Holy PvE CD Help

Can any give me a simple guide as to what CD is best to use in a situation?
    ie. Low mana = use Divine Plea

I'm still sort of new to healing and I haven't found myself using CDs unless people are close to dying and then I just randomly hit them and hope for the best.

Deleted
    Hey, welcome to the world of a Holy Paladin.

I would reccomend looking at the sticky in this thread, found here. It's a very good Holy Paladin guide written by Simca.

Under the heading 2.2, you will find every cooldown we have and when is best to use them. If you have time you should also read the rest of the guide, however the heading i have given is that the answers your question.
    Last edited by mmoc3ece278ef7; 2011-03-13 at 03:33 PM.

1st rule: Never use a CD to compensate for Divine Plea's healing reduction!

When you know that, just use CD's when you think it's necessary. Also remember it's better to use your CD's everytime they are up than rarely using them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Elessa View Post
    1st rule: Never use a CD to compensate for Divine Plea's healing reduction!

When you know that, just use CD's when you think it's necessary. Also remember it's better to use your CD's everytime they are up than rarely using them at all.
    Apart from hand of sacrifice?
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

10+ Year Old Account
    Always try to use GoAK as your first CD if the fight will be longer than 5 minutes. So you can use it twice.

And don't be afraid to use your cooldowns simply for mana preservations. Some fights lack more distinct damage-shocks. At least during part of the encounter. It can then be reasonable to instead use the shorter cooldowns (like Hand of Sacrifice, Divine Favor and Avenging Wrath) to keep your mana pool topped. Good alternative to Divine Plea, since they don't reduce your healing done.

Don't be afraid to use DP before you go out of mana too. I generally use it when I'm at about 75-80% mana in 25 man raids, so I can use it again when it's CD is up.

Aura Mastery, generally use it when a large portion of your group/raid is taking some type of magical damage (IE Swimming through Lava on Nef).

Hand of Sacrifice is generally best used when the tank is taking a crap ton of dmg. (again, for example, when the add tank on Nef has all adds up and empowered in P3).

Avenging Wrath is good to use when you need an extra oomph to your heals. Divine Guardian is good for when you either A. need to play catch up, or B. someone(s) is taking a lot of DMG. I use Divine Guardian a lot in all different types of situations, it's really something you just figure out when you need to use.

Sorry with all the Nef references, my mind is a bit shot and that's the only fight I can think about right now. xD
    Araceli - Cenarion Circle

Apart from the "what's the CD best used for"

Don't forget your cooldowns. I set up power auras to have several Icons wobble on screen if CDs are ready.

In most cases you will know when to use CDs but in some fights (Atramedes, Omnitron) there is constant havoc and it's always better to use a CD 3 times a fight on not-as-emergency situations than waiting the whole encounter for that magical moment.

So knowing when your CDs are off cooldown helps a lot. Hand of sacrifice is even bound to a (telephon ring) sound so I'm directly aware of it.

It seems pretty obvious to me when to use 3 out of 4 cooldowns.

Divine Plea for mana return, timed so that the self-mortal-strike isn't a major danger.
    Divine Favor when you need a 30 seconds of serious time (glyph it! 30 sec is longer than you think)
    Wings when you need a short amount of very large heals

then Divine Guardian... when?
    I use it topping off the raid going into last phase on Chimaeron every time, but I can't decide whether the major increase to tank healing or the AoE splash is more useful on many of the fights. It's a very powerful cooldown with a long CD, I end up spending too much time thinking of the perfect time to use it and then never use it at all >_>
    Curious when other Holy pallies use their dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER