10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I absolutely looooooved about tonight's episode we're the blue eyes the white walker had. I remembered seeing those guys from the very 1st scene of the 1st episode and just wanted to learn much, much, much more about them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucinela View Post
    Rorge has a nose , a bit disappointed there.
    I was as well, but I mean...it's gotta be difficult to remove someone's entire nose. You can't really do it with makeup or prosthetics. The only way I could think of doing it is with digital effects. It's really not worth it for such a minor character.

And for those wondering they changed Theon's sister's name from Asha to Yara...it's because they felt that Asha was too similar to Osha (the wildling women in Winterfell) and it might confuse people. I don't agree with it myself, but that's why.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2012-04-09 at 08:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    And for those wondering they changed Theon's sister's name from Asha to Yara...it's because they felt that Asha was too similar to Osha (the wildling women in Winterfell) and it might confuse people. I don't agree with it myself, but that's why.
    Ahh I was wondering about this myself, thanks for clearing that up.

For me, the first two episodes of season two really shows how much the series stands alone from the books. I like it anyways though!

10+ Year Old Account

A reason I never bought into. By that reasoning, Yara is no good either as it's too close to Arya.

But now I know the real reason for the name change. This girl isn't Asha at all... she's some woman named Yara.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Good episode overall, but seemed rushed for each PoV.
    Goodbye Rakharo. Your later exploits now belong to a nameless dothhraki at half the price. =/
    At least Doreah is still alive. I guess they traded places cause she's hot an willing to show skin for sexposition. =p
    This almost made me wiki it up xD I was on the asoiaf wiki, but closed the tab again before reading anything. Hopefully I'll receive the second book this week. Curse you stupid sold out book. I had to order it from the UK.

Regarding last nights episode....
    - Jon is so dull. His story needs to evolve faster (guess that won't happen), or they need to show less of him.
    - I'll join the Arya and Gendry lovers. More of Arya!
    - Who the hell is Jaqen besides a man in a cage? Don't answer. Guess I'll know more about him soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    NOT liking Yara. I don't like her portrayal. I'll give the actress another couple scenes before I completely wash my hands of her. I can adjust to the change in look. But she isn't feisty nor brazen enough. And did we really have to have Theon round third base on her? Really?!?!?! What was the point in that? He cops a couple feels and she teases him and leads him on. That's all that's in the book. WTF?

But yeah: So far, Yara=Shae... as in, who are these people and what have they done with my characters?
    I don't know about Yara/Shae in the books, but I do now that third base was a bit too far xD
    I was as well, but I mean...it's gotta be difficult to remove someone's entire nose. You can't really do it with makeup or prosthetics. The only way I could think of doing it is with digital effects. It's really not worth it for such a minor character.
    Yeah. Reading this I thought of Ralph Fiennes as Voldemort. They removed his nose digitally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    and Stannis is every bit the stiff man(NO PUN INTENDED LAWL)
    A man has more courage than sense... though to be fair, it's hard to blame him.

The Good:

- Jaqen. His accent is exotic enough to pass as "foreign," and he looks the part without being too flamboyant and out of place.
    - Pyke. Balon is pretty much a giant prick, which is good. Theon is starting to shine too, and his pseudo-incest moment (though cut tragically short) was amusing.
    - Tyrion and Slynt. That guy got what was coming to him, and spectacularly delivered by Dinklage... Now there's just one more Janos scene I want to see realized. >.<
    - Davos, Saan and Matthos. Great little scene there, even if the poor pirate can't have consensual sex with the queen...
    - Arya/Gendry. Speaks for itself; we're apparently having the Night's Watch vs Amory Lorch battle next episode too, according to the trailer.
    - "What are you doing?"
    - "Jon, this is Gilly."
    - "Hello, Gilly. What are you doing?"
    - Varys nailed it. Brilliant actor.

The Bad:

- Where was Jaime?
    - Yara/Asha was pretty... eh. Perhaps a bit early to judge, but she's nothing like I imagined. She's a rather major player a little later, and as it stands I can't really see Gemma pulling some of her scenes off.

Oh, and trivia: I've met both Joe Dempsie and Hannah Murray (Gendry and Gilly) before; they're both somewhat local celebrities here in Bristol (Hannah by birth and Skins, Joe by... well, Skins), so I do hope they both get the recognition they deserve here.

Hannah will, at least... assuming her encounter with the "fat pink mast" makes the final cut.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-04-09 at 12:44 PM.

Deleted
    "Storms come and go, the big fish eat the little fish, and I keep on paddling"

Varys is turning into one of my favorites

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaino View Post
    "Storms come and go, the big fish eat the little fish, and I keep on paddling"

Varys is turning into one of my favorites
    Agreed, he always was but I'm just liking him more and more with each episode. I liked him in the books but Conleth Hill is so good (and the writing too) that I just can't help but love the character.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

I'm just a bit upset over how the series turns those subtleties in the book into in your face exposition in the tv series. Like it completely changes how viewers see stannis and milisandre, and it really rushed the craster story. But if seen as a something independent of the books, it is still a great episode

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Jaqen's hair is still 2-toned. Just not as vibrant as described in the book. I can live with that.

Rorge having a nose... Possibly will mean something for "another character" after Blackwater is all said and done. They may change the wound/scar up a bit. I imagine having someone noseless is a little hard to do in maekup, and a real PITA for every day filming. Yes, even though I put it in spoilers, I left it intentionally vague just in case a non-reader clicked it out of compulsion.
    Yeah I don't think they will either, much easier to do in a book than on film.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Yeah it's probably not a simple task to remove a nose. Shame that it will probably change Tyrion after the Blackwater. That disfigurement arguably affects his later decisions and behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    overall I rather liked that episode

The good:
    the Sexposition wasn't as bad as I'd been led to believe, was very worried.
    Arya and Gendry... so epic need more Arya and Gendry!
    Tyrion is a legend of godtier awesomeness, his scene with Janos was just.... superb. Bronn becoming captain of the guard is new though isn't it? Not a huge change though so frak it.
    Varys is amazing, loved the whole scene with him, Tyrion and Shae.
    Jaqen H'ghar.... the dude nailed it can't wait for The Ghost of Harrenhal
    Davos made me laugh he's not as flamboyant as I imagined, by he's funny as fuck, so it balances out.
    Pyke is epic win, looks JUST how I imagined it, Balon is awesome, the 'Iron price' scene was note perfect for me, sadly as good as Balon is.. Yara makes up for it with lameness, which brings me on to

the Bad:
    Seriously... does not like Yara, she's just... wrong.. TBH they've kinda failed across the board with female casting this season, Yara is rubbish ,Mellisandre still bugs the hell out of me, she's not hot enough (pun intended) not curvy enough, not red enough, and her accent changes from line to line.....
    On the plus side, Gilly looked good, she's got just the right level of chipmunky cuteness, will lead to some interesting scenes later on though....
    the whole scene with Ros and Littlefinger (and tbh by extension, the existance of Ros) just seemed... pointless to me, okay we get it, LF is a dick, be a LITTLE subtle about it...

overall a good episode, things start to pick up from here, we've got a real fun ride ahead
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I think they pulled off the Littlefinger-subtle perfectly in that scene. He's publically cool and calculating, but when nobody else is watching is downright sinister and controlling. There are a lot of his nuances in the book that can't really translate well into visual media, so the occasional scene like that will be great for when he ultimately does his thing that he does naw what I am sayin. People would be all kinds of confused if they didn't have a solid understanding of his nature outside of the Ned Stark betrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I think they pulled off the Littlefinger-subtle perfectly in that scene. He's publically cool and calculating, but when nobody else is watching is downright sinister and controlling. There are a lot of his nuances in the book that can't really translate well into visual media, so the occasional scene like that will be great for when he ultimately does his thing that he does naw what I am sayin. People would be all kinds of confused if they didn't have a solid understanding of his nature outside of the Ned Stark betrayal.
    Yeah great scene, Arya's story and Tyrions story are my faves(as they were in the books)... Castor/north of the wall bits in Episode 2 disappointed, they went too far from the original story to satisfy me, same thing with Stannis really.

But still... a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Davos made me laugh he's not as flamboyant as I imagined, by he's funny as fuck, so it balances out.
    Never imagined Davos as flamboyant, I imagined him as the silient type that don't talk BS, he just puts his head down and works his ass off, so he seems pretty fitting so far to me tbh.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-04-10 at 09:34 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Never imagined Davos as flamboyant, I imagined him as the silient type that don't talk BS, he just puts his head down and works his ass off, so he seems pretty fitting so far to me tbh.

This is why I shouldn't type late at night I didn't mean Davos, for obvious reasons. What I MEANT to say was Salladhor Saan, who in the books was described as very flamboyantly and colourfully dressed.

the actor for Davos is spot on, I've seen him in a few things an he never disappoints, so I don't expect him to now

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    This is why I shouldn't type late at night I didn't mean Davos, for obvious reasons. What I MEANT to say was Salladhor Saan, who in the books was described as very flamboyantly and colourfully dressed.
    I'm glad they cut back on the flamboyance a bit. If the guy was out there swinging around a scimitar dressed like a parrot I would have laughed at the silliness of it. I freaking loved Salladhor on this weeks episode though. I could easily see him becoming my favorite secondary character.

Just read HBO officially ordered a third season of GoT. Still a ton of this season left and I already can't wait for season three and four. The third book is one of the best books I have ever read.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-04-10 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    - Where was Jaime?
    I would like to take a moment and apologize for the pun.
    LFM ICC10 NEED KINGSLAYER

Last week's episode had me hungering for more, as always. Not having read the books yet - I would if I had the time - simply watching the story unfold is nothing short of amazing.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I'm glad they cut back on the flamboyance a bit. If the guy was out there swinging around a scimitar dressed like a parrot I would have laughed at the silliness of it.
    In all fairness, there's a big difference between flamboyant and Parrot , for a character who is almost always referenced as being incredibly colourful in his dress sense... did they really need to go with basic brown for ALL his clothes?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucinela View Post
    Looks like season 3 is on !Good times.
    was there ever any doubt shame it's not 2 seasons, but tbh as long as Season 2 continues how it started, and season 3 is of the same level, I can't see them NOT renewing for as many seasons as are needed, tbh at this point I think we need to worry more about the series catching up with the book, as us having to wait for Martin to release the next book before we can get the book OR the TV series :S

No comments on the third episode? I actually liked it better than the previous two (no daenerys = better show?

Some great scenes with Tyrion (also loved Varys in this episode) plus our first Brienne sighting.