Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I remember when i could wtfpwn everything when i had enough stacks for my recbomb

I remember when people laughed at ret, jet i could still top meters before Aq was out.

I remember when i had to buff 40 people every 5 minutes - that was seriously insane (raids took 8h back then in our guild)

I remember when i feel'd the fury of the windseeker for the first time and the warrior welding it was known and feared by all factions alike.

I remember when that special mob dropped my first (and only as far as i recall atm) boe epic (Glowing Brightwood Staff) and it bought me my mount.

I remember when my shoulders (t2) Ashkandi and Lok'amir would not drop, ever, in over 150 ID's. NOT ONE TIME. Also no Sulfuras.

I remember when you had to wait 7 days to see if you actually got a new tittle after endless hours of farming the same pepole in wsg/arathi over and over.

I remember when tyrs hand was the place to be.
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

Deleted
    I remember when killing a boss took an effort outside of raidhours also. For example: getting fire res gear and that fire res buff (you had to mindcontrol one particular mob in UBRS to get it) for Ragnaros, farming maraudon to get nature res gear for huhuran, etc..

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when the succubus looked like this:
    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Succubus_Old.png

I remember taming a jaguar cat in Stranglethorn Vale from Jaguero Island to teach my other cat (the one I still have!) a new rank of Prowl and Claw. I also remember that this pet was bugged, and zoning broke it. I remember swimming all the way back to Booty Bay and jumping on the boat to go back to Kalimdor to quest and noticing that suddenly this cat didn't know the right rank of Prowl and Claw anymore. I remember having to run all the way back (on foot) to that island to tame another, and then staying on that island until I was able to teach my cat the new ranks of those spells.

That wasn't too long ago, as I only started playing mid-BC. I remember that they introduced level 40 mounts at level 30 when I was level 36.

I remember seeing a night elf on a saber mount and asking my boyfriend if I could get one (as a draenei). He said I had to get exalted with Darnassus, and then I could buy one. I remember questing STRICTLY in Kalimdor to build up that rep. Took me a very long time to get to 60. I was level 58 when I reached exalted. I also remember going to Outlands then, getting pwned, and running back to Eastern Plaguelands to quest there until 60. Then I bought my Mistsaber and off to Hellfire Peninsula I went.

Oh man, plz dont let this thread die, i like all this
    Your mom is so fat, on level 20 she gained aspect of the whale

I remember when the Gurubashi Arena was always packed with players and huge battles just for a little chest would go down. This was before everyone started grouping or bringing higher level toons to help out.

10+ Year Old Account

Red face A little necro-posting

I remember questing in level 10 to get my Hunter Pet.
    I remember having to resurrect my pet fast in order not to lose it for good.
    I remember having to feed it (really often) so it would be happy and make 125% dmg, or at least to prevent it from becoming Unhappy and dealing only 75% dmg, or seeing it run away (or even attack its master) after that.
    I remember having to train them, and to learn skills for other pets from them.
    I remember sharing GCD with most of my pet's skills.
    I remember having 3 stable slots (2, in fact, cos you had to store your pet before taking another one out, and 1 was saved to tame a determined pet to learn a skill from it and then release it back into the wild).
    I remember having to level my pets (even if they were level 15 and I was 50).
    I remember having mana to shoot arrows (WTF?!).
    I remember running out of arrows (¬¬).
    I remember having one less bag than any other class because of the quiver (¬¬).
    I remember "Aspect of the Monkey".
    I remember every when single stat in the game (even spirit) being useful for hunters.
    I remember when the race did make a difference beyond the active skill.
    I remember when Shammies were Horde-only, while the alliance had Pallies.
    I remember when Goblins were neutrals.
    I remember myself remembering Goblins used to belong to the Horde back in WCII.
    I remember Pandaren used to belong to the Horde back in WCIII.
    I remember trading my Ivory Raptor for a "cool armored new one" (I do hate myself!!).
    I remember (and the Cloud Serpents reminded me of it recently) killing and getting killed tons of times while trying to farm eggs in Outland.
    I remember when only a few races could pick each class.
    I remember myself waiting for the ship to Booty Bay in Ratchet.
    I remember...

I remember tanking dungeons on my shaman up to around level 40. May have been 30. Enhancement with a shield and 1h with Rockbiter Weapon and Earth Shock (they used to be threat builders).

I remember... Having like 3 different ranks of flash heal on my bars (as a healer, to preserve mana, you could use lower ranks for smaller, cheaper heals)
    I remember... Buying my first flying mount, mounting it and flying around.. the feeling was incredible
    I remember... Doing the priest staff quest.. I was so excited yet so nervous
    I remember... My first 25-man raid, Gruul's Lair.. Feeling overwhelmed by all the people/raid frames (so many people to heal!)

Deleted
    I remember getting lost trying to find the 2handed Mace trainer which was in thunderbluff at the time if I remember correctly, being a noob I was baffled by how I was supposed to get to this city on a cliff, I spent about an hour running around trying to find the entrance until I finally realised there was a lift.

Good times.

I remember reading the WoW webpage before the game launched and thinking I would be a dwarf rogue. With the dwarves ability to sense treasure chests and a rogues stealth and pick lock I would be rich! A real master thief! Sneaking around them wendigo caves taught me some harsh lessons about how not to use stealth. Also it turns out that a single tigerseye found in a chest deep in a cave does not count as massive treasure.
    See all, Hear all, Record all.
    ~Still Playing since Open Beta~

I remember this thread back in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsurge View Post
    I remember when Stance Dancing was a Must. In Warrior tanking.
    DEFENSE CAP, MITIGATION TABLES AND CRUSHING BLOWS, AAAGH THE PAIN OF THE CLASSIC TANK! THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT IT IS TO TANK THESE DAYS! DONT SIT DOWN OF THE BOSS WILL CRUSHING BLOW YOU! MAKE SURE CRITICALS ARE NOT ON THE HIT TABLE!

*Ahem* I remember classic tanking. I remember it well. Only warriors allowed ofcourse!
    See all, Hear all, Record all.
    ~Still Playing since Open Beta~

10+ Year Old Account
    Healing power and spell power, and when defence rating was an actual thing. When a pally wearing cloth to heal wasn't frowned upon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzz View Post
    Healing power and spell power, and when defence rating was an actual thing. When a pally wearing cloth to heal wasn't frowned upon.
    I remember Tanks (Warriors, ofc) wearing mail because of the stat bonuses.

I remember having to train in ALL moves and stats, including the hunter pet.

I remember needing ammo and all the different kinds and NEVER being able to use the epic ones 'cause they were all raid rep required purchases.

I remember running through Desolace the first time on my super crappy laptop with view distance on the minimum otherwise it would crash. I was terrified and my heart was pounding in my throat.

I remember getting my lvl 40 mount after like.... 6-8 months of playing and finding it so unexpectedly fast that I kept running in to walls.

I remember finally hitting lvl 70. I was in Netherstorm. It had taken me so long to get there and I was so excited to be able to go into Shadowmoon Valley.

I remember grinding Obsidian Warbeads to get my Talbuk mount. That took me a long time....after three years of ditzing around I finally ground the ogres all over Nagrand at lvl 80. Took like three days, and then I wanted nothing to do with it for two weeks.

I remember grinning like a nerdy dingbat when I FINALLY finished raising my rep with the Netherwing and getting that ride from the goblin/netherdragon all the way back to Shattrath. By they though I could pick whichever one I wanted and then fly back to Shadowmoon Valley to get the rest. Still one of my most favorite mounts.

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ElChOrC View Post
    I remember questing in level 10 to get my Hunter Pet.
    I remember having to resurrect my pet fast in order not to lose it for good.
    I remember having to feed it (really often) so it would be happy and make 125% dmg, or at least to prevent it from becoming Unhappy and dealing only 75% dmg, or seeing it run away (or even attack its master) after that.
    I remember having to train them, and to learn skills for other pets from them.
    I remember sharing GCD with most of my pet's skills.
    I remember having 3 stable slots (2, in fact, cos you had to store your pet before taking another one out, and 1 was saved to tame a determined pet to learn a skill from it and then release it back into the wild).
    I remember having to level my pets (even if they were level 15 and I was 50).
    I remember having mana to shoot arrows (WTF?!).
    I remember running out of arrows (¬¬).
    I remember having one less bag than any other class because of the quiver (¬¬).
    I remember "Aspect of the Monkey".
    I remember every when single stat in the game (even spirit) being useful for hunters.
    I remember when the race did make a difference beyond the active skill.
    I remember when Shammies were Horde-only, while the alliance had Pallies.
    I remember when Goblins were neutrals.
    I remember myself remembering Goblins used to belong to the Horde back in WCII.
    I remember Pandaren used to belong to the Horde back in WCIII.
    I remember trading my Ivory Raptor for a "cool armored new one" (I do hate myself!!).
    I remember (and the Cloud Serpents reminded me of it recently) killing and getting killed tons of times while trying to farm eggs in Outland.
    I remember when only a few races could pick each class.
    I remember myself waiting for the ship to Booty Bay in Ratchet.
    I remember...
    All of your hunter remarks *dies* I remember I tamed the white tiger out of STV and I could never EVER keep it fed and happy enough for the fighting stats. It finally ran away... when I was in Un'goro Crater... surrounded by dinosaurs... and you could only have one pet at a time... and hearthstone was on cooldown.

I remember when you had to put at least mild effort into making any gold, and how worrisome it was to have mount funds.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when a patch (during BC, I think) introduced a bug with how mobs interacted with uneven terrain, and until they fixed it a few weeks later, mobs would be falling through the ground all over Azeroth. I'd go out trying to level my skinning, and watch raptors bouncing along, with their heads barely above ground.

I remember having to apply Amplify Magic to the raid for Gruul and Dampen Magic to the raid for Sapphiron

why removed from game i will never understand

Quote Originally Posted by Documentor View Post
    DEFENSE CAP, MITIGATION TABLES AND CRUSHING BLOWS, AAAGH THE PAIN OF THE CLASSIC TANK! THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT IT IS TO TANK THESE DAYS! DONT SIT DOWN OF THE BOSS WILL CRUSHING BLOW YOU! MAKE SURE CRITICALS ARE NOT ON THE HIT TABLE!

*Ahem* I remember classic tanking. I remember it well. Only warriors allowed ofcourse!
    I never tanked in vanilla but tanked hardcore in bc. I remember top end dps needing moar threatz to keeping derpsing so i would use the x key to get moar rages for moar heroic strikez and it was gud.