Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffo View Post
    i thougth it was 5% spell hit and not 4%.
    I maybe be wrong here... but I believe that for PvP, the spell hit cap is 4%, and the melee hit cap is 5%.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh i did not know that was a diffrent from melee and spell.
    Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilG View Post
    I maybe be wrong here... but I believe that for PvP, the spell hit cap is 4%, and the melee hit cap is 5%.
    You're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelleas View Post
    Thanks for this guide, a lot of useful info for me (I'm leveling a priest but clueless about shadow pvp).
    Couple questions:

1) Guide does not cover the basics of "How to PvP" as Shadow? I know, pretty newbish, but that'd be nice I guess stack dots, use mind flay to maintain distance and mind blast with 1+ orb? How do you manage survavibility? Using silence defensively/shield? Even the most basics of tips are welcome
    2) For those of us who PvP mostly in BGs, what is the state of shadow there? Good/Okay/Poor BG tree?
    1) Everyone has their own play style, so their is no real "right" way to play - but that doesn't mean you can't do things wrong. Since you are lower level and don't have access to mindspike, you want to keep up dots + mindblast whenever possible + fill with flay (or if you need a snare) - of course be careful with your casting in mind to interrupts. Use shield often, I try to do the majority of my healing through renew/PoM. I only use cast time heals if no one is on me or I absolutely need to. Other tips.... silence can be used to prevent a DK from silencing you, which is pretty useful. If you are having trouble staying alive, try playing defensively around your fear cooldown.

2) Shadow is in a good spot, not the best it has been in, but it is most definitely viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Almost every mage will be using mage armor, because they should.
    what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by adezero View Post
    what's your point?
    That any time you face a mage and paladin (with resist up) together, the 240 spell pen is necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by Searsha View Post
    That any time you face a mage and paladin (with resist up) together, the 240 spell pen is necessary?
    let me know next time you see that combo. A pally will almost always use conc or ret aura for pvp. and pally/mage are never together in arena except for maybe 5s.

15+ Year Old Account
    you also don't always have time to plow through things like shadow protection in a pinch, the cost for getting the extra 40 pen up from 200 is basically none, it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    you also don't always have time to plow through things like shadow protection in a pinch, the cost for getting the extra 40 pen up from 200 is basically none, it's worth it.
    Exactly, it is well worth the minor drawbacks. You should run with 240 to be on the safe side, it is a minimal loss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adezero View Post
    let me know next time you see that combo. A pally will almost always use conc or ret aura for pvp. and pally/mage are never together in arena except for maybe 5s.
    I also want to refute your claim that mage and paladin do not play together, there are a lot of HIGH rated 3s teams with both a paladin and a mage on them:

http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings...2&class_id3=-1
    Last edited by Siri; 2011-03-15 at 10:29 PM.

Update: Added my basic power auras setup in the addon section. The setup is still under construction, advice is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Don´t forget that if you have enough knowledge about how your opponents move you could SW;D effects such as Gouge and Blind. (And yes Sheep, but that´s not really hard considering it´s a cast.)
    Wait wuuh? I'm just starting to get into pvp on my shadow priest, could you go into detail on this? o__o Like if you cast SWD right as the mage's cast ends the damage will break the sheep effect?

PS. Love this thread <3 I may know my way around PvE but I'm an idiot at PvP and not knowing what to gem/spec has always kept me from really going at it. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Solfire View Post
    Wait wuuh? I'm just starting to get into pvp on my shadow priest, could you go into detail on this? o__o Like if you cast SWD right as the mage's cast ends the damage will break the sheep effect?

PS. Love this thread <3 I may know my way around PvE but I'm an idiot at PvP and not knowing what to gem/spec has always kept me from really going at it. >_<
    The backfire damage caused by SWD will and can break CC effects that break on damage. If you land one just before polymorph goes off, it should break. You can use it to break blinds, gouge, repentance and many other CC effects (though ones without cast times are a lot harder to time.) This only works if your SWD causes backfire damage (the target doesn't die) and the damage isn't absorbed (yes have PW:S up won't let you do this).

u can silence a dk or a enhancement shaman and mind control them away from u after death grips its kind of op. glyph of scourge imprisonment is a 0.5 cast shackle to if that helps but good guide.

This marco helps vs warriors and frost mages one button for everything for having to do with shadowfiend.
    #showtooltip Shadowfiend
    /cast [nopet] Shadowfiend
    /petaggressive
    /petattack
    /cast [pet] Shadowcrawl
    /cast [pet, target=pet] Fear Ward

get a cancel aura marco for bubble and dispersion for frost mages help alot.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2011-04-04 at 02:08 AM.