Thread: NFL Lockdown...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I like how people come onto this thread, regardless of whether it was on the front page or not, and say how they don't like sports and or football. What's the point?

OT: There's going to be a season. There's also a thread dedicated to NFL news and updates, which includes this topic. I don't see why there's a new NFL thread everyday talking about the same things. I dun getit

Deleted
    carry on with my life.

Watch College Football, or watch some movies,,,

Deleted
    Guess then would be a good time to ask whats NFL. :P

But seriously considering its mostly an american thing and only ever shown in the uk at stupid times at night nothing much will change for me

10+ Year Old Account
    NHL > NFL. I honestly would be happy if there was no season this year. Football players are overpayed and underworked. Seriously, one game a week 15 times a year? What a fucking joke. I just heard on SportsCenter that a football star compared the NFL to modern day slavery.

GG..

Deleted
    It is a shame the NFL is in this mess but at least they have aired there issues and are trying to fix it. Here in the UK the sport of choice is football / soccer and a hideous thing called "The English Premier League" that is represented by a bunch of nancy boys getting paid 150k a week to dive about the field faking injury. Sport with as much money as the ones mentioned will always be corrupt and unless they change their policy's nothing will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I wouldn't be 2 bummed but it would ruin thanksgiving traditions.

And if you don't like NFL why bother coming in this post to tell everyone how glad you would be, I'm sure you would get all pissy if a sports fan laughed at you if wow got canceled.
    It showed up on the front page of MMO-Champ in the Recent Forum Posts box.

I'd watch my TV shows without them being preempted for a sport that I don't care about. It would be nice.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

Honestly, wouldn't break my heart any. More of a college football fan, and anything that makes espn sweat is okay with me. (Considering they practically own sports, with the whole 20 plus college bowl games )
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Owners are spending money to make money.
    Players are just receiving money.

Owners deserve to be significantly more greedy then the players ever should.

15+ Year Old Account
    Merged two similar topics both discussing the same issue.

One was "What would you do if there was no season", the other is the OP. It can all be discussed in the same thread imo.

There is no reason to resolve the lockout until either side stands to lose something tangible, which wont happen til August at the earliest. Expect it resolved shortly before the season is due to begin.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inj View Post
    There is no reason to resolve the lockout until either side stands to lose something tangible, which wont happen til August at the earliest. Expect it resolved shortly before the season is due to begin.
    Wouldn't training be affected at that point? I don't follow the NFL at all, but it seems to me they would be training by August.

There will be a season, but I think it'll be a shortened one though. Roughly 8-10 games is my guess. This might hurt the NFL in the long run though. The more games they don't play, the more the popularity of the NFL will diminish.

Now the NHL will get a break if there is no football season. Since there will be no NFL, people will need something to watch (besides college football). I can see hockey becoming more popular if the NFL Lockout goes into the season.

Deleted
    I would hate for there to be no NFL season (I'm English, too) It's a nice break from "Soccer" and other English sports, only 2-3 people at my school follow it, so we have our own little inside jokes after the games :P
    They'll be a season, they would lose too much money.

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    NHL > NFL. I honestly would be happy if there was no season this year. Football players are overpayed and underworked. Seriously, one game a week 15 times a year? What a fucking joke. I just heard on SportsCenter that a football star compared the NFL to modern day slavery.

GG..
    Cause they don't train, attend meetings, practice constantly. Yup, they wake up every sunday, stroll to the stadium and play, then go home to drink a beer. Also, they don't get life long injuries from playing. Nope. It's like playing WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post

GG..
    Before you flame, I'm currently playing university hockey in Western, Ontario.

Football is a much, much more aggressive and harder hitting game. Howie Long said,

"Get you and your buddy into the backyard and run as fast as you can into eachother head first 72 times. Now do it 16 weeks in a row."

For every Chara hit, there's 3 worse head on hits in the NFL every week. If you're going to argue a point, don't be an idiot and blindly post one sport being better than the other.

As for what Mendenhall said, he's upset that he may not have a job next year because of the greed of the owners, especially if they're adding an 18 game schedule. People say shit all the time they don't mean when they're upset.

Stood in the Fire StendhalSyndrom's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Un-United States, In the newest of Yorks, on the Isle of Long, roaming the Eastern Meadows.
    Well done watching the NFL now too, pretty much if they go on strike for a season I stop watching, I already stopped going to games of any kind due to the price, (sorry $250+ for a baseball game 2 peeps, crappy seats 2 dogs and a few brews is a f#$%ing ripoff and that is cheap compared to football games.(NFL for all you non Americans). So yea they already screw us royally and now they are going to literally take their ball n go home w/o more $....
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    "Oh yeah?" said Rhonin. "Well, I've got Reginald Whipplebottom the Fourth, here." As he said this, he brandished his right fist. "And I've got Agamemnon W. Jackson, as well," he said, indicating his left fist. "And they brought their buddy, Peter T. Thickness, the Piston of Devastation." As he said this, he did a pelvic thrust, in case it wasn't clear that he was talking about his penis.