Was that Tywin Lannister on the horse about 20 seconds in?
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    Was that Tywin Lannister on the horse about 20 seconds in?
    Yeah, it's him. I'm pretty sure he's riding into Harrenhal, what with Weasel right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for Weasel and the Ghost of Harrenhal won't say anymore, for obvious reasons.

Thanks Disenchanted, it's a great song, not usually a Florence Fan.

No shammy you're FAR from the only person who hates Sansa, she was a total bitch for most of season 2, unlike certain characters though, she does get alot better.

also YAY my Bluray of Season 1 arrives on Tuesday gunna spam the whole season in one day
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    He delivered that Tyrion line perfectly. They seriously need to cut down on this "power is a curious thing..." thing, though. We got it the first time.

Cersei looks devilishly gorgeous in her last shot. We need more of that!
    She really does. It doesn't hurt that the wig is much better this year. I blame half of the problems with Cersei's portrayal last year on that mop they stuck on her head.

---------- Post added 2012-03-04 at 08:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    also YAY my Bluray of Season 1 arrives on Tuesday gunna spam the whole season in one day
    Got my confirmation too.

Can't watch it in one day on Tuesday though. I'll be in the middle of a long work week. But I have 5 days off in a row coming up in 2 weeks. I intend to watch every second of the 22 hours in that set. I ordered it almost as much for the bonus material as the show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    She really does. It doesn't hurt that the wig is much better this year. I blame half of the problems with Cersei's portrayal last year on that mop they stuck on her head.

---------- Post added 2012-03-04 at 08:44 PM ----------

Got my confirmation too.

Can't watch it in one day on Tuesday though. I'll be in the middle of a long work week. But I have 5 days off in a row coming up in 2 weeks. I intend to watch every second of the 22 hours in that set. I ordered it almost as much for the bonus material as the show.
    haha glad it's not just me but the some of the wigs in the last season were aawwffuuulllll :S I usuallly think Lena Headey is a smoking hottie, but every time I saw her (after the initial 'Agh it's Cersei, punch her in the ovaries!') all I could think was 'Why is her head thatched? surely she should have hair... not straw... Same thing with Dany (who by the way is insanely hot normally, not sure about as a blonde by as a brunette she is an angel ) I was always so put off by the really bad wig it made her scenes a bit hard to watch, then again boobies made up for it most of the time so.. yeah Also, speaking of boobies, how do you think they'll handle her dress when she reaches Mereen, ya really think she's going to walk around for the whole season with 1/2 her chest hanging out (that's probably not a spoiler, but err on the side of caution ya know )

and yeah I totally got the Bluray for the bonus junk, I've still got my er.... legally aquired..... HD rips of the first season, so I sure as frak didn't order it for that I wanna see all the bonus stuff, which if I'm not wrong includes the audition videos of all the cast... I REALLY wanna see Tyrions and Khal Drogo (he does the Hakka )

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those, ummm, dresses are from Qarth, Gallahadd.

But bad news if you were hoping to see half topless dresses. They're not using them. That was discussed a couple of months back when they started filming. I guess HBO even has their limits.

For shame!

I saw an interview where Emilia Clark actually said she was totally fine showing her breasts for the show because it would be done in good taste. Alas, we'll have to suffice with less boobage. I'm totally fine with this, because if it's the boobs/sex one is interested in then ASOIAF/Game of Thrones really isn't the greatest choice.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Simpsons did their opening sequence in the games of thrones style tonight.
    Check this clip out quick in case its taken down..it was hard to even find this.---v
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=367Nd07eF9E

Im sure there will be easier version to find tomorrow.
    Last edited by Listrata; 2012-03-05 at 04:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those, ummm, dresses are from Qarth, Gallahadd.

But bad news if you were hoping to see half topless dresses. They're not using them. That was discussed a couple of months back when they started filming. I guess HBO even has their limits.
    D'oh! I knew it was one of those places, that's what I get for posting at 3 in the morning And tbh I never really thought they'd use them, they were a little.... revealing, even for GoT

Quote Originally Posted by Listrata View Post
    The Simpsons did their opening sequence in the games of thrones style tonight.
    Check this clip out quick in case its taken down..it was hard to even find this.---v
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=367Nd07eF9E

Im sure there will be easier version to find tomorrow.
    best. opening. EVER.

So Penny Arcade have done a bunch of comics about it, and now the Simpsons is riffing on it... Ladies and Gentlefolk, GoT is officially a smash hit

Next Morning Edit: WooooooooooooooT Game of Thrones arrived today :P time to long myself in a small room and watch it alllllllll.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2012-03-05 at 03:56 PM.

3 weeks to go! Hoping to finish reading the 2nd book by then

Man I just finished the first season and Im so excited for the second season to start! Im thinking of reading the books now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by backseatview View Post
    Man I just finished the first season and Im so excited for the second season to start! Im thinking of reading the books now
    Do it!

You can even have all 5 read before the second season starts if you don't waste time.
    Last edited by Disenchanted; 2012-03-08 at 06:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do it!

You can even have all 5 read before the second season starts if you don't waste time.
    if by 'waste time' you mean 'stop to eat or sleep' then yes, yes you probably can

but I have to agree on the other part ddddoooo iiiitttt, best series in a LONG time, and as AMAZING as the series is, the books are soo much better.

tiny TINY season 2 spoilers, but still, tread with caution.
    Also has anyone noticed a destinct lack of Wildlings cast this season? I know the Lord of Bones has been cast, but we've not see Mance, or FAR more importantly Ygritte. I'm guessin they're not showing us Mance because of the little trick at his intro, but why not show Ygritte?

10+ Year Old Account
    if by 'waste time' you mean 'stop to eat or sleep' then yes, yes you probably can

but I have to agree on the other part ddddoooo iiiitttt, best series in a LONG time, and as AMAZING as the series is, the books are soo much better.

tiny TINY season 2 spoilers, but still, tread with caution.
    Also has anyone noticed a destinct lack of Wildlings cast this season? I know the Lord of Bones has been cast, but we've not see Mance, or FAR more importantly Ygritte. I'm guessin they're not showing us Mance because of the little trick at his intro, but why not show Ygritte?
    My first time through, I read all 4 books (at the time) in 8 days. Granted, I spent most of my free time reading, but still... I read ADWD in a day. It can be done... if you have no life. LOL

Regarding the spoilers, (not giving away much, but if you're a non-reader, maybe avoid)Ygritte has been cast. She's a lovely girl too (although I'm sure they're going to wild her up for the show). Mance didn't make an appearance until ASOS, so not seeing him this year doesn't phase me. In ACOK, other than Ygritte and Rattleshirt, most of the wildlings we meet are red shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    My first time through, I read all 4 books (at the time) in 8 days. Granted, I spent most of my free time reading, but still... I read ADWD in a day. It can be done... if you have no life. LOL
    Haha a good point, I forget people like to powerread, I tend to take my time with Martin, I figure if we're going to have to wait a decade between each book, I should try to get at least a couple of weeks out of each one

as for the blacked out part D'oh! I forget how long the whole 'John is a Wildling' thing lasts... god my memory is shot these days :P... as for Ygritte.... turns out if I'd spent the time I spent typing the question to yall typing in Google, I could have had an answer :P also......YUM, me LIKE the lady playing her can't wait to see her all wildlingy

Also, I'm re-watching Season one, just got to the part with Tyrions "confession"... And I STILL really wanna know what he did with the Jackass and the honey comb in that brothel....

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha a good point, I forget people like to powerread, I tend to take my time with Martin, I figure if we're going to have to wait a decade between each book, I should try to get at least a couple of weeks out of each one
    I'm currently on my 3rd re-read of AFFC. The first I've read it since reading ADWD, and the book is MUCH better in current light. I read the first 3 books 4 times each now (my 3rd re-read was leading up to ADWD's release, but I didn't bother reading AFFC that time). Once I'm finished, I'll read ADWD for the second time. I'll power read a book (if it's good) usually. But if I re-read it, I'll savor it and take my time with it. Maybe 3-4 chapters a day... sometimes more if I have nothing better to do.

After reading ADWD, I decided to cleanse my pallet and read anything BUT ASOIF for a while. A few weeks ago, I picked up AGOT and began re-reading the whole series from start to finish... again. LOL I don't think I've read a series over and over this much ever. Even the Dune series lost it's flavor after the 2nd read through.

Also, I'm re-watching Season one, just got to the part with Tyrions "confession"... And I STILL really wanna know what he did with the Jackass and the honey comb in that brothel....
    ROFL! Some things are best left unsaid.

I have my blue rays. I popped one in just to see the picture quality, and WOW!!! I watched the whole "Complete Guide to Westeros" which was amazing! Some of the stuff does not get mentioned even in the books (history of Valyria).

I'm waiting on my mini vacation coming up to watch in earnest though. One more week then it's on!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have my blue rays. I popped one in just to see the picture quality, and WOW!!! I watched the whole "Complete Guide to Westeros" which was amazing! Some of the stuff does not get mentioned even in the books (history of Valyria).

I'm waiting on my mini vacation coming up to watch in earnest though. One more week then it's on!
    awesome I've been burning through the Blurays, but I've not yet touched the special features, I really wanna watch the Complete Guide, glad it's good .

btw... is it just my machine, or when you first put the Bluray in does it take three million years to load?

10+ Year Old Account
    awesome I've been burning through the Blurays, but I've not yet touched the special features, I really wanna watch the Complete Guide, glad it's good .

btw... is it just my machine, or when you first put the Bluray in does it take three million years to load?
    Happened to me too, and it's a comment I see/hear a lot, so it must just be the way it goes. Odd how most blu rays have a loading screen when that happens. This one doesn't.

I almost thought that maybe my player was DLing firmware. But not everyone's player is connected to the internet, so maybe that isn't the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    This semester is kick my a$$! Started reading the series back in September once my summer job lightened up and school started again. I find myself around 1/4 into ADwD and LOADED on school work. Mid terms this past week and the rest this week. 2 large papers due in 2 weeks along reading school oriented stuff out the wazoo! I really don't think I'll be able to finish the 5th book in time for season 2 to start Wish me luck guys and gals, I want to finish it!
    Goochy

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do it Goochy! You've got about a month, easily enough time, pull a couple of allnighters to get the work done, then get down to the REAL good stuff, DWD!

also, has anyone noticed that ALL the books are called 'A' something, except the next book, which is (not final of course) called 'The Winds of Winter' is it just my supreme Nerd-OCD, or does everyone else think he should change the title, to fit in better with the others?

and good to know it's not just my player Disenchanted, although I have to say I get worried every time I put the disc in, and it takes AGES to load, I thought the EXACT same thing as you the first time I put it in, but now it's STILL doing it, and all I can think is 'HBO... naughty naughty, I expected better of you' hope they fix it for the Season 2 (and 3,4,5,6,7 etc) Blurays...

but Frak me the quality is worth it :P I could see a bug landing on Eddard's face today... on the steps of the sept of Baelor