10+ Year Old Account
    I personally cannot wait for Sunday, I have a feeling that the show will do the Battle of the Blackwater justice. It was very epic in the books, and I hope they can translate that to television.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript
    And now he will marry her for the exact same reason he married Jeyne in the books, because he feels it is the honourable thing to do. Nothing really changes at all. The only possible change is the potential deals that were made to return her to her Lannister sided family after Robb's death. No clue how the resolve that issue which could be a big deal for the North and Winterfell in the last two books.
    His character motivations for having sex with her do change and that's the point. Just doing it because he found her attractive seems silly. In fact, in the book I think it was mentioned that Jeyne/Talisa tended to his wounds at the time he found out about Bran & Rickon's death. It is just more believable otherwise.

Deleted
    I only just started watching this series, its amazing! so many great characters and shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw the last episode, wow. Great show, great cast, love it. And heres what might interest you, the next episode called "Blackwater" was being shot a month which is the same length as an ordinary movie and half of the length of an ... unordinary movie (of course, not counting with the post-production) and the producers of this show got extra 15 millions just for this episode, alot of CGI and action is coming)) and the last part, they hired a movie director Neil Marshall (Centurion) to shoot it. Quiet interesting, imho. It's pretty safe to say, next week's ep is going to blow the minds of every fan of this tv drama serie out there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Just saw the last episode, wow. Great show, great cast, love it. And heres what might interest you, the next episode called "Blackwater" was being shot a month which is the same length as an ordinary movie and half of the length of an ... unordinary movie (of course, not counting with the post-production) and the producers of this show got extra 15 millions just for this episode, alot of CGI and action is coming)) and the last part, they hired a movie director Neil Marshall (Centurion) to shoot it. Quiet interesting, imho. It's pretty safe to say, next week's ep is going to blow the minds of every fan of this tv drama serie out there
    EPIC fail if you think a movie gets shot in 1 month!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    His character motivations for having sex with her do change and that's the point. Just doing it because he found her attractive seems silly. In fact, in the book I think it was mentioned that Jeyne/Talisa tended to his wounds at the time he found out about Bran & Rickon's death. It is just more believable otherwise.
    It's not just a random shag with a random hottie, I mean half this season has been about building up a relationship between the two of them, they are obviously two young people who have fallen in love with one another, what happens when young people fall in love? We have sex and lots of it lol... so I got nothing to complain about as far as Robbs love affair goes. It's just more in time with reality and less fantasy. Love conquers all etc

I really do not hope bron and mr onion knight fight it out, two of my fave characters in both the books and the tv series, I don't want to choose side :P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course not every movie, but the most of them does. Its shooting. I am not counting with pre-production and post-production. Just, pure, clean shooting. There are exceptions, there are blockbusters, oscars-attacking movies .. they need more time, thats pretty obvious, but like I said - ordinary movie takes a very little time to shoot. Trust me, I'm studying it.

i find this season to be rather sub-par, with both writers having their inexperience exposed.

It's not even about being a purist (read them all) but I just don't understand the pacing of the season and how they integrated storylines for each episode. They zoomed through a couple hundred pages in the first 4 episodes, but then you are treated to an episode on Sunday where really nothing went on. It was a waste of precious time that they were limited to.

The biggest complaint before the season was aired was that the series was only getting 10 episodes to tell the story. This complaint was rather legitimate at the beginning of the season, but they completely wasted 60 minutes this past week on nothing but build-up. I think the writers had more time to write the first season and it was done very well, but I don't think they are adapting the second book with the same quality for whatever reason.

Book 3 is the bible of the series, it will make or break the writers of the show. It is very difficult to screw that up, and if they manage to do so, I doubt the show will last into feast and dance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    It's not just a random shag with a random hottie, I mean half this season has been about building up a relationship between the two of them
    Yes, hilariously obviously so.

, they are obviously two young people who have fallen in love with one another, what happens when young people fall in love? We have sex and lots of it lol... so I got nothing to complain about as far as Robbs love affair goes. It's just more in time with reality and less fantasy. Love conquers all etc
    Again, fair enough - but the book does more justice to Robb as a character than just falling in love (with no much development other than other than Robb appearing infatuated) with some foreign nurse tending to wounded Lannisters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a calm before the storm hits, trust me. It was build-up, but even build-up in Game of Thrones means, very clever dialogues, nice acting and a lot of characters showing us their motives, showing us their hidden secrets and in case of my favorite character Tyrion, that even he, can get scared. Thats not something we are used to see when hes on the screen. That is why there is need for episodes like this. The other thing is, the number of episodes in each season is absolutely irrelevant, because the number of seasons WILL be higher than the number of the books. That being said, they are going to mix the events from the books to make it more compact, you can taste that in this season, not all the events are exactly according the book. It differs. It will differ. The number of episodes doesnt matter. They will either tell us the whole story in who knows how many seasons, or they won't. It all depends on the ratings but I'm not scared. The story by G. R. R. Martin is simply too awesome, people won't stop watching until the very end.

(sorry for my grammar, trying my best)

Deleted
    I'm really against some of the changes made to the series as they kind of spoil things for the next books a bit since you know GRRM has his hands in the series which probably means those changes shouldnt affect the story too much. If that made sense

10+ Year Old Account
    I just started watching the series 2 days ago and im already liking it. I like the characters, story, setting, i just like everything about it its awesome. I might just actually buy the book series and im not much of a book reader.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Here is a nice interview with Peter Dinklage about Game of Thrones and his role.

peter-dinklage-on-thrones-and-on-his-own-terms

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, hilariously obviously so.

Again, fair enough - but the book does more justice to Robb as a character than just falling in love (with no much development other than other than Robb appearing infatuated) with some foreign nurse tending to wounded Lannisters.
    No the book doesn't. He was sad so he banged a girl then married her because of honor isn't development. It isn't anything but a line of text to give motivation to future events. You are forgetting, as are so many people in this thread, the show isn't for fans of the books. Sorry, it isn't. It is to bring new fans to the universe and make it a television audience friendly show. They do that by having content that appeals to multiple genres. The Talisa/Robb storyline is an enormous hit with women from what I have heard. This storyline humanizes him in a way that the books completely failed to do. When events finally do unfold, you end up caring more about Cat than Robb because he is a completely walled off character in the books. This sort of build up is going to make those events so much more tragic and fans of the books and the show are going to love it. If all they did was make a video version of the books it wouldn't be remotely close to the success that it is and would be remarkably boring. Everyone who read the books would know exactly what was coming constantly. The show needs minor yet influential changes, like the Robb relationship, to survive.

I never felt the books made it clear what Robb's motivations were to clear his obligations to the Freys. I guess the lack of information on Robb's part is to blame for that.

Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    EPIC fail if you think a movie gets shot in 1 month!!!
    The actual filming of most movies is relatively fast, around 2 months (sometimes less, sometimes more). What takes an insane amount of time is the pre/post production work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    No the book doesn't. He was sad so he banged a girl then married her because of honor isn't development. It isn't anything but a line of text to give motivation to future events.
    How is the television motivation any less shallow than the book version?

You are forgetting, as are so many people in this thread, the show isn't for fans of the books. Sorry, it isn't. It is to bring new fans to the universe and make it a television audience friendly show. They do that by having content that appeals to multiple genres. The Talisa/Robb storyline is an enormous hit with women from what I have heard. This storyline humanizes him in a way that the books completely failed to do. When events finally do unfold, you end up caring more about Cat than Robb because he is a completely walled off character in the books.
    I agree, in part. Him being followed in the show is a good thing.

This sort of build up is going to make those events so much more tragic and fans of the books and the show are going to love it. If all they did was make a video version of the books it wouldn't be remotely close to the success that it is and would be remarkably boring. Everyone who read the books would know exactly what was coming constantly. The show needs minor yet influential changes, like the Robb relationship, to survive.
    Yes, it would. I don't know why you have me solely as a book purist. I agree with many of the edits and changes of emphasis the show agrees. Just not the Robb/Talisa arc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it would. I don't know why you have me solely as a book purist. I agree with many of the edits and changes of emphasis the show agrees. Just not the Robb/Talisa arc.
    I don't think you are a true book pursit. A true book purist would be up in arms because Dany isn't 13, Jon isn't 14, etc. like they are in the seemingly pedo mind of GRRM lol. Changing it could really have a big impact depending on how book 6/7 plays out with whatever happened to Jeyne. Replicating some of the events surrounding her is going to be difficult (say negotiating her return to her family because her family are Lannister bannermen, which could be a big plot point, whereas in the show she is from Volantis and the Lannister's don't owe them anything at all so why wouldn't they just kill her and be done with it). It makes for better television with this story. It would have been way easier to simply name the character Jeyne Westerling though and then make this the story which would have prevented all of the potential plot hangups in the future. No clue why they overcomplicated it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I never felt the books made it clear what Robb's motivations were to clear his obligations to the Freys. I guess the lack of information on Robb's part is to blame for that.
    Simple he married for love and gave up his promise to the Freys leading to his demise later on. Dont forget the char is 15/16 in the books he has a crown thrust upon him then he meets a girl who takes care of him at his lowest and he ''falls in love'' and marries her.

I dont see why they needed to change the char it serves no purpose, could of done the same thing with Westerling.

Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    Simple he married for love and gave up his promise to the Freys leading to his demise later on. Dont forget the char is 15/16 in the books he has a crown thrust upon him then he meets a girl who takes care of him at his lowest and he ''falls in love'' and marries her.

I dont see why they needed to change the char it serves no purpose, could of done the same thing with Westerling.
    Yes, I'm fully aware of what he did and why, but it's lofty at best. GRRM either had a lapse in writing or planned it out to feel sudden and shocking (an honor-bound Stark forsaking promises is indeed shocking). Unfortunately that doesn't translate well to television, especially when they've made a point of expanding on characters that, up until this point, weren't very fleshed out in the books (Tywin comes to mind).