Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So Im going to start working on alysrazor soon and I was wondering if it is worth using pulverize at all when dealing with the adds. Would it be a dps increase to just ignore pulverize and hit lacerate when mangle and thrash are on CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    So Im going to start working on alysrazor soon and I was wondering if it is worth using pulverize at all when dealing with the adds. Would it be a dps increase to just ignore pulverize and hit lacerate when mangle and thrash are on CD?
    No. Pulverize is a DPS increase. Use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also eat the first tantrum with SI to stack vengeance and then blow zerk, after that feed them worms at 80% 60% 40% 20%
    Victoria Aut Mors

It also can help if you blow zerk while near one of the casters, which frees up some additional dps, especially on 10 where your dps on the caster will be a noticeable boost. While they might not be doing 100k like you should be, 15k each for a little bit is still a considerable boost.

Quote Originally Posted by uzumati View Post
    Also eat the first tantrum with SI to stack vengeance and then blow zerk, after that feed them worms at 80% 60% 40% 20%
    Why the heck would you need SI to eat a tantrum?

Doesn't SI also defeat the purpose of attempting to stack vengeance anyways...

Just downed alysrazor as a bear tank, and I have to say that as a agility stack its pretty easy to deal with tantrum. Because of my high avoidance, even when the bird was hungry, it took him a long time to get a tantrum, thus allowing me to wait a little bit more before feeding him.

Also, use Pulverize on your rotation, the extra crit helps finish off the add. I had enough time to both kill the add AND help out with the other tank's and still have 15 seconds remaining before the vortex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyren View Post
    Doesn't SI also defeat the purpose of attempting to stack vengeance anyways...
    No the vengeance gain is calculated without the damage reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Katarn View Post
    Why the heck would you need SI to eat a tantrum?
    You don't it just makes it easier on the healers.
    Victoria Aut Mors

Quote Originally Posted by uzumati View Post
    No the vengeance gain is calculated without the damage reduction.
    You really should check the facts before trying to make things up in a futile attempt to prove your failed point.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    just gotta say, killed alysrazor heroic last night, i respecced slightly for more dmg and regemmed/chanted etc, got hit cap and exp cap (26) went full agility and used fluid death and heroic priestors as trinkys......... my dps was a constant 100k sometimes more BUT omg them hatchlings rape you when they do their tantrum and no ammount of dodge it seems will help you, we wiped about 6 times just because me and our pala tank died from tantrums SO my advice if u do alys heroic is save any cds for tantrum while ya kiting hatchlings to the worms cos tantrums fekkin HURT !!!!!! i died from tantrum on our kill when boss was at 18%, luckily it was a burnout phase and we just about killed it lol, BUT i shoulda made the ranks probly at number 1 but i didnt cos i fekkin died lol...... awesome fight tho, my fave of all so far
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Alysrazor rankings are meaningles. Because the hatchlings have finite hp, your DPS will depend more on exactly when Alysrazor dies. Ideally you maximize your time-on-hatchling, which would probably mean killing Alysrazor just as the 2nd hatchling dies.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    idd rankings mean fekk all apart from a lil "woot" moment for you to gloat over ;p but yea was just saying i missed being ranked by a very small margin lol and our pala tank who ranked 10th or summit enjoyed rubbing it in haha

You don't it just makes it easier on the healers.
    Tell your healers to stop sucking, and if they are really that bad, use Barkskin.

Anyone have a good Bear spec? It seems as if the ones on the OP's post aren't clickable. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Terreann View Post
    Anyone have a good Bear spec? It seems as if the ones on the OP's post aren't clickable. :3
    THe build is very weird since there are different style.

I am trying to think up about three different build and how they work for feral druid.

right now, it is 0/32/9.

Classes
    Threat

• Threat generation for all tanks has been increased to 500%, up from 300%. This applies to warriors in Defensive Stance, death knights in Blood Presence, druids in Bear Form, and paladins with Righteous Fury.
    • Vengeance should no longer be generated when damage is fully absorbed by damage shields. When the shield breaks from damage or damage is partially absorbed, the amount of Vengeance generated is equal to the full amount of damage taken (including the damage absorbed.)
    • More information can be found in our latest Dev Watercooler.

Soo what are you guys gonna do while being tabbed out while autoattacking? I think I'll just watch some series or perhaps make some dinner.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    stoopid tbh, if you suck with threat then get some fekkin hit n exp, that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    stoopid tbh, if you suck with threat then get some fekkin hit n exp, that is all.
    Especially since expertise is better than crit until soft cap for more savage defense procs...

Nice guide, but i can not see or open the talent specs for bear?

Its like they aint even there.

Deleted
    I've recently come back to beartanking and I was wondering what the threat change means for our gemming and enchanting. Do we still need that much agility, or should we seriously think about stacking dodge and stamina? Any other ideas on how this change effects us?