Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViND_ View Post
    This subforum is about threads regarding computers. He's asking you what you think of it.
    If he wanted to know what we think, he would've asked if he should in fact buy it. Now he is just showing off.

Get a bigger screen and tell us about how much you payed for it. Else we can't really know if it's okay, cause if you payed 5000 euros for it, then you definitely didn't make a good choice.
    Last edited by Vordie; 2011-03-15 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lustinus View Post
    If he wanted to know what we think, he would've asked if he should in fact buy it. Now he is just showing off.

Get a bigger screen.
    I've already changed my order based on responses to this thread. It's not showing off, i asked what people thought of it. It's a big decision and asking people for advice seemed like a good idea before making such a huge investment in my future
    Q. Why are there so few female politicians?
    A. Because it takes too long to makeup on two faces

Quote Originally Posted by doompony View Post
    Looks like shit for wow, even my laptop would do it better :S
    post your system
    Krimson states...
    Clearly the correct play here is to drop acid everyday.
    Just because you can't easily overdose on acid doesn't mean that dropping 50 hits in a night won't turn you into a drooling retard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skvadrin View Post
    I've already changed my order based on responses to this thread. It's not showing off, i asked what people thought of it. It's a big decision and asking people for advice seemed like a good idea before making such a huge investment in my future
    Don't quote me. I'll find you and KICK UR ASS! (That was a joke, might not've been a GOOD one but it's still a joke!)

My question still stands. Price?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you need an i7, then by all means, get one. I don't have one because I don't need one, simple as that. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The total price was right at $2,000 or €1,428.572 for you fancy people

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skvadrin View Post
    The total price was right at $2,000 or €1,428.572 for you fancy people
    It's okay then. Could always be improved but it requires some research and knowledge of PCs.

i can guarantee you it's better than what I have right now though. My comp has 1.5gb of ram, i'm going from that to 12

You dont need more then like... 4 ... mabye 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpoof View Post
    I'm wrong? Well, if you are so sure, then why are you on this forum asking for opinions?

I didn't mean literally "runs on way higher inch measurement", I meant merely that if you are going to watch HD movies, you might want to prefer to watch them through a HDMI on a TV or something, because on that of a small screen, you'd barely notice the difference between 720p and 1080p with your eyes if you weren't looking for it.

Like Elgand said, if you'd be going for gaming, this isn't your best choice. 5200 RPM is still very slow, and 12 GB won't help you besides emptying your pocket and not running on full potential with the different RAM modules.

Yes, the GTX 460m is indeed the same, but I was merely pointing that if you really are going to play games alot on it, a 470 would do much better, or even a 480. The 460 is itself a good card though, so no real points there. It's just the RAM, HD and the CPU that worries me.
    How does the newest gen. i7 worry you? That makes no sense. It has hyperthreading, which has no use for gaming, but otherwise it would play as well as an i5 2500k would.

---------- Post added 2011-03-15 at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    You dont need more then like... 4 ... mabye 6.
    4, or 8. 12 is overkill unless you've got programs you're actually gonna use all 12 of that for. 6 makes no sense, as I'm pretty sure the new i7s aren't tri-channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I would never go with a 17 inch laptop because of the sheer size. Heck I might move down from 15" to 13" next time I need to upgrade my laptop if I can find a good looking one with a decent mid-end GPU.

But spec-wise it's a beast. Don't know what people are smoking when saying otherwise. Agreed it's a lot of ram but that's not "bad". GPU might not beat desktop graphics card but this is a laptop within sane price limits so of course you can't expect it to.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    If you need an i7, then by all means, get one. I don't have one because I don't need one, simple as that. :P
    Well for games as stated in other topics the i5 2500k and i7's there really isn't a notable difference I think the only advantage of the i7 series is the hyperthreading yes?

i got the 12 because I plan on keeping this for a very long time and I want it to be able to keep up with games down the road that will need it