10+ Year Old Account
    tbh I think it would be quite a good idea to merge Crows/Dragons and then split them chorologically into two seasons (which is what he should have done with the books) so you don't have whole huge chunks of one character, followed by a series or more without them
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    tbh I think it would be quite a good idea to merge Crows/Dragons and then split them chorologically into two seasons (which is what he should have done with the books) so you don't have whole huge chunks of one character, followed by a series or more without them
    Of course that's what they'll do. No way will they have half of the cast not in a whole season.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

That's what they're doing although I don't have a citation.

About the trailer: I'm worried that they'll turn my man Tormund Giantsbane into a villain.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah I don't think they'll do that. They'll probably make him an honorable guy like he was in the books.

10+ Year Old Account
    He pretty much became Jon's right-hand-man towards the end of Dance, so I doubt he'll go evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jamlol View Post
    Of course that's what they'll do. No way will they have half of the cast not in a whole season.
    Yeah I'm not sure why I wrote that as if it was my idea , what I MEANT to say, but it got lost in the "Typing at wtf in the morning" mindmelt was "as far as I know, they are blahblah splitting blah" and I 100% agree that it's a good idea, for all the reasons that any sane person can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    About the trailer: I'm worried that they'll turn my man Tormund Giantsbane into a villain.
    Nah, they couldn't do that That's what I really loved about the Wildlings, with the exception of Rattleshirt, they're not BAD people, Mance just wants to be free, same as all people. They couldn't make the Wildlings villains without making VAST changes to their characters. I mean hell compared to most of the other groups in aSoIaF, the wildlings are probably the LEAST villainous

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    If they have Tormund climbing the Wall he might end up taking the place of Styr - leading the attack on Castle black, and getting killed during it. Not sure how it would work otherwise.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Hello guys , long time no post in here thread , but as S3 approaches i got myself a severe case of the urge and itchy fingers.
    I have a question for you all , what will you do if George.R.R doesn't finish 6th or/and 7th before the show catches on and bypasses the books ( likely to happen for book 7 at least ) ? Will you be watching the show or wait for the book ? i myself am torn but probably i will be waiting for the book before watching the show.
    Last edited by Bucinela; 2013-02-24 at 10:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I strongly doubt that will happen tbh Buc, If I HAD to hazard a guess I'd say that GoT would go on "Hiatus" if it ever caught up with the books. In the HIGHLY unlikely event of the TV show continuing past the books... I'd watch the show, as long as it was approved by george it would sooth the itch, and give us some nice "filler" to keep us going till the book came out. I mean the book is ALWAYS going to be better, so watching the show would be like "Song of Ice and Fire: Light" , we get a rough idea of the story, keep that monkey off our backs and then when the books come out, find out the REAL story, including all the thought process and stuff that doesn't translate properly to the screen, but is so core to the books.

I think the more pressing issue here... is do you think George would "rush" the books, to keep ahead of the show....

I think that if it was needed they would do a spinoff to hold people over, either one of the books set in the same universe or something showing more backstory like Roberts Rebillion

Quote Originally Posted by Bucinela View Post
    Hello guys , long time no post in here thread , but as S3 approaches i got myself a severe case of the urge and itchy fingers.
    I have a question for you all , what will you do if George.R.R doesn't finish 6th or/and 7th before the show catches on and bypasses the books ( likely to happen for book 7 at least ) ? Will you be watching the show or wait for the book ? i myself am torn but probably i will be waiting for the book before watching the show.
    Although I doubt the TV seasons will catch the books, although I will do whichever comes out first, cant get enough GoT

15+ Year Old Account
    Martin's given the showrunners an outline for the general plot up to the conclusion of A Song of Ice and Fire, so worst case scenario they can continue the show without him.

Though Martin also recently signed a two year contract with HBO to develop new programming, and has already stated that a Tales of Dunk & Egg spinoff is in discussion. He also mentioned that Robert's Rebellion would be covered by the A Song of Ice and Fire adaptation license, hinting that that may be possible as well.

So if the show did catch up to the books (which wouldn't be until at least 2017, possibly 2019...) they could easily put the show on hiatus and do a spinoff or prequel. The biggest concern, I think, would be that the actor's could potentially age really noticeably if a hiatus is needed between the adaptations of books 6 and 7.

On the other hand, Martin might simply not let that happen. Books 4 and 5 took especially long because he'd never had them planned in the first place. He's also already written at least half of book 6 and some of book 7. If he winds up under deadline pressure, he probably has the capacity to buckle down and finish them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for this season... So many people die!! lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Can't wait for this season... So many people die!! lol
    tbh that's pretty much the order of the day from now on If I'm not mistaken from now on we'll have at least two deaths a season, or course there's been about so far......

I would love to see some of the history stuff, as filler, if they ever catch up to the books. LOVE the idea of a spinoff/season based on roberts rebellion and put in the tower of joy stuff they cut out of season 1, would be good all round.

I saw this and thought of this thread, dont mind me im up to date on GoT books and series.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

I honestly don't know why people wouldn't want to pick up the books and read them if they haven't already. I'm all up to date and currently re-listening to A Storm of Swords on audio in my spare time...Roy Detrice does an amazing job on the audio books, it's a shame he doesn't narrate for Feast.

Episode titles:

Ep. 301 – Valar Dohaeris
    Ep. 302 – Dark Wings, Dark Words
    Ep. 303 – Walk of Punishment
    Ep. 304 – And Now His Watch is Ended
    Ep. 305 – Kissed by Fire
    Ep. 306 – to be determined
    Ep. 307 – The Bear and the Maiden Fair
    Ep. 308 – to be determined
    Ep. 309 – The Rains of Castamere
    Ep. 310 – Mhysa

From WiC.net
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow... that's a nice list of episodes, it's fun going through and thinking what the episodes will be about

I'm guessing:

ep1: Arya heavy, the start of her adventures with The Hound.
    ep4: Death of Commander Mormont and the Night's Watch outparty rebellion.
    ep5: Boring episode with Jon diddling Ygritte and many repetitions of "You know nothing Jon Snow".
    Ep9: The Red Wedding! I think the title change is a good idea, anyone who knows the story knows what will happen, but it's not QUITE so obvious that the wedding is going to end horribly, if you don't already know.
    ep10: This word rings a bell, but I can't think why.. any input?

Overall seems like this is going to be a badass season can't wwaaiitt

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the people on WiC says it's ghiscari for "mother." Dany going on her dragon rampage maybe?

Overall seems like this is going to be a badass season can't wwaaiitt
    It's a Valyrian word for "mother". the slaves that Daenerys freed call her that. I'm guessing it's the Yunkai episode.