Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I'll believe that when I see it. Until then my Facebook account will continue to be deactivated. Why can't they make a good Game of Thrones game that isn't a mediocre RTS, an RPG with an amazing story but some of the worst execution in a big title RPG in years (with graphics to match), or a Facebook app?
    Is the RPG even out yet? Also, there was some Game of Thrones mod to a game that was praised on Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/5913709/there-is-a...ium=socialflow

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Having read the first three books, I'm not a giant fan of Stannis. Also, leading from the van like a true king should? HAH! Fantasy much? (Well, it is fantasy, but eh). No king would ever lead from the van in real life.
    King Charles XII(17 June 1682 – 30 November 1718) of Sweden did, 20 years of constant war ... then a norweigan shot him in the head =(

The battle of Poltova against the russians was the most epic, as he had been shot in the foot during an earlier battle and was incapable of riding so they fastened a stretcher between two horses instead rofl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_XII_of_Sweden
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

15+ Year Old Account
    Is the RPG even out yet? Also, there was some Game of Thrones mod to a game that was praised on Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/5913709/there-is-a...ium=socialflow
    Ya it is out, but it launched same day as Diablo 3 so it got swept under the rug, deservedly so from every review I have seen. It has right around a 50 critic score on Metacritic with all of one positive review at a 75 lol. It apparently has an absolutely amazing story, as expected, but the gameplay, horrible programming, and dated graphics just brutalize your will to play it. Sadly all that was pretty expected from Cyanide.

Thanks for the link. I remember reading about CK2 on Kotaku a while ago. Just bought it on Amazon for $10 to try out.

gotta say i was disappointed in that battle. was expecting it to be more "epic". although i love the dwarfs speech to get the people to fight again. i hope the last episode will be better
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    gotta say i was disappointed in that battle. was expecting it to be more "epic". although i love the dwarfs speech to get the people to fight again. i hope the last episode will be better
    What the heck do you expect from TV? Must be some crazy budget-series you watch.

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 05:53 PM ----------

Ya it is out, but it launched same day as Diablo 3 so it got swept under the rug, deservedly so from every review I have seen. It has right around a 50 critic score on Metacritic with all of one positive review at a 75 lol. It apparently has an absolutely amazing story, as expected, but the gameplay, horrible programming, and dated graphics just brutalize your will to play it. Sadly all that was pretty expected from Cyanide.

Thanks for the link. I remember reading about CK2 on Kotaku a while ago. Just bought it on Amazon for $10 to try out.
    Was about to buy the game through Amazon for the $10 too. 75% cheaper, hooray!

And then they tell me I have to be an US customer. AAAAARH!

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever take anything on Metacritic seriously.

But yeah, it's supposedly bad in every way aside from the story, which is supposedly quite good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    Uhm, what did you expect? This is a TV show, not a movie. They did the best they could with the resources available.

15+ Year Old Account
    Having read the first three books, I'm not a giant fan of Stannis. Also, leading from the van like a true king should? HAH! Fantasy much? (Well, it is fantasy, but eh). No king would ever lead from the van in real life.

Also, Season 3 will first air next year, or what? Some people says it will air in September or so.
    As far as I know it is airing in 2013. The rumor was that they would shoot season 3 and four back to back and do the Matrix style release of one in spring one in fall. They haven't even made any official casting decisions yet, nor are there any leaked confirmations of people outside of them auditioning, so it is really unlikely it will be cast and shot in the next three months to have it on the air in September.

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 01:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Never, ever, ever, ever, ever take anything on Metacritic seriously.

But yeah, it's supposedly bad in every way aside from the story, which is supposedly quite good.
    I'll give the critic scores a grain of salt since, usually, they come from legitimate companies. User scores though are always rampant with trolls and white knights so you can't take them seriously at all. I can't wait until it goes on sale at Steam for like $5 in the Christmas sale or sooner depending on how truly awful it is. I'll force myself to sit through the terribleness of the game for the great story as long as ti doesn't cost me $30-60 lol.

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 01:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nakha View Post
    Uhm, what did you expect? This is a TV show, not a movie. They did the best they could with the resources available.
    Even so I thought it was arguably the best huge set piece and big event episode of any show I have seen. The battle scenes were realistic and had a decent scale to them. The naval scenes were incredibly well done and actually appeared to be legitimate ships. And the explosion and subsequent scenes were amazing. A whole hell of a lot more impressive than most television shows that take place in 3-5 rooms (Mad Men) or one farm for the entire season. You can only do so much on a television budget, especially on a show like GoT with a massive cast and enormous set pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Reeds and Blackfish are in! Among others. =)

Some of the new cast for next season:

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/05/ew...-is-blackfish/

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Yay Meera! <3

Psyched to see who they cast for Tormund and Thoros.

Guys, it says right in the title : "No Spoilers". The hell with the family names ? Come on now.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Guys, it says right in the title : "No Spoilers". The hell with the family names ? Come on now.
    not a spoiler if it doesn't tell you anything.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Stannis: I've been saying it for a while now, this dude NEEDS to be king, leading from the van like a true king should, and taking out hordes of defenders while he's there, first up the siege ladders, last off the battlements, and not a red witch in sight.
    I agree. I thought this guy was a tool hiding behind the fire lady but he really proved he's a true leader and king. I have never seen a prominent character take the front lines like that but this guy was leading the charge almost the entire time, even after everyone else was running away. I coulda sworn in the books the fire lady is with the fleet and moves the wildfire away or something but glad they didn't add her.....it allowed Stannis to really show his mettle. I hope they keep him alive and don't off him or lock him in a dungeon and not come back to him further in the series.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    I agree. I thought this guy was a tool hiding behind the fire lady but he really proved he's a true leader and king. I have never seen a prominent character take the front lines like that but this guy was leading the charge almost the entire time, even after everyone else was running away. I coulda sworn in the books the fire lady is with the fleet and moves the wildfire away or something but glad they didn't add her.....it allowed Stannis to really show his mettle. I hope they keep him alive and don't off him or lock him in a dungeon and not come back to him further in the series.
    Nah, Melisandre had nothing to do with the battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably why Stan lost. Joff was just as undefended as Renly...

EDIT : Ninjaed

Hey everyone its confirmed, the Reed brothers will be in season 3. !!!!! fuck yeah !

These are some of the names confirmed for season 3, and there will be more to come.

Mance Rayder
    Daario Naharis
    Jojen Reed e Meera Reed
    Edmure Tully
    Ser Brynden Tully
    Lady Selyse Florent
    Shireen
    Olenna Redwyne
    Beric Dondarrion
    Thoros of Myr
    Tormund Giantsbane
    Last edited by Wartide_ysera; 2012-05-29 at 10:45 PM.

Still no Patchface

The crow, the crow! Under the sea the crows are white as snow, I know, I know, oh, oh, oh!

I thought it was the reed kids that got strung up by theon greyjoy in season 2 episode ~7?

No, those were the orphan boys that Bran sent to work at the farm earlier on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I thought it was the reed kids that got strung up by theon greyjoy in season 2 episode ~7?
    The Reeds are the Crannogmen(swamp people) kids that were the children of an old friend of Ned Stark, who may or may not know the circumstances of Lyanna's death. They are the ones who teach Brann about his green dreams and his wargness.

Glad they are implementing the Reeds which means there is a real chance that Osha and Rickon will split off as they do in the book which will avoid later conflicts. Anyone else really hope that Maggie Smith plays the Queen of Thorns? She is just super on Downton Abbey. She is such an obvious choice though. As long as they can get someone who is a real sharp witted bitch it will be great.

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 08:07 PM ----------

Well with Blizzard being a complete bellend with Diablo 3 (again)I'm about to try out that Game of Thrones mod for CK2, assuming I can catch on to Ck2 pretty quick as it seems like a real complex and amazing game. Anything where the FAQ on their site ends in:
    Hodor?
    Hodor.
    Has to be amazing right?

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 08:50 PM ----------

Okay this game might be the single most complex video game I have ever, ever, ever seen. Way too much work to figure out in one day. The Game of Thrones mod for it is beyond amazing though. Essentially it gives you all of Westeros to play with during the War against Aerys the Mad. You can play literally any major house and even as lesser lords in those houses and it is ridiculously accurate. My first game I started as playing House Martell of Dorne. Like every single name and area is right form the books and wikis. You can ship Arianne off to be educated by an ally if you want. The game is like Civ 5 but Civ 5 if it also forced you to take college calculus. Crazy complex, but crazy amazing. Now I just need to find a convertor to make the GoT soundtrack into the same file as the game so it plays nothing but that music instead of the games.