Elemental Trinkets

Evening all

Hope you're good.

So we've just cleared BoT, BWD and To4W's this reset except Cho (tomorrow) and our first attempts at Al'Akir on Tuesday. Nef hasn't been touched yet.

So you can see I'm not a hardcore player. Trinkets are my question. At the moment I'm running with DMC:Volcano and The Witching Hourglass (Int + Haste proc hc trink). This reset we got the Atramedes trink drop and I thought about going for it and reforging crit to mastery, but I decided against it as it wasn't Int based.

I'm hanging on for Theralions Mirror seeing as it's Int and Mastery Proc which makes me most excited. I'm just wondering if a) I've made the wrong decision on the Atramedes trink and b) if I should consider something like Heart of Ignacious.

ps - I hate Archaeology for not offering me the doll for the higher Int - but I'm not having any mana issues at all so the use isn't that brilliant.

If anyone has any thoughts please do post, also if you think I should be running with a different hc trink let me know

Cheers for any replies!
    Vi veri veniversum vivus vici - By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Deleted
    DMC:Volcano is the BiS for elemental shaman, reforge the mastery in haste.
    other trinket use theralion mirror, that drop from valion and theralion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m4rku5 View Post
    DMC:Volcano is the BiS for elemental shaman, reforge the mastery in haste.
    other trinket use theralion mirror, that drop from valion and theralion
    Pretty much this. I push 16.5k steady dps with both of these trinkets and if i get lucky with procs ill push to 23k at the start of a boss fight
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

Nice nice - thanks for the responses guys. Quick question - reforge mastery to haste? Is this necessary? Is mastery not our better stat?

At the moment in my middle of the road gear I'm pulling about 14k steadily but with procs/tinkers/ele mastery can get insane burst at boss starts
    Vi veri veniversum vivus vici - By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe

Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Just curious Grelsha, are you a JC? If you are pick up the Jeweled Serpent as it's about on par with the Mirror.

Mastery is anywhere from slightly worse to ever so slightly better than Haste in a standstill fight depending on your personal gear setup currently.

Movement bumps Haste ahead in all available gearing situations, though not by much. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mastery completely overtake haste as early as next tier.
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

Really?! I am indeed a JC and have the Serpent sat in my bags, I haven't considered it, mainly because I don't massively like on-use trinkets but will definitely try it out!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grelsha View Post
    Nice nice - thanks for the responses guys. Quick question - reforge mastery to haste? Is this necessary? Is mastery not our better stat?

At the moment in my middle of the road gear I'm pulling about 14k steadily but with procs/tinkers/ele mastery can get insane burst at boss starts
    Mastery right now is scaling better than haste. At lower gear levels, you'll still see Haste ahead of Mastery, but as you approach full heroic raid gear, Mastery will start to take over. They're pretty close as it is, though, but we're likely to see Mastery be the frontrunner in Firelands and beyond, barring some other major changes that we haven't seen.

So I did some testing last night with Jeweled Serpent. Gave me some nice numbers on the dummies but the annoying thing is that it shares a cd with Synapse Springs (tinker gloves) which is a bit of a pain. Although it might be nice to be able to chain "on use" items in a row to bring sustained dps rather than burst.

Thanks for your help guys

So I did some testing last night with Jeweled Serpent. Gave me some nice numbers on the dummies but the annoying thing is that it shares a cd with Synapse Springs (tinker gloves) which is a bit of a pain. Although it might be nice to be able to chain "on use" items in a row to bring sustained dps rather than burst.

#showtooltip Elemental Mastery
    /use (insert gloves)
    /use Jeweled Serpent
    /cast Elemental Mastery

This will pop your synapse springs first, and if they're on cooldown, Jeweled Serpent. For "100% uptime" on both, you can also macro them into LvB and LB

Quote Originally Posted by Mestofiles View Post
    /use (insert gloves)
    /use Jeweled Serpent
    /cast Elemental Mastery

Or use slot numbers so you dont need to change the macro when you get a new pair of gloves / a new trinket

/use 10 (Gloves slot)
    /use 13 ("Top" trinket slot)
    /use 14 ("Buttom" trinket slot)
    /cast Elemental Mastery

Heres a list of all the slot numbers if needed:
    0 = ammo
    1 = head
    2 = neck
    3 = shoulder
    4 = shirt
    5 = chest
    6 = belt
    7 = legs
    8 = feet
    9 = wrist
    10 = gloves
    11 = finger 1
    12 = finger 2
    13 = trinket 1
    14 = trinket 2
    15 = back
    16 = main hand
    17 = off hand
    18 = ranged
    19 = tabard
    Last edited by Darcam; 2011-03-14 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcam View Post
    Or use slot numbers so you dont need to change the macro when you get a new pair of gloves / a new trinket

/use 10 (Gloves slot)
    /use 13 ("Top" trinket slot)
    /use 14 ("Buttom" trinket slot)
    /cast Elemental Mastery

Heres a list of all the slot numbers if needed:
    0 = ammo
    1 = head
    2 = neck
    3 = shoulder
    4 = shirt
    5 = chest
    6 = belt
    7 = legs
    8 = feet
    9 = wrist
    10 = gloves
    11 = finger 1
    12 = finger 2
    13 = trinket 1
    14 = trinket 2
    15 = back
    16 = main hand
    17 = off hand
    18 = ranged
    19 = tabard
    I wanted to include the slot numbers, but i usually forget them. I do use them in my own macros, but i'm on my laptop atm and i'm not able to log in and check

Deleted
    I'm too cheap to fork out for DMC:V atm so I've gone with Theralion's Mirror and Bell of Enraging Resonance, reforging the crit on that to haste. No DPS problems here.

That looks great, will definitely give it a go once I'm back from work later! More I think about it the more I'm coming around to the "on use" of the serpent

oooo forgot about that part. That'll probably push it below mirror for you depending on how often they conflict (couldn't tell ya for sure as I'm not an engi) because it'll reduce the overall effective uptime. I'd imagine it would still probably be stronger than Heart/Bell though.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gistwiki View Post
    oooo forgot about that part. That'll probably push it below mirror for you depending on how often they conflict (couldn't tell ya for sure as I'm not an engi) because it'll reduce the overall effective uptime. I'd imagine it would still probably be stronger than Heart/Bell though.
    Synapse Springs has a 1 minute cooldown and 10 sec duration. I have no idea how much cooldown the trinket has (my guess is 2 minutes), so it'll probably only interfere with it once which is the initial pull where they will be chained. After that, their cooldown will be synced for chaining.

/use (insert gloves)
    /use Jeweled Serpent
    /cast Elemental Mastery
    This will pop your synapse springs first, and if they're on cooldown, Jeweled Serpent. For "100% uptime" on both, you can also macro them into LvB and LB
    change gloves with trinket.... 480 int vs 14xx? SP + ele Mastery, what would be better... right 14xx sp.
    if you use the makro above you will allways use synapse with elemental mastery, when all cds are rdy, but you allways should use Juwe trinket+ elemental mastery when possible.

And mirror is a littl better than juwe trinket.

Synapse Springs has a 1 minute cooldown and 10 sec duration. I have no idea how much cooldown the trinket has (my guess is 2 minutes), so it'll probably only interfere with it once which is the initial pull where they will be chained. After that, their cooldown will be synced for chaining.
    derp >.>

What I get for not thinking about it I suppose.

@ Alector: Jeweled Serpent vs Theralion's Mirror (359). Int -> Crit conversion taken from http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t29453-c..._85_cataclysm/

TM - 321*1.05*1.05 = ~354 Int = 354 SP and ~98 Crit Rating
    10% Proc chance leads to ~8 seconds on average to proc after ICD expires.
    1926*(20/108) = 356.667 Mastery

Jeweled Serpent - 285*1.05*1.05 =~314 Int = 314 SP and ~87 Crit Rating
    1425*(20/120) = 237.5 SP

Adding/Subtracting so you don't have the same stat on both sides leads to:

TM - 356.667 Mastery & 11 Crit rating vs
    JS - 197.5 SP

Depending on what you use to calculate your values, either one could win out. Simcraft favors the Serpent, while Bink's spreadsheet favors TM. Either way they are very close. Edit - This doesn't even begin to factor movement or your cooldowns in. Both of those favor Serpent over TM as part of the TM proc can be wasted, while you can make sure that you always have the Serpent up when you'll get the full use out of it (not to mention the SP use benefits Fire Elemental Totem.)
    Last edited by Gistwiki; 2011-03-14 at 02:50 PM.

As everyone's said, Theralion's Mirror is your best complementary trinket with Volcano. Heart of Ignacious works decently as a backup plan if you don't see a mirror drop. Took me forever to finally have one drop, glad to bench the Ignacious