Thread: Enh tanks

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire MeleeSpriestDK's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Enh tanks

it's like thet thought about making enh shammys tanks but changed their minds. personally I think it would be cool to have like a magic type of tank rather than all brute armor big weps tanks but instead have some kinda magic tank using absorbs magic dmg stuff like that and the enhance shammy could be that with a lil change. plus we need a mail tank ne way. long as u can still be dps too because Enh dps is rlly fun.

Gamers never Die

Deleted
    Wasn't enha-shamans "wannabe"-offtanks in vanilla/TBC? You have point anyways, but I could only think tanks as massively armored (shield wearing actually) characters :P

Deleted
    This is getting so very old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Magic tank using absorbs magic dmg stuff....first thing that came to mind: DK
    No response from server

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped reading the OP's post after the 40th spelled wrong word and internetz slang terms

But yeah enhance shaman were tech off-tanks in vanilla....will they ever become another tank class

Signs point to no.
    My name is Legion, for we are many

Deleted
    No.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taronar View Post
    No.

/thread
    Yes.

\thread

Stood in the Fire MeleeSpriestDK's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Typed it on my iphone.. kept freezing up soz for grammar errors.

Gamers never Die

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how people (One person so far) mock the spelling.

Its not like we need you to point out the gramar mistakes for us.

OT: Would be very much nice ! However, doubt it will happen. Id like it though.
    AkA Companiet !
    #Wildstar2013

Shamans already have a taunt so why not?

So in the event there's a fight that is completely magic damage, you'd want to tank as a shaman? IDK, Blizzard gives certain classes a chance to shine as a tank...Warlocks vs. Illidan in Phase 4, for instance. No other fights come to mind currently, but they do allow for versatility in classes at some point. Any class using mail probably won't tank though, doesn't seem logical.

Also, make Elementals permanent pets that can equip items. Gogo Earth Elemental tank, taunt!11!!!.!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Companiet View Post

Nope, but if you want someone to take the post seriously and actually bother to read - then take your time and make sure you use paragraphs, dots, spelling etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Companiet View Post

ooo you didn't spell grammar right!!! /pointsfinger

OT:

I think it's stupid that they still have abilities to generate high threat and talents that sound tankish... Just replace them with actual good talents/abilities and get it over with. Next thing you know priests are gonna be tanking cuz they got BUBBLES to absorb the DAMAGES

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirse View Post
    Wasn't enha-shamans "wannabe"-offtanks in vanilla/TBC? You have point anyways, but I could only think tanks as massively armored (shield wearing actually) characters :P
    -Druids and Death Knights can't wear shields.
    -Druids wear leather and thus have very low base armor.
    -A shaman with a shield has higher base armor than a Death Knight wearing full plate.

Tanks that don't wear plate or a shield are here already, just accept it. With just a few talent changes, enhancement shamans would be viable tanks (but it would probably make them overpowered in pvp). Blizzard just isn't interested in the idea.

I was messing around with the Chardev, and found that with the appropriate talents and gear setup, a shaman could have ~170k health raid buffed, 45% physical Dr, 12% magical DR, 15% dodge and parry. On top of that, double Rockbiter would give us another 10% physical/magical DR for a total of 55% PDR and 22% MDR. With a shield that would give us 59% PDR and 17% MDR. With Stoneclaw totem glyph, 1 minute SR for 30% flat damage reduction for 15 seconds, and 15% increased healing taken, I imagine a hypothetical Enhancer could tank quite nicely...if only they had some form of crit suppression. To bad Rockbiter doesn't reduce our crit taken chance by 2.5 - 5% per enchant :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nightprowler View Post
    -Druids and Death Knights can't wear shields.
    -Druids wear leather and thus have very low base armor.
    -A shaman with a shield has higher base armor than a Death Knight wearing full plate.

Tanks that don't wear plate or a shield are here already, just accept it. With just a few talent changes, enhancement shamans would be viable tanks (but it would probably make them overpowered in pvp). Blizzard just isn't interested in the idea.
    It would take more than just a few talent changes to make them fully viable tanks. They would need most of the tools other tanks have, 20% melee speed reduction, 10% melee damage reduction, 2-3 damage cooldowns, and talents that play into avoidance/dmg reduction/armor. Then there would need to be a few things that play off of avoiding a hit or something, could be any number of mechanics that do that.

I don't dislike the idea, but there's a lot more work needed to pull it off than just move a few things around in the talent tree and voila!

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hothgor View Post
    I was messing around with the Chardev, and found that with the appropriate talents and gear setup, a shaman could have ~170k health raid buffed, 45% physical Dr, 12% magical DR, 15% dodge and parry. On top of that, double Rockbiter would give us another 10% physical/magical DR for a total of 55% PDR and 22% MDR. With a shield that would give us 59% PDR and 17% MDR. With Stoneclaw totem glyph, 1 minute SR for 30% flat damage reduction for 15 seconds, and 15% increased healing taken, I imagine a hypothetical Enhancer could tank quite nicely...if only they had some form of crit suppression. To bad Rockbiter doesn't reduce our crit taken chance by 2.5 - 5% per enchant :P
    How does one put on a shield and use two weapons with rockbiter at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m View Post
    It would take more than just a few talent changes to make them fully viable tanks. They would need most of the tools other tanks have, 20% melee speed reduction, 10% melee damage reduction, 2-3 damage cooldowns, and talents that play into avoidance/dmg reduction/armor. Then there would need to be a few things that play off of avoiding a hit or something, could be any number of mechanics that do that.

I don't dislike the idea, but there's a lot more work needed to pull it off than just move a few things around in the talent tree and voila!
    Well, it's actually 1 damage cooldown, and earthshock reduces attack speed by 20%, so you would just need to find someone with the 10% damage reduction and figure out a new cooldown or some such, and call it a day.

The main problem with enh tanks is the threat. You need to have hunters and rogues using MD and ToT religiously to even get close to what it needs to be. Not to say that shaman tanking hasn't been done, there's a video on youtube of one tanking ToC back when it was current content. Just going to be rather hard.

Quote Originally Posted by MeleeSpriestDK View Post
    it's like thet thought about making enh shammys tanks but changed their minds. personally I think it would be cool to have like a magic type of tank rather than all brute armor big weps tanks but instead have some kinda magic tank using absorbs magic dmg stuff like that and the enhance shammy could be that with a lil change.
    Isnt that called a DK? and im pretty sure blues said they wont make enhancement a tank

plus we need a mail tank ne way.
    why does there have to be a mail tank? all tanks are plate except druids but they have massive armor buffs in bear form