Unleash elements as elemental?

I'm getting a lot of mixed messages about this ability. I've got people on one side of me saying I need to use it before every lava burst when it's off CD, or that you need to use it before flame shock to improve it's overall damage...

What are your thoughts about this spell? is it a waste of a GCD for an elemental shaman? What about as restoration? Its it worth it when you are trying to eek out every bit of healing per point of mana?

The only real time to use it is during periods of movement. If you are stationary it isn't worth casting it at all.

Deleted
    As resto, I use it before a chain heal or when I need a very big heal with GHW. With the UE buff and mastery you can throw out sick heals as resto with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ontirektum View Post
    As resto, I use it before a chain heal or when I need a very big heal with GHW. With the UE buff and mastery you can throw out sick heals as resto with it.
    There was a UE buff? I only started leveling my shaman a month ago. I'm still a little behind on the times.

i belive as elemental you can use in stationary dps if you can put it in the right time, flame shock with really short duration left> Unleash weapon lava burst + flame shock so unleash weapon benefits both, otherwise its really only to be used to cast something while on the move

10+ Year Old Account
    Check the FAQ. I deal with this particular issue specifically.