Nah, GRRM will keep Tyrion alive until like halfway through the last book. But he'll definitely die just for shock value.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I still reckon he's going to be either on the throne, or the advisor to whoever IS on the throne by the end , he'll also be the only surviving Lannister... because... well... fuck those guys
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Don't get too jelly, gonna start watching this from the start this weekend. I've heard nothing but good things about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Nah, GRRM will keep Tyrion alive until like halfway through the last book. But he'll definitely die just for shock value.
    Nah. He won't. Tyrion is the only one with a moral compass of any kind. If he does die it'll be at the very very end.

Deleted
    Read a newly published interview today about the siege of Blackwater with some interesting tidbits. There will be another blackwater-esque fight at the end of Season 4, even bigger and more expensive. This is probably The attack at castle black and another thing that I find quite huge. Was a little between the lines, but GRR martin told he had finished half of book 6 so far thus a release might be soon. (as in 2014)

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/movi...e-oral-history

Dunno if anyone has seen this yet, but:

Short bit about the guy who animates the history/lore sections on the Blu Ray boxes. . .and one of the twenty-one new history/lore shorts!

Why is March so far away?!?

Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    omg that video is eeppiicc

first thoughts.... Tyrion's scar looks pretty badass okay they've not removed his nose... but did we really expect them to? No, not really

Then we have to swap to black text, just to be safe
    Feel kinda bad hearing the actor that plays Robb talk about how much he loves working there... know this is more than likely his last season I know he's a friend but I kinda wish Kit Harrington was Robb, so he could fuck off now, and the guy playing Robb was Jon, so that he'd be around for a few more seasons.

Is that the rrreeeeeeeeeeds at 0:37? Looks like Jojen on the horse and Meera walking along, with Osha in the backround I LOVE the actress playing Meera, she was amazing in Being Human can't wait to see her in this.

at 0:50... was that... is that? FUCK YES! it's Beric Dondarion Vs The Hound can't WAIT for that fight, was one of my favourite in the books, also means that we'll get at least a bit of the Hound and Arya's journey, yay!

omg can't WWAAIITT

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Aye, IIRC the goal for DwD was ~2009 , as far as I know he's NEVER met a deadline, but when you write books as epic as aSoIaF, you can take however fucking long you like.

I just hope he doesn't speed up JUST so he can stay ahead of the TV show.. I'd rather they just stopped the show for a while than he produce lesser books just to keep HBO happy.
    I believe hes not in the best health so him finishing the books before he dies is of concern to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfrosty View Post
    I believe hes not in the best health so him finishing the books before he dies is of concern to me.

I read somewhere that he informed another author of his overall story just incase

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    I read somewhere that he informed another author of his overall story just incase
    He told the GoT creators what the ending is (or at least some very conclusive details about it), but he's also gone on record saying that all of his notes will be burned if he dies before finishing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    He told the GoT creators what the ending is (or at least some very conclusive details about it), but he's also gone on record saying that all of his notes will be burned if he dies before finishing.
    Whaa -

Why?

o_O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Whaa -

Why?

o_O
    Posthumous trolling. The most hardcore kind of trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fucking good. I would rather the series just ends in mystery (although god that would suck) rather than have his family release posthumous books based on notes or incomplete manuscripts. That is always the worst, just look at the crap Michael Chricton's family put out after his death based on the manuscripts and notes he left behind. His family released one book that was "finished" but hadn't had a final run through by the author ever to improve the novel and another book that was literally notes and about a third of a manuscript which is abysmal. Moral of the story is George finish the stuff before you die please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say.... I would ALMOST respect that. Kind of a "If I can't do it EXACTLY how I want, then fuck y'all no ones finding out the ending"

of course I would still tear my fucking hair out.....

If he did that then he would be my most beloved and hated author of all time.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Fucking good. I would rather the series just ends in mystery (although god that would suck) rather than have his family release posthumous books based on notes or incomplete manuscripts. That is always the worst, just look at the crap Michael Chricton's family put out after his death based on the manuscripts and notes he left behind. His family released one book that was "finished" but hadn't had a final run through by the author ever to improve the novel and another book that was literally notes and about a third of a manuscript which is abysmal. Moral of the story is George finish the stuff before you die please.
    The Wheel of Time series had a worthy continuation after Robert Jordan's death. GRRM just needs to get close and talk to another author that he thinks would be good enough to carry the ASOIAF torch.

I wonder how many of the actors have read the books to find out the destiny of their characters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Game of Thrones received zero nominations for Golden Globes. Zero. The year after wining best supporting actor and being nominated for best drama, it doesn't even merit a single nomination. What the hell?

Fucking Newsroom got nominated over Game of Thrones. But then again Mad Men didn't get nominated either, outside of Hamm for Best Actor (wtf no nom for Pare?). So who knows. I can understand Breaking Bad and Homeland. I can see Downton getting a nom. But to add Newsroom and Boardwalk Empire over GoT and Mad Men is just retarded.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-12-13 at 10:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Myeh I gave up on award ceremonies when Sherlock was beaten to 'best show' by the Only Way is Essex.

Since then nothing has surprised me.