Page 1 of 2
LastLast

worth dropping 4 piece?

hey, just picked up robes-of-the-burning-acolyte from normal halifus.

as disc i am wondering if it is worth dropping my 4 set for this?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yganner/simple
    if you want my armory link

Deleted
    ugh, how do people like you get this kind of gear?

i mean seriously, are you trolling or have you bought that char?

easy now... lvled him from scratch i did.
    so no trolling.

been unlucky with drops i have is all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by da_ganner View Post
    so no trolling.

yeah i was also a bit rude i apologize, just woke up after a rough night^^
    you pretty much want to keep your 4p bonus, no matter what!
    the 540 spirit is faaaar too good to lose, just becuase you´re unlucky with drops doesn´t mean you should take everything you can, because in this case it would be a downgrade .

fair enuf, i honestly thought that the mastery would have been better, but i'm open to being wrong

Deleted
    If you want more mastery you can start by removing all the reforged crit from mastery. 4set is well worth it, even if it might not be as easy to proc as holy.

so no trolling.

Master Yoda plays WoW. A Priest, on top of it.

I must tell the world!
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

15+ Year Old Account
    It honestly depends on what kind of uptime you get out of your 4p bonus, if you barely activate it then what's the point of using it?

I agree with Lohe, there's two big factors in deciding what
    s an upgrade.

1) Do you use Penance on Cooldown?
    2) Are you having mana issues?

3?) I don't Priest much, but is Mastery really good for Disc?

I know this is completely unrelated, but why don't you have a belt buckle?

And Yilar's idea is probably the best, just get back the mastery you reforged to crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    It honestly depends on what kind of uptime you get out of your 4p bonus, if you barely activate it then what's the point of using it?
    You should always penance on cd as disc wether you raid heal or tank heal. Even if half of it is wasted... 3k mana for 18k healing is just as good as shield healing or poh spam on 4-5 targets in terms of mana ratio, plus you get some quick grace stacks.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-03-13 at 04:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinwtf View Post
    I agree with Lohe, there's two big factors in deciding what
    s an upgrade.

1) Do you use Penance on Cooldown?
    2) Are you having mana issues?

3?) I don't Priest much, but is Mastery really good for Disc?
    Mastery makes the PW:S absorb more if I remember correctly... Which is good.

I'm baffled by your reforging. You reforge crit to mastery, mastery to crit, haste to mastery and mastery to haste. Doesn't look like you've been that unlucky with drops either, frankly.

Deleted
    540 permanent spirit for one item it way too big of a deal. If you feel like you got too much mana, just reforge spirit away, but don't drop 4p.

Also, enchant boots, get buckle, fix your cross stat reforging (reforging mastery to crit and haste just to reforge it back on other items... really?), if possible, namechange. And lol at "raid renew spam" holy build.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    You should always penance on cd as disc wether you raid heal or tank heal. Even if half of it is wasted...
    No, the hpm on penance is good, but it's not THAT good. There's plenty of situations where you won't want to penance on cooldown. There's also times where you may want to penance someone that doesn't have weakened soul meaning you'll be without the bonus.
    Last edited by Siri; 2011-03-13 at 05:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    There's also times where you may want to penance someone that doesn't have weakened soul meaning you'll be without the bonus.
    That requirement will be removed next patch though, making 4p even better for disc.

Quote Originally Posted by nilnar View Post
    I'm baffled by your reforging. You reforge crit to mastery, mastery to crit, haste to mastery and mastery to haste. Doesn't look like you've been that unlucky with drops either, frankly.
    yeah i know i gotta reforge, just been too lazy/busy to get around to it...

oh yeah, when I say unlucky I mean stuff like the mace from nef, scepter of power etc... has dropped and gone to someone else. not much I can do about it and no use complaining.

question then, would you use that chest if you had tier head?

Deleted
    Yes there might be situations that will go outside the box, but in general you will want to use penance right after you have used pw:s for the bt buff, thus giving you a target for penance 4set buff...

My plan is to scrap four piece for discipline and use offset chest from halfus, offset helm from magmaw, and 2 piece gloves/legs.
    I honestly don't need the spirit bonus at my current gear level. And even then, spirit isn't the major contribution to your mana regen as discipline. Also, you have to factor in wasting mana to gain the spirit buff.

---------- Post added 2011-03-13 at 02:23 PM ----------

so no trolling.

I think he was talking about your reforging choices. What's the point of reforging mastery to crit on one item, and then reforging crit to mastery for the other? Then your reforging for haste for other pieces, then reforge out of it on others? What's the point of reforging at all if you're just going to cross cancel? You don't seem to have a clear goal of whether you want haste, crit, or mastery. Not to mention your meta gem is incorrect as well.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"