Thread: Soulburn GCD?

Soulburn GCD?

Hello warlock community!

A friend of mine, a warlock, and I were discussing certain pvp tactics when an issue popped up that left us with quite a heated debate.

If the lock uses any gcd inducing skill, and is thus on the gcd, he can still cast soulburn as it is off the gcd. But the warlock is fanatically convinced that soulburn takes the skills it can influence off the gcd as well.

like so: Skill A > gcd + soulburn + Skill B > Skill C

Obviously, I think that the spells gain their secondary effects but still have to wait for the first gcd to be over before use.

like so: Skill A > gcd + soulburn > Skill B > gcd > Skill C

As much as I'd like to think I'm right here, I can't be sure due to my inexperience at the art of warlocking.

Any help on this matter would be very appreciated.
    Last edited by Maritimus; 2011-03-14 at 11:29 PM.

Soulburn itself is off the GCD. The skills it affects still trigger it.

But does that mean that Skill B, under the influence of soulburn, still has to wait on A's gcd to finish, or will Skill B completely ignore A's gcd

correct, Skill A GCD will have to finish before you can cast Skill B, soulburn or no soulburn, no matter what.

Can easily be tested, take an instant spell as skill A, then make a macro /cast soulburn /cast Skill B, and hit the macro right after Skill A, and it'll say you can't do that yet.
    Last edited by sinisterwyvern; 2011-03-14 at 11:55 PM.