Thread: [TV] Survivor

15+ Year Old Account

[TV] Survivor

It's kinda one of my guilty pleasures. Normally I don't care much for reality TV or any network TV in general, but I was wondering if there are still people out there that watch and enjoy Survivor (American version).

I've been watching old seasons on youtube and keeping up with the current season. I still really like the show. Any thoughts on the current season?

[TV] SURVIVOR!!! Who's gonna win?

My money is on Matt, assuming he makes it back from redemption Island, and wins immunity in the last challenge. All of the jury hates Rob, and most of the remaining players!

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope Rob wins. I doubt he will. He blew it last Wednesday by voting out Grant. Still looking forward to seeing the ending of a ho-hum season.

I "kind" of hope Rob does win too, but he blew it way before last Wednesday. He blew it by voting out the entire other tribe so harshly. Where does he expect to get his votes from? He thinks Phillip being in the top 3 with him, but most people will see through his plan.

I hope Rob wins. He has had a masterful control of everyone since Day One. He really deserves the win. It wouldnt surprise me if Natalie won though. We have seen (perhaps too often) the cute, nice little girl who never pissed anyone off, win the whole thing. Should be a good finale.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    I "kind" of hope Rob does win too, but he blew it way before last Wednesday. He blew it by voting out the entire other tribe so harshly. Where does he expect to get his votes from? He thinks Phillip being in the top 3 with him, but most people will see through his plan.
    Phillip is awesome. I think hes really putting on an act. If that's true hes genius.

---------- Post added 2011-05-15 at 09:26 PM ----------

Well, 3 left. totally on Robs side atm

Yea. I was a little sad to see Matt go, like I said before, had he made it to the top 3, he was the winner before the votes were counted.

Phillip truly is an insane bastard, it's no act from what I can see. Natalie pissed too many people off with her ass kissing to win.

This is only the 2nd season I watched (1st being last season), but it doesn't take a genius to come to the conclusion that Rob mind-fucked everyone this season. He should win!

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya I'm just so pleased with the results for this season. Rob really deserved it. He dominated the game from day 1. No one can dispute it.

So having not watched this season (and I only know Rob time he was on and I couldn't stand him) some crazy stuff must have happened this season that he ended up winning

Also, I was curious... the chick did not get single vote at all. What on earth did she do to piss the jury off? (I only saw the reading of the votes, my fiance was not willing to deal with more than that ><).

15+ Year Old Account
    Going to boost this thread. This weeks Survivor was so damn good.

Brandon giving up immunity and getting voted out. LOL worst move ever. Still, he'll figure it was some sort of righteous move.. Really damn good season to watch.

Guess no one else watches it Fuzzie.

I didn't watch the first season because I thought "why would I want to watch a bunch of people run around an island" but I've watched from season 2 on up to this season. I watched the first few weeks but there were just too many idiots on this season. I may give it a shot next season. I've already heard some rumors about it which are some-what interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Guess no one else watches it Fuzzie.

I didn't watch the first season because I thought "why would I want to watch a bunch of people run around an island" but I've watched from season 2 on up to this season. I watched the first few weeks but there were just too many idiots on this season. I may give it a shot next season. I've already heard some rumors about it which are some-what interesting.
    This has actually been one of the better seasons in my opinion. The last bunch were really bad. Hopefully they get rid of this redemption business though. Seems like a huge waste of time.

In between Coach, Brandon, Cochrane among others they were annoying to me. Even Ozzy who I liked in his first season I couldn't stand anymore.

One of the rumors is there will be no redemption island next season even though they didn't show that in the video last night. From what I remember reading a lot of the international "Survivors" used it and so they decided to use it. I think the worse part is it changed the elimination from the end of the show to the beginning so the rest of the show wasn't as exciting. And as they have shown you put one really good guy on there they steamroll over everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only watched a couple episodes, but I was horribly disappointed when they voted Ozzy off. A big reason why I don't watch that show very much is because it rips my heart out to see someone who does have what it takes to actually survive in a situation like that lose to some lazy, snotty bitch like Sophie. Hell, Sophie may have even been voted off instead of Rick (I think that was his name) if she didn't pull the tears card... which Jeff supported by allowing her to continue to cry and plead for like 2 mins more than he let anyone else talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    I only watched a couple episodes, but I was horribly disappointed when they voted Ozzy off. A big reason why I don't watch that show very much is because it rips my heart out to see someone who does have what it takes to actually survive in a situation like that lose to some lazy, snotty bitch like Sophie. Hell, Sophie may have even been voted off instead of Rick (I think that was his name) if she didn't pull the tears card... which Jeff supported by allowing her to continue to cry and plead for like 2 mins more than he let anyone else talk.
    And then immediately pointed out how detrimental her break down could be. Him even pointing that out can be as influential, if not more, as giving her more talk time.

But yeah I'm sick of seeing people like Sophie win. She by no means played the better game. The whole jury thing is a bunch of bitter asses who are angry that they were manipulated in a game that's 100% about manipulation. Of course Coach was going to have to stab SOMEONE in the back. You cant take 10 people to the final 3.

Coach played the best over all game by far. He was sitting in the final 4 and no one was even CONSIDERING voting for him. That says a lot for his game. To be fair though he did a poor job at the final tribal, and any idiot would've seen his odds were far better with Rick/Albert than with Sophie. And lol @ Albert's delusional opinion on his game play. Not a single vote.
    Last edited by achaeon; 2011-12-19 at 07:47 PM.

I don't like Redemption Island. It takes away from the social game. I prefer seeing a separate Reward and Immunity challenge.
    Also, stop with the fucking puzzles; they need to mix it up again instead of 70% puzzles 20% balancing and 10% endurance.

I wish Cochran never flipped, it would have been more exciting to see Ozzy's tribe backstab each other and play a strategic game than this "Jesus doesn't want us to lie" crap. Nothing against religion, but I'm getting sick of watching people pray every episode on this show during the last two seasons. It's a *game* for a million dollars, in which you sign up for deceit, not a Church of the wild.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2011-12-19 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I don't like Redemption Island. It takes away from the social game. I prefer seeing a separate Reward and Immunity challenge.
    Also, stop with the fucking puzzles; they need to mix it up again instead of 70% puzzles 20% balancing and 10% endurance.
    The thing I don't like about redemption island is it took away a lot from the game. No more two challenge episodes with a reward/immunity challenge. I don't like the single all-in-one challenge, I want to see the players participating in more challenges, not the guy who got voted out.

Quote Originally Posted by achaeon View Post
    The thing I don't like about redemption island is it took away a lot from the game. No more two challenge episodes with a reward/immunity challenge. I don't like the single all-in-one challenge, I want to see the players participating in more challenges, not the guy who got voted out.
    I thought I said pretty much the same thing.

Also, one thing I hate about Survivor is that final jury. They almost never vote for the player who played most strategically. It's always about "who hurt my feelings less than other people." Idiots (pretty much everyone from Russel's first two seasons, yes I'm including All Stars) who have been on the jury in Survivor need to watch a season of Big Brother. They seem to be able to (usually) vote for the person that played the best game. Other than that part I prefer Survivor though.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2011-12-19 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I thought I said pretty much the same thing.

Also, one thing I hate about Survivor is that final jury. They almost never vote for the player who played most strategically. It's always about "who hurt my feelings less than other people." Idiots (pretty much everyone from Russel's first two seasons, yes I'm including All Stars) who have been on the jury in Survivor need to watch a season of Big Brother. They seem to be able to (usually) vote for the person that played the best game. Other than that part I prefer Survivor though.
    Exactly. Who can honestly say Sophie played the best game? The assertion would just be ridiculous. The fact that coach was able to coast those last several tribals without even worrying is very telling considering they all wanted to get rid of him earlier and he SHOULD have been a prime target that no one went after. Totally snowed everyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it was me, I probably would have given it to Coach, although I can see exactly why Sophie won.

The biggest mistake people keep making in this game is revealing their real reasons for coming. Honor or integrity or some sort of redemption. Bullshit. You're there for a million dollars. If thats your reason for going then for one thing STOP TELLING EVERYONE! Telling everyone over and over again that you're going to be honourable is only setting yourself up to be far more hated in the end. I would rather be voted out plain and simple rather than have someone earn my trust and then betray it because that's the point of the game.

So glad there won't be redemption next season. Horrible experiment. It was bad last year, it was bad this year. If you're voted out you should be gone. No more of this monkeying around for half an episode with people who lost the game.