15+ Year Old Account
    Not to be an annoying "in the book" person...but in the book it's shown that Joffrey has always been morally clueless. People saying he was just coming into it or that it's a result of stress from trying to be king are mistaken.

Once after learning a kitchen cat was pregnant, Joffrey killed the animal and cut open its belly to see the kittens inside. He showed one of the unborn kittens to his father. Robert was so shocked and angry he hit the boy so hard it knocked out two of his baby teeth. Cersei also remarks that Robert would have beaten the boy if she had allowed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    Not to be an annoying "in the book" person...but in the book it's shown that Joffrey has always been morally clueless. People saying he was just coming into it or that it's a result of stress from trying to be king are mistaken.
    This reminds me of Tyrion´s talk with Cersei about the Targaryen incest and how Cersei had beaten the odds with Tommen and Myrcella. Joffrey was pretty much always destined to be a crazed psychopath. His position just made it way more apparent to people because he had such great influence over things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    A little house made of human flesh.
    haha, yup, and guess what the door handle is... I'll give you a clue, it's Reek's favourite toy...

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Ehhh I dunno, Joffrey is more graphically messed up in the series, but I found him more dangerous in the books because he seemed a fair bit more charming to the average onlooker.
    Maybe, it's been a while since I read the earlier books, but correct me if I'm wrong he's NOWHERE near as Sadistic, the closest we get to true sadism (from him at least...) in the books is his treatment of Sansa... Him having Ros beat a hooker to death and then later on shooting her many many times with a crossbow, he does nothing approaching those levels of evil.

In the books he struck me as nothing more than a boy who has never been told no and then before he could grow up and realise sometimes you can't have everything the way you want it, became King and was given limitless power. In the show he was just... A monster.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

he is a bit younger in the books too, I believe there is a 5 year age difference

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Would you say that you like Hannibal because he does what he wants? Again there's a difference between liking a well written and acted character and liking the way that they act.
    But the way they act is related to how they're acted...

Clearly there's an issue here between "characters" and "real life...."

Maybe it's just me but "I like Joffrey" to "you must be a sociopath" is a big leap imo.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-04-16 at 06:25 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    But the way they act is related to how they're acted...

Clearly there's an issue here between "characters" and "real life...."

Maybe it's just me but "I like Joffrey" to "you must be a sociopath" is a big leap imo.
    Yes, you're missing the difference. The person I was quoting said "I like Joffrey, he does what he wants" The things that Joffrey does are not normal and are very deranged. I like the way that Joffrey was portrayed, the actor did quite a good job as a sadistic bastard. I don't like that Joffrey "does what he wants" though. The person I was quoting was praising Joffreys character, not the acting. I'm not sure I can explain the difference any better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Yes, you're missing the difference. The person I was quoting said "I like Joffrey, he does what he wants" The things that Joffrey does are not normal and are very deranged. I like the way that Joffrey was portrayed, the actor did quite a good job as a sadistic bastard. I don't like that Joffrey "does what he wants" though. The person I was quoting was praising Joffreys character, not the acting. I'm not sure I can explain the difference any better.
    Even if he likes the character Joffrey himself to be honest that doesn't give you the right to point finger and judge the guy and thinking he might have issues just because he likes the villain. Many people in movies or stories or video games or anything sometimes like the villain either being awesome or bad ass or whatever reason but that doesn't mean they are themselves are sociopath or evil or sick. Some people like villains because they make stories or show more interesting and more engaging (I'm talking about well written villains). I hope you understand what I mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Heisenberg, problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I like Heisenberg, problem?
    Gus did nothing wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I started watching Breaking Bad last week. I have to say I agree, Gus is very likable.
    He's one of my favourite characters in any TV show ever .

The guy that plays Arrow in Arrow said that if he could have ANYONE in his show, it would be Gus... They need to make that happen!

Also, I hope next episode has more Arya in!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I started watching Breaking Bad last week. I have to say I agree, Gus is very likable.
    His likeability masks a horrible ruthlessness though. Unlike Joffrey, who had never needed to learn how to mask certain aspects of his personality because he could say and do as he wanted and nobody would (or, later on, would dare to) stop him.

Isn't Tommen the next in line for the throne? That'd make Cersei Queen Regent once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Isn't Tommen the next in line for the throne? That'd make Cersei Queen Regent once again.
    Depends if Margery is still considered Queen or not. Unless no matter what a woman can not be in charge and it always goes to the next male heir

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Depends if Margery is still considered Queen or not. Unless no matter what a woman can not be in charge and it always goes to the next male heir
    That's an interesting point, actually - I'd say it would be rather boring if it goes back to Cersei being the de facto ruler - but I'm not really sure how that goes now.

What I find even more interesting to speculate is the position of Myrcella. Technically, she's not in line for the throne by Westerosi standards even though she's older than Tommen (since she's a female), but I'm under the impression that unlike the rest of Westeros, equal inheritance is practised in Dorne. And it just so happens that Myrcella has been sent to Dorne to marry a Martell prince, so what if the Martells now consider Myrcella to be the rightful heir to the throne? That would also conveniently make them a ruling house.

Damn, everything is so messed up again that anything could happen. We also don't know who was actually responsible for the poison. I can't even wait for the next week's episode. D:
    Last edited by mmocf51f9d58e4; 2014-04-17 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milzorn View Post
    That's an interesting point, actually - I'd say it would be rather boring if it goes back to Cersei being the de facto ruler - but I'm not really sure how that goes now.
    If Cersei is considered to be the Queen Regent once more, it opens up a whole new line of thinking about who might have done it.

Margaery would only become Queen if she was pregnant. And then she'd just be Queen-Regent, same as Cersei was until her child became of age.

The crown goes to Tommen. And once again Cersei being Queen-Regent.

Deleted
    Yeah, Tommen is the new king, he'll be crowned soon I guess. Margaery will probably marry him when he comes of age in order maintain the political alliance between their houses.
    Myrcella is is his heir, but since both genders are treated equally in Dorne, Joffrey's death is the one opportunity for them to bash Tywin Lannister with their customs.

As for someone being messed up himself when liking Joffrey, you're grasping at straws. Sure, I might not be completely right in the head, but characters like Joffrey and Tywin are my favorites because they just fuckin' rule, literally. Everyone shits their pants for them because they have unlimited power, and the actors that play them only cement that rule imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tywin is a full on badass, love how he talks with authority all the time and people shit themselves. Awesome actor for the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Even if he likes the character Joffrey himself to be honest that doesn't give you the right to point finger and judge the guy and thinking he might have issues just because he likes the villain. Many people in movies or stories or video games or anything sometimes like the villain either being awesome or bad ass or whatever reason but that doesn't mean they are themselves are sociopath or evil or sick. Some people like villains because they make stories or show more interesting and more engaging (I'm talking about well written villains). I hope you understand what I mean.
    He likes the villain because of his actions, big difference. I like the character the joker from DK but I can in no one way approve of his actions.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    He likes the villain because of his actions, big difference. I like the character the joker from DK but I can in no one way approve of his actions.
    Because of his actions in the storyline not in real life which is totally fine. Some people need not to mix up real life stuff with stories and movies to be honest.