10+ Year Old Account
    oh you evil evil man......
    must not watch....
    must not!!
    *loads page*
    *closes it down again*
    aaarrrrgggg don't know what to doooooo.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Do what i did, give in to temptation and watch it. The first 10 mins are really creepy, i was really tense watching it.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    okay I've broken :P loading it now GOD I can't wait for this show, I hope EZTV gets it up fast, I've not got sky :S

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

OMG "GAME OF THRONES"! Series on HBO!

I got done with the book a couple weeks ago and im almost through the second book, imagine my surprise when i saw an add for "A game of Thrones" HBO series on the back cover of Sports illustrated!

Its going to premier April 17 9PM!
    Heres one of the trailers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T84d-lRNLs

I loved the book, hopefully the series will be exelent and it will get enough views for them to make follow up seasons for the other books!

15+ Year Old Account
    Merged together a whole bunch of threads about the Game of Thrones series.

I agree it looks great. Looking forward to it.

OH GOD I LOL`D! The dude playing Tyrion is the guy who played the dwarf writer who beat the snot out of Buddy (Wil Ferrel) in the movie "Elf".

10+ Year Old Account
    aye his name is Peter Dinklage he's epic check out The Station Agent, brilliant film he was in. I remember when I first heard that they where making a TV show of GoT, I checked the cast saw Peter and FREAKED he's SO perfect for Tyrion (although tbh I thought they'd deform him a little more, Tyrion is supposed to be crazy ugly no?)

Aye, Tyrion is supposed to be very ugly (Sansa in the books describes him as the ugliest person she has ever seen). Peter is a bit too good looking but otherwise I think he is a great choice for the part.

Deleted
    Sansa's got messed-up standards. You'd think that after seeing Sandor Clegane Tyrion would be like a breath of fresh air.

10+ Year Old Account
    aye Sansa's wierd, she likes Joffery, so she quite clearly has no taste :P (Arya FTW) but I'm wondering if they didn't want to ugly him up, will they also not put in the bit in book...2 I think, where he gets the massive scar across his face?

OMG can't wait only THREE FRAKKIN DAYS. Add on one for ripping and uploads and by this time next week I'll have seen the first ep

Deleted
    Oh Arya... she's cool, and I think they chose the right girl to play her part too.

Actually I don't think I've seen any actor choices I didn't like so far. I wasn't too keen on their choice for Jon Snow at first, but after the tasty 10 minute sneak-peek I'm quite convinced he can pull it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Oh Arya... she's cool, and I think they chose the right girl to play her part too.

Actually I don't think I've seen any actor choices I didn't like so far. I wasn't too keen on their choice for Jon Snow at first, but after the tasty 10 minute sneak-peek I'm quite convinced he can pull it off.
    Same. Once I saw these people act, I turned out pretty happy about the castings.

For those who havnt seen the first 14 minutes of the first episode that was released april 1st here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQykXOukM2Q

Deleted
    Boromir!!!!11

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post

funny thing, I was over the moon with their choice of jon snow....

cause I KNOW THAT GUY, he's my brothers friend's brother :P I still have a transformer I stole off him like ten years ago... and I've now said he can have it back... in exchange for the phone number of that chick that plays Dany...cause.... I mean god damn...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

cause I KNOW THAT GUY, he's my brothers friend's brother :P I still have a transformer I stole off him like ten years ago... and I've now said he can have it back... in exchange for the phone number of that chick that plays Dany...cause.... I mean god damn...
    I'd check the number first if I were you... he might still feel some bitterness and hook you up with Khal Drogo.

AFAIK, it's going to be one book per series, this will probably change further down the line, as there's only 5 books at the moment :P so IF this series gets that far(which it should), there'll probably start to spread it out a bit.
    In these times a series can be considered lucky to make it through a single season without getting episodes cut. I highly doubt they will do 5 seasons with a high budget series like this when tv stations can make millions with stupid and cheap reality soaps.

---------- Post added 2011-04-15 at 10:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Aye, Tyrion is supposed to be very ugly (Sansa in the books describes him as the ugliest person she has ever seen). Peter is a bit too good looking but otherwise I think he is a great choice for the part.
    Looking forward to the "getting his nose cut off" part.
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

10+ Year Old Account

Well, if you get that, hook me up with one of the handmaidens. Doreah is smoking hot! Those scenes where she is on top of Dany or Viserys are pretty damned sexy. lol

---------- Post added 2011-04-15 at 01:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    In these times a series can be considered lucky to make it through a single season without getting episodes cut. I highly doubt they will do 5 seasons with a high budget series like this when tv stations can make millions with stupid and cheap reality soaps.
    HBO went all out with the promotion with everything from sending fansites maester's boxes, to the internet stuff, to the food carts and the HBO store. Dan and David have full confidence in a 7 or 8 season series and have even discussed the final scene for the final season. Time will tell, but I'm betting that HBO greenlights season 2 on Monday.

---------- Post added 2011-04-15 at 10:39 AM ----------

Arg. Is it Sunday yet? =(
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-04-15 at 08:22 AM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Amfg one day left to go!!!!

Common sunday!

---------- Post added 2011-04-17 at 02:06 AM ----------

WOOT! Today is the day!