Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    You killed him, you did no gank him.

Ganking was once -and is still by many- to be the act where you keep killing the same player over and over again.
    Corpse-camping it is called these days, I believe. Still, killing a player once is not "ganking" in any way...
    I think you got "ganking" and "griefing" mixed up, there...

That being said, I've done this before, back in Wintergrasp. I play on a PvE server, so there aren't as many chances for it, but yeah... if you're standing there and fishing, and I'm feeling like screwing around, I'll drop on your ass and try to kill you. If you're a caster, you should be able to blow me away without your staff, or switch weapons. If you're melee, switch weapons.

Edit: Mis-read. They're wearing full Heroic raiding gear? That's their own problem, then. Too damned bad.
    Last edited by Bane Falcon; 2011-03-15 at 10:31 AM.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayr1fe View Post
    I like world PvP for the challenges it provides. Ganking ppl who are at a disadvantage isn't as fun, so I usually spare lowbies and even 85's who are undergeared. My favorite thing to do is to fly around on my 80 troll spriest twink and "/rdy" at level 85 alliance. The other day I went up to an 85 combat rogue in Uldum and did "/rdy". He switched specs, equipped a couple daggers, ate some food, and I allowed him to stealth and start his opener. About a min or so later, I'm at 10% and standing over a dead 85 rogue. That kind of stuff is far more rewarding than steamrolling lowbies or undergeared players.
    For me its a matter of '' Horde Pride ''. I kind of like to RP like that, i've got 6 85s all of them are Orcs.
    Putrefaction you've caused, No need for confession. Now you wish you had a god, To stop your demolition. Crushing the bones of the hundred folds, Swinging the judgement hammer. Man, woman, child no-one is safe The heads of the dead are the banner.

Like Ive said, I basically never attack red names anymore - but thats just because Ive gotten soft. I fully understand the ones that actually do.
    I of course retaliate if they do try to kill me tho.

I can honestly say that Ive never nerdraged over somebody that has killed me because it was "unfair". Ive just logged my main, killed the guy and put up a campfire and /sit. And maybe next time he sees my name, he wont try to kill me again.
    I mean THATS satisfying. Not the "mommy, that wasnt a fair fight" QQ.

Like I say in BGs, grow a f*kin' spine!

ninjaedit: Sometimes I do a /regret on a enemy getting ready to attack my lowbie-alt. And then come back to kill/camp him If he does try.
    Last edited by Talgmar; 2011-03-15 at 10:36 AM.

Deleted
    Sometimes I have to laugh if I get ganked. The reason for this is, that I could be the one whos ganking me all the time. And its fun!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it is red, it is dead.

This silliness of ganking with honor is just laughable. Someone posted if they are in fishing gear it is not fair. Someone posted ganking lowbies is not fair. Others claim corpse camping is not fair. Here comes the shocker, life in a world of WARcraft is not fair.

Make up all the cute rules you want, but I will gank anyone I see preferably before they see me. That is life on a PvP realm and teaches us all to be situationally aware, that is why players on a PvP realm are generally better in a raid situation. When a lowbie gets ganked, consider it training for when their toon grows up.

you did nothing wrong, in fact, he could of switched to his normal wep. changing weapons in combat is allowed, but he didnt, furthermore he decided to go and whine about this to you in whisper from a lvl 1 alt. imho he should be ganked more, looks like he forgot how it feels like.
    BETA CLUB

This again? Red equal dead. End of story. No fluffy bunnys. No quarter.

in TB especially, I will gank and camp until i get bored. Don't like it, reroll or go cry to your moms.

I will gank someone with mobs on them.

I will gank someone with 10% health.

I will gank regardless of 'reds' situation.

cope

1. Ganking 382 up, 49 down
    It is a word commonly used in online video games, usualy used in an MMORPG. Ganking is the process in which a group of charecters gang up on one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves, Or when one high level player does the same action to a player way below his or her own level
    ROFL guys I was just Ganking these level 20 Horde players

He is just very mad.

He should probably deal with it.

In all seriousness, if he wasnt expecting that, he's an idiot.

Its a PvP server...

go get the addon that blocks whispers from characters under a certain lvl (you can set the lvl yourself, like -10 or -1). you'll have no problem with it anymore and you can go on with your daily killing

10+ Year Old Account
    even on a PvP server:
    1. killing low-level players is lame
    2. corpsecamping is lame
    3. ganking some1 who is in the middle of battling mobs is lame

if you do one or more of these actions, you are a coward, and too scared to face the opposing player in a fair fight

then again, most rogues are cowards
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Most gankers do so because they arent good enough to fight fair fights. They always need to find that little advantage. Like the person wearing fishing equipment and cant fight back or low lvls that cant hit you what so ever..

It isnt skill killing lvl 60 players in outlands when you are 85 in arena gear

Players then reflects this fact over to "its fun" well then sir. You need to get your head checked.

But i guess its the same players who run around in fps games with godmode and noclip on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madd77 View Post
    This again? Red equal dead. End of story. No fluffy bunnys. No quarter.

in TB especially, I will gank and camp until i get bored. Don't like it, reroll or go cry to your moms.

I will gank someone with mobs on them.

I will gank someone with 10% health.

I will gank regardless of 'reds' situation.

cope
    you're a coward and this probably reflects on your life as well

Tbh, as alliance (and horde as well) , if I see a level 40 horde almost getting killed by mobs, I taunt a few of him, especially if he's not wearing heirlooms.
    The poor thing is just leveling, and is prolly still a noob.

Once again, I think it's kinda lame that full-blown pvp'ers have to get their kicks out of killing newbies/lowlvls/unsuspecting questing people (who are most of times allready handling mobs and such)
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Quote Originally Posted by Palaplu View Post
    even on a PvP server:
    1. killing low-level players is lame
    2. corpsecamping is lame
    3. ganking some1 who is in the middle of battling mobs is lame

if you do one or more of these actions, you are a coward, and too scared to face the opposing player in a fair fight

then again, most rogues are cowards
    If you see an enemy in battle in Iraq, do you wait for him to finish before you shoot him? I think not. In war you kill the opposing faction on site, no questions asked. Fair fights are for arena and battlegrounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    If you see an enemy in battle in Iraq, do you wait for him to finish before you shoot him? I think not. In war you kill the opposing faction on site, no questions asked. Fair fights are for arena and battlegrounds.
    This person we are speaking of is not posing as an enemy, has not made any intentions to attack you in any way, and is not wearing a gun (weapon in wow), but a fishing pole.

So if you rly want to make the silly comparison:
    Ganking some1 who is questing etc. is the same like shooting a helpless civilian working in his rice-field.

??? what is wrong with you people? Youre all soft =/
    ganking lowbies is awesome. want to know why? because it makes them SO mad. so mad they bitch about it on online forums.
    Thats why I gank, Because I know how much it pisses people off, not because i'm a coward, I still do 85 pvp, but I also enjoy ruining someones questing for the hour.

you all know the frustrations that is leveling on a pvp server, no holds barred, no sympathy. I thought this was world of WARcraft. not world of respectcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    The RPPvP side of me agrees with you, but the PvE server side of me does not. After all, this isn't Iraq, it is a video game.

That said, your thoughts would definitely fly on an RPPvP server and I wholeheartedly support them myself. You are red and that means you are dead. However, you don't shoot children in Iraq. I don't shoot level 40s on my hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Palaplu View Post
    This person we are speaking of is not posing as an enemy, has not made any intentions to attack you in any way, and is not wearing a gun (weapon in wow), but a fishing pole.

Ganking some1 who is questing etc. is the same like shooting a helpless civilian working in his rice-field.
    He made his intentions of attacking you by being level 85 and flagged. Your logic does not apply: he is armed everywhere but his weapon. A better scenario would be that he is, indeed, a soldier, but one that is not holding his gun. He could very easily pick it up, and being off guard is his fault, not yours.
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2011-03-15 at 11:04 AM.

Well hey. Sometimes I'd let a random level 30 or so run by through STV on my way to Karazhan back in the day, and sometimes I'd kill him. That is the beauty of a PvP server, the added element of always watching your back and always wondering what will happen. I thought that was the reason people play PvP, to...you know...fight and die against other players in multiple fashions. When joining a PvP server if you're unaware of the things that will happen to you, well...sorry

This thread isn't about ganking lowbies, or things on PvE servers. The guy is on a PvP server, and the factions are at war. You are clearly in enemy "uniform" and are clearly a soldier. He is also max level (he's in Tol Barad). In war you would kill a clearly marked enemy soldier regardless of what they might be doing, including gathering food or chilling by a camp fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, its more like killing a young cadet training to be able to kill you some day. I Don't prey on low levels though, unless i'm on an alt thats a similar level.
    Putrefaction you've caused, No need for confession. Now you wish you had a god, To stop your demolition. Crushing the bones of the hundred folds, Swinging the judgement hammer. Man, woman, child no-one is safe The heads of the dead are the banner.