10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Anyone else really hope that Maggie Smith plays the Queen of Thorns?
    I cannot express in human words how much this would rock I always kinda pictured Maggie Smith when I read the books, then when I watched Downton it was a bit 'Hey... what's the queen of thorns doing in old england?'

I'm glad they're casting the Reeds, they COULD do without them, but they COULD rename the show 'Westerosi shore' doesn't mean the SHOULD

Beric and Thoros: awesome, this gives me great hope for a storyline I thought they might cut/trim down for next season, also one of the best duels in Westeros history is now looking to be on the cards

Tormund: best. wildling. EVER.

Overall season 3 is looking to be as good as season 2 just a shame we'll need to wait like 6 months for it to start
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Wartide_ysera View Post
    EDIT : Ninjaed

Hey everyone its confirmed, the Reed brothers will be in season 3. !!!!! fuck yeah !

These are some of the names confirmed for season 3, and there will be more to come.

Mance Rayder
    Daario Naharis
    Jojen Reed e Meera Reed
    Edmure Tully
    Ser Brynden Tully
    Lady Selyse Florent
    Shireen
    Olenna Redwyne
    Beric Dondarrion
    Thoros of Myr
    Tormund Giantsbane
    One of the Reed's is a girl btw so they aint brothers :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Westeros.org's "little birds" confirmed that Ramsay Snow is indeed being cast too.

Heh. Heh heh heh heh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The Reeds are the Crannogmen(swamp people) kids that were the children of an old friend of Ned Stark, who may or may not know the circumstances of Lyanna's death. They are the ones who teach Brann about his green dreams and his wargness.

Glad they are implementing the Reeds which means there is a real chance that Osha and Rickon will split off as they do in the book which will avoid later conflicts. Anyone else really hope that Maggie Smith plays the Queen of Thorns? She is just super on Downton Abbey. She is such an obvious choice though. As long as they can get someone who is a real sharp witted bitch it will be great.

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 08:07 PM ----------

Well with Blizzard being a complete bellend with Diablo 3 (again)I'm about to try out that Game of Thrones mod for CK2, assuming I can catch on to Ck2 pretty quick as it seems like a real complex and amazing game. Anything where the FAQ on their site ends in:
    Hodor?
    Hodor.
    Has to be amazing right?

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 08:50 PM ----------

Okay this game might be the single most complex video game I have ever, ever, ever seen. Way too much work to figure out in one day. The Game of Thrones mod for it is beyond amazing though. Essentially it gives you all of Westeros to play with during the War against Aerys the Mad. You can play literally any major house and even as lesser lords in those houses and it is ridiculously accurate. My first game I started as playing House Martell of Dorne. Like every single name and area is right form the books and wikis. You can ship Arianne off to be educated by an ally if you want. The game is like Civ 5 but Civ 5 if it also forced you to take college calculus. Crazy complex, but crazy amazing. Now I just need to find a convertor to make the GoT soundtrack into the same file as the game so it plays nothing but that music instead of the games.
    So the GoT mod on Crusader Kings 2 is released? I had the Crusader Kings Westeros Mod but Crusader Kings hates all of my PCs and kept crashing. (Plus, that mod only came with two settings: Pre-Rebellion Westeros and Post Storm of Swords, I wanted beginning of Clash of Kings and/or beginning of Storm of Swords).

I also had the Westeros Mod for Medieval, and while that was okay, kinda, didn't work well with the universe.
    Last edited by mmoce69e574eb3; 2012-05-30 at 02:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    So the GoT mod on Crusader Kings 2 is released? I had the Crusader Kings Westeros Mod but Crusader Kings hates all of my PCs and kept crashing. (Plus, that mod only came with two settings: Pre-Rebellion Westeros and Post Storm of Swords, I wanted beginning of Clash of Kings and/or beginning of Storm of Swords).

I also had the Westeros Mod for Medieval, and while that was okay, kinda, didn't work well with the universe.
    Ya you can get the beta version here: http://citadel.prophpbb.com/topic520.html
    Worked perfectly well. Only the one scenario available right now but it says they are planning to add more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Apparently Westeros.org's "little birds" confirmed that Ramsay Snow is indeed being cast too.

Heh. Heh heh heh heh.
    Thank god hes being cast for S3. I'm still sad however that it appears we won't be getting a Vargo "The Goat" Hoat.

Srs? Who's gonna order Jaime's hand cut off? And who's gonna force Brienne to fight a bear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't worry; Vargo is in too: http://winteriscoming.net/2012/05/ca...s-in-progress/

I don't think they're going for the lisp though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Wouldn't worry; Vargo is in too: http://winteriscoming.net/2012/05/ca...s-in-progress/

I don't think they're going for the lisp though.
    Why not? =/ Being able to do a convincing lisp should what gets people the part!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? =/ Being able to do a convincing lisp should what gets people the part!
    aah but the problem as I see it, is if they make the list even 1/2 as severe as it is in the books, the run the risk of making him too comical a character.

I mean come one.... Kingthlayer!!.... it's.. it's just a bit funny ;p

but now we have the Reeds, the Bastard of Bolton, the Brotherhood without Banners and the Brave Companions.. Season 3 is going to be awesome

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Not going to lie, when I hear a lisp I have to think of the Igors in the Discworld novels.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Kingthlayer. You are my captifth." <3

But yeah, it's probably to avoid people taking the piss out of Vargo's... impediment a little too much. I hope they keep it in though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    aah but the problem as I see it, is if they make the list even 1/2 as severe as it is in the books, the run the risk of making him too comical a character.
    He's supposed to be comical.

If he mentions thauthegeth (sausages) I swear I would need medical attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's supposed to be comical.
    See I never saw him as comical... mostly because he's a sadistic fuck, I thought the lisp was kinda jarring with that, but knowing Martin, I can see that being on purpose. TBH I'm happy either way, if they leave it in, that's cool, it's a unique thing for his character, if they take it out, myeh, it was kinda annoying anyway

also true story every SINGLE time I try to close the spoiler tag, I WILL spazz out and write [s/poiler] by accident the first time... wtf is wrong with me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    See I never saw him as comical... mostly because he's a sadistic fuck, I thought the lisp was kinda jarring with that, but knowing Martin, I can see that being on purpose. TBH I'm happy either way, if they leave it in, that's cool, it's a unique thing for his character, if they take it out, myeh, it was kinda annoying anyway
    Sadistic and comical, he was.

Thapphireth.

Spoiler alert:
    the Show is slow as hell.
    Could they like make 10 min introduction, of who related to who before each show. With Morgan Freeman narration.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Wouldn't that make it even slower?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    Spoiler alert:
    the Show is slow as hell.
    Could they like make 10 min introduction, of who related to who before each show. With Morgan Freeman narration.
    I found reading the wiki articles after each episode helped immensely in clearing a few things up
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Watched e9, yeah I'm slow. The actual battle was the least entertaining part of it. It's all about the dialogues and conversations imo. Less bloodsplatter and more Davos, the hound and Bronn next time. Bronn is just fucking fantastic everytime he gets screentime.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...