Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    It should be added, it also depends on your discipline build.

If you're "tank healing disc", you have Penance glyphed and the 4-pc is a very good benefit.

If you're "raid healing disc", your Penance is not glyphed, and so does not have full uptime (on top of which you may not even be using Penance on cooldown at 12 seconds, unless only to have ten of added spirit regen). In that case, it's not overly worth it.

It depends all on your build and/or role in raids on whether this set bonus is worthwhile to you or not.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

for a while i had to switch between holy and disc as needed, thats why the reforging is all over the place. i'm changing it as we speak

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    It should be added, it also depends on your discipline build.

If you're "tank healing disc", you have Penance glyphed and the 4-pc is a very good benefit.

If you're "raid healing disc", your Penance is not glyphed, and so does not have full uptime (on top of which you may not even be using Penance on cooldown at 12 seconds, unless only to have ten of added spirit regen). In that case, it's not overly worth it.

It depends all on your build and/or role in raids on whether this set bonus is worthwhile to you or not.
    This is more along the lines of how I think about it. When I raid on my disc alt, I often raid heal. I don't see the benefit of the 4p or 2p really. I don't see mana being much of a problem anyway.

I like how you've reforged 31 mastery -> 31 haste on your mainhand, and 39 haste -> 39 mastery on your offhand, giving you a total of 8 extra mastery - instead of just settling for one and getting a noteworthy bonus

To be honest I always play holy, but i'm wondering how you possibly can be satisfied with 2610 combat regen? In my opinion KEEP THE 4-SET!

Quote Originally Posted by Themegatron View Post
    I like how you've reforged 31 mastery -> 31 haste on your mainhand, and 39 haste -> 39 mastery on your offhand, giving you a total of 8 extra mastery - instead of just settling for one and getting a noteworthy bonus

To be honest I always play holy, but i'm wondering how you possibly can be satisfied with 2610 combat regen? In my opinion KEEP THE 4-SET!
    fixed the mainhand...

tbh, we rely on manatide a lot, even then, mana regen isn't that much of an issue, so I'm more than satisfied with 2610 combat regen

edit - sorry, the other holy priests in raid rely on it... not me so much
    Last edited by da_ganner; 2011-03-14 at 01:28 PM.

(I am holy priest, so take anything I say with a grain of salt and understand that I do not know much about Disc) I'm confused by those that say to drop the 540 free spirit. I know it might be a pain right now, but it is supposed to become much easier to keep the set bonus up in the future.

Regardless, can the offset pieces really give you 540 extra stats over the 4 set? My thought would be even if you had no desire for the 540 spirit, taking it and reforging 540 spirit from other parts of your gear to the crit/haste/mastery as you desire would be the way to go. That way you do not end up "over spirited" and you get the 540 points in other secondary stats. I can't imagine that you would end up in the same position if you went with offset pieces (though I have not looked into it, so if I'm wrong, well, then, I'm wrong).

Can you REALLY get the 540 secondary stats by going offset?