Thread: Enh or Ele

10+ Year Old Account

Enh or Ele

I have a level 72 shammy that I haven't bothered to level in a while and I want to get it up to 85. So my question as the name of the thread suggests which is best for levelling? Also if I were to go Enhancement what heirlooms would I need.

Thanks in advance.

Play what you want to play. Many people say enhancement is better for leveling.

Personally I'd say enhance. As with ele you're kinda screwed when a mob gets close to you (except for once every...45 seconds?) and as far as heirlooms, you'll want the mail agility shoulders and chest, the two agility 1-h maces (vulnerable mass of McGowan or whatever) and the haste trinket (or two if you'd like)

That should be all. Spec is kinda straight forward etc

Leveled my shaman as elemental, had no problems at all. And you aint "fucked" when mobs come close to you as they are dead 90% of the time before they even have a chance to move to you.

But as said above: Play the spec you like.
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

Deleted
    Enhancement I find is much more satisfying.

Deleted
    Level as ele, switch to enhancement at 84... End game ele play is shit in pvp anyways... Arena and BG. 1v1 its alright. PvE its good too. But yeah depends what you want.. Im still waiting for blizz to sort ele pvp out

Quote Originally Posted by Meqq View Post
    Leveled my shaman as elemental, had no problems at all. And you aint "fucked" when mobs come close to you as they are dead 90% of the time before they even have a chance to move to you.

I think you misunderstood me. Sure, you can kill things before they get to you. That wasn't my point, I said you're screwed when they get close, as in, if they do get close. Like what if you pull two or three at once?

Magma totem
    fire nova
    ???
    win
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any cokie cutter Enhance specs out there that i could take a look at.

Magma totem
    fire nova
    ???
    win
    ???
    Elemental nor enhance uses magma totem?)

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled enhance it was much quicker and far more fun. Up to you to keep it at 85 but I went ele at 85.

The heirlooms are the hunter heirlooms so the mail agility based ones. Have fun!

Its kind of your decision, I loved leveling as elemental. I don't understand what you mean when you pull more than one mob, wouldn't you be in the same situation even if you are enhancement? Most things dies when you spam 2 lightning bolts, flame shock, then lava burst. You are almost done casting the 2nd lightning bolt before the first one hits if you are max range. If you need to heal, elemental heals are pretty good as leveling. Grant it, you can solo more group quest as enhancement, but I feel overall that elemental is better to level at with higher levels. If you are starting out, enhancement is good, but elemental gets better as you level more.

If you like being out of harm's way, go ele. If you like your face in the action, go enh. I'd say become resto at the end with ele offspec, or vice-versa

Their priority queues are fairly similar in ease though, so either one will provide a small challenge but mostly not. I personally like the pew pew of ele, but I'm biased for crits and lava.

Wait, did you seriously just repost an unanswered thread?

Deleted

if they are not, one hitt with taht dagger with FT on it does the rest, If its elite, FS then thunderstorm, after that root em with totem, all in all almost as easy as enha...
    Enha's advantage is 0 downtime. malestorm and wolfs sustain your health, and your mana is endless, which is not the case with ele.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMetal View Post
    if they are not, one hitt with taht dagger with FT on it does the rest, If its elite, FS then thunderstorm, after that root em with totem, all in all almost as easy as enha...
    Enha's advantage is 0 downtime. malestorm and wolfs sustain your health, and your mana is endless, which is not the case with ele.
    First if you use the right specc Elemental shaman will never run out of mana?(unless you think your a mage and aoe all day)

Having level'd as all three specc at one time or another (currently have two level 85 shamans) I found that both Elemental and Enhancement to be very easy to play and had little to no issues with either. I would suggest that you try out both specc's and find which one you prefer. Having played as an Elemental Shaman since the Sunwell days (patch 2.4) I personally always enjoyed the caster style of play but I do feel that the current incarnation of the Enhancement Shaman is defiantly worth trying for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled as Elemental from 80-85 on Cata's release, and I had absolutely no problem at all. The speed was excellent, downtime was nonexistent due to Rolling Thunder and Thunderstorm and self-healing, and the problem of "what if you pull multiple mobs" is easily settled by just not pulling multiple mobs all the time.

Enhance would work just fine, too, but it's basically personal choice. Do you prefer chucking lightning bolts, or chewing them apart face-to-face?

Hex, Earthbind Totem (talented), Stoneclaw Totem (glyphed), Thunderstorm, Elemental totems, and self healing ftw. I found Ele to be really fun!

ask yourself this - do you like doing PvP? if your answer is 'yes' then stay as far away from elemental as possible. Its the worst pvp spec at the moment and you're going to get stomped by nearly every class out there atm. DK's and rogues will pick you apart while laughing.

'Help me pick what class/spec to play' are against the rules. Only you can choose what to play (especially for leveling).

Locking this thread.