist trinket: socket 40 int gem
    Wand: reforge crit -> haste

I think you'll have 1746 hit after that (have to calculate it again).

Alright I re-fixed my stuff and took Arch's advice.

I restored my wand since I'm over Hit-Cap still & changed my Crit to Haste
    I changed the mastery on my belt to haste.
    I restored my epic ring and kept it the same seeing I'm already hit cap and don't need any extra hit.
    The boot enchant I need the +50 Hit rating or I'll fall well below hit cap.

As of now!

Thanks for the advice & keep it coming!
    Last edited by Videcaa; 2011-03-12 at 01:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think you're the first warlock to come to these forums and ask for help, get the help you asked for, and actually followed suit. 99% of the other warlocks looking for help should take a note out of your book. Glad to help anyone willing to be helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    Honestly I think you're the first warlock to come to these forums and ask for help, get the help you asked for, and actually followed suit. 99% of the other warlocks looking for help should take a note out of your book. Glad to help anyone willing to be helped.
    Haha, Thanks.
    But now that I'm geared I'm following your Rot on a Dummy and I'm only doing 12.5K , 13-14K when the Doomguard is out. Will this just come in time when I master my Rotation or do you have any pointers?

12% haste and 14% crit is good place to be fully raid buffed u should be 20% or so on both
    the run speed enchant on boots is a very good dps boost as must fights required alot of movement
    the faster u move the faster u can go back to dps and it might save your life if you get slow reaction
    its up to you but as i said reforge ring crit to hit thats exactly 50 hit and you will be free to reenchant your boots for lava walker or earthern vitality

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    I told you already. Intellect. Straight up. If you really want to keep set bonuses, Int+Haste in yellows and Int+Hit in blues. Personally, if you're hit capped, i'd gem straight up Brilliant Inferno Ruby for every socket as long as the bonus is +10 Whatever.

BoH is hardly optional from a min/max perspective. It's required.
    On Magmaw, if you Bane of Havoc the body before the Head Phase, the body takes the BoH damage even though you cant see it. Vice Versa for when the head goes under and the body comes back.. Put your BoH on the head before he retreats, and 15% damage you do is done to the head as well.

On Omnitron, you can put Bane of Havoc on the target right before you switch targets, BoH doesn't break the shield (just don't do this on Magmatron)

On Maloriak green phase, Bane of Havoc on him, kill the adds. Spec Demo instead.

Atramedes, no use for Bane of Havoc.

Chim, no use for Bane of Havoc.

Nefarian, BoH on Nef, DPS Ony.

Halfus, Bane of Havoc on Halfus and burn the drakes.

Twin Dragons, Bane of Havoc on whichever dragon is in the air.

Ascendant Council, bane of havoc on whichever mob you aren't focusin on.

Cho'gall, Bane of Havoc on Cho'gall when you switch over to burn the adds.

On a majority of fights, there's a use for Bane of Havoc.
    Note the striked cause really, when it comes to Maloriak, Demo is king.

Also to add, on Magmaw, put BoH on the exposed head before it goes up, BoH continues to redirect damage while Magmaw is "up".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahapenes View Post
    Note the striked cause really, when it comes to Maloriak, Demo is king.

Also to add, on Magmaw, put BoH on the exposed head before it goes up, BoH continues to redirect damage while Magmaw is "up".
    I know Demo is king for Maloriak, but this is Destro Lock advice time, not Demo Lock advice time. And You just reiterated what I said about magmaw

You still have haste reforged to hit and no reforged haste on crit+hit gear. And as a rule of thumb, you should always reforge mastery if you can. And I really suggest you should spend some gold and get 50 int on bracers and lavawalker on boots. You aren't replacing those gear pieces before 372 loot anyway. My earlier advice still stands.

Inferno>Doomguard even on non aoe fights.