Soul Warding, is it important for a priest?

Yea I've been leveling my priest and I've noticed that a lot of other priests around me spec into soul warding, apparently its a nooob move to NOT spec into it but I don't see the point of it. I mean where does it help me to have instant shield? To me its just a move to go oom even faster. What are all your intakes on this?

It's for people that want to do dungeons or battlegrounds. So it's like if you need to have someone else with a shield on them, then you want it. But if you plan on going to 85 completely alone, then you don't really need that talent...

/shrug

when i go disc (very rarely) i find that i can live with on 1 point in soul warding
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Yea I see that you could use it for like omg i want insta this and that but i just feel that its a waste of 2 points, they can go somewhere much more important but i guess thats just me, i mean im not saying a lot cant happen in 2 secs but still, id rather take that risk, especially for pvp i dont see the point, its like "yea ima bubble the whole team but now i have no mana for healing u gais" but this is just my opinion

Deleted
    You need it in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    You need it in raids.
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    You need it in raids.
    Soul warding is not a requirement for raiding discipline priests who are dedicated tank healers; it is a requirement for raid-support discipline priests.

15+ Year Old Account
    For holy, you don't have the point distribution to put into it. Same with shadow.

For discipline, you have the point distribution and the lack of other effective talents, dependant on your role focus (tank healing, raid healing, ect.).

It's pretty much discipline healers only that take it.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Just kind of scanned the other responses, but in short, I think for no more than one talent point, it can become really helpful. You might not notice a big difference, but the difference is there.

When you're raiding and you see everyone low on HP and a blast is going to happen that would kill 2 players if you don't heal them. Your Flash Heal might save 1, but will fail to save the 2nd one. Maybe if you Shield the first and Penance the 2nd, then you can hope your Penance ticks are fast enough but you're not sure. Then you'll deffo want to have Soul Warding since the healing/absorbing effect of your spells will be at the start of your cast, not when the cast has ended.

Quote Originally Posted by derbingle View Post
    Soul warding is not a requirement for raiding discipline priests who are dedicated tank healers; it is a requirement for raid-support discipline priests.
    Who "dedicates" tank healing in raids? Even if it is your primary job, you're not just tank healing the entire time. The only time Id see dedicated tank healing necessary is like 10 man heroic mode raids. Even then, you will still most likely fulfilling raid-support. That's just how discipline priests are. Support tank and raid healers. Were multifunctional.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

a 30k "heal" tossed on a tank the other tank or in cases the third tank, or a person who has a must heal now debuff, or even yourself to allow you to continue healing the tank, on the GCD (or however low you have it atm) cast a second or so apart....

yeah its pretty much a taker for a disc priest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bizarrogman View Post
    Yea I see that you could use it for like omg i want insta this and that but i just feel that its a waste of 2 points, they can go somewhere much more important but i guess thats just me, i mean im not saying a lot cant happen in 2 secs but still, id rather take that risk, especially for pvp i dont see the point, its like "yea ima bubble the whole team but now i have no mana for healing u gais" but this is just my opinion
    You don't even need GOOD PvP gear to have enough mana to keep several people bubbled. 2 seconds of PvP combat is quite a lot, getting 4-5 shields out instead of 2 is a big deal.