10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Just finished A Dance with Dragons, and it may be my favourite in the series. I know a lot of people complains about how slow the story moves, and how "nothing happens", but I feel like people missed the point that the War of the Five Kings ended in A Storm of Swords, and that A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons is an Aftermath.
    They are more of a build up to the next war. Winter has finally come to Westeros and shit is going down in Meereen.

I wish they'd forget about Meereen and put Dany on Westeros... Getting tired of that side of the world.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I wish they'd forget about Meereen and put Dany on Westeros... Getting tired of that side of the world.
    The next book starts with Victarion and his fleet arriving in Meereen to help Dany's army win the war and to bring her back to Westeros as Euron's bride (or whatever Victarion actually has planned for her and her dragons). So she may well be heading to Westeros by the end of the sixth book.

I do agree that the "Meereenese knot" as Martin calls it was probably allowed to get too out of hand with regards to the total scope of the books. It gets really tangled by the end of [I]Storm[/I] and doesn't come much closer to resolution in [I]Dance[/I]... but, oh well, it'll be untangled in [I]The Winds of Winter[/I]

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope she never makes it to Westeros and dies in The Slavers Bay and everyone in Westeros gets killed by the White Walkers. If Martin did something as awsome as that I'll forever worship him as a god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    I hope she never makes it to Westeros and dies in The Slavers Bay and everyone in Westeros gets killed by the White Walkers. If Martin did something as awsome as that I'll forever worship him as a god.
    With his history of what he does to his characters, that's probably not that far off from what'll happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Dany, what the hell was the point of Quentin Martel?

I mean seriously, was he only added to the story simply to become a pork roast? He has this epic journey to marry Dany and gets his ass burnt to a crisp and that's it. That's the end of it. I got to that scene and I was like "wtf is the point of his character? To take up space?"
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Speaking of Dany, what the hell was the point of Quentin Martel?

I mean seriously, was he only added to the story simply to become a pork roast? He has this epic journey to marry Dany and gets his ass burnt to a crisp and that's it. That's the end of it. I got to that scene and I was like "wtf is the point of his character? To take up space?"
    To change Dorne's allegiance from Daenerys to Aegon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    To change Dorne's allegiance from Daenerys to Aegon
    Makes sense I guess, was thinking about it this afternoon and that was the only conclusion I could come to, that Dorian Martell would not ally with Dany, perhaps even blame her for Quentin's death. Otherwise, his entire appearance in the story seemed pointless.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Makes sense I guess, was thinking about it this afternoon and that was the only conclusion I could come to, that Dorian Martell would not ally with Dany, perhaps even blame her for Quentin's death. Otherwise, his entire appearance in the story seemed pointless.
    Since when have Dany's chapters been anything but pointless? Really she's been going down hill since Drogo died . Calling it now, when the dust settles, Aegon's on the throne, married to Arya, with Tyrion and Varys advising. Either than or Stannis will just boss out and kill everyone and everything in sight.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The fact is, Martin seemed to have screwed up with Dany's story in 4 and 5 (not criticizing him, he's amazing, just my opinion). They got too far away from the plot, and that's probably one of the reasons why after 6 years he released a book where we have a character come out of nowhere to take the plot somewhere else because he couldn't figure out how to work it out by the direction he'd gone with in book 4. I mean are there any hints at all that Aegon was still alive and someone was raising him? I really don't think so...

I feel like this is going to end with Jon Snow dead, Rickon as Lord of Winterfell (with the loyal north backing him up), Stannis dead, Melisandre back to where she came from, Arya a vagabond who goes wherever for the rest of her life (after participating in the war), and bla bla a hundred more predictions I don't want to do.

Nah wait, I just remembered that prophecy where Dany walked through that warlock's house thing and saw the vision of Elia and Rhaegar and the baby. Okay, so GRRM did know about Aegon. Still... I dislike the Meereen line.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-03-29 at 04:39 AM.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to the GoT Exhibit today in NYC!

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I hate you, I want your life. Let me be your intern or something man, this is my resume

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate you, I want your life
    lol It's not as glamorous as you would think, but I'm happy with it. Rumors going around right now that Rose Leslie, Maisie Williams, Kit Harington, Sophie Turner, Natalie Dormer, and John Bradley will be there!! Totally going to ask Rose out on a date! lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Long, sadly very accurate spoiler post
    I wish I could argue with anything you said in the first paragraph, it's something I've said many times myself. as for your theories... We can agree to disagree there

Meereen fucking sucks though, I may actually have to fast wordward the bits of her there....

Damn you..... Also while you're in the area go and see "Street" at the Met... omfg so good....

Also, anyone else here watch Suits? if not... go fucking watch it! Was watching Season 2 last night, two of the characters are talking and one of them (an annoying little rat fuck) turns to the other (an even MORE annoying rat fuck) and says "Don't worry, I ALWAYS pay my debts......." then mutters under his breath "I'm a lannister!"

I had to rewind to make sure I'd heard it properly and I had! Laughed my ass off.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

Damn you..... Also while you're in the area go and see "Street" at the Met... omfg so good....
    I went and saw "Street" two weekends ago. I went specifically to see the "After Photoshop" exhibit, but ended up over at "Street" afterwards.

On topic though, the exhibit looks pretty amazing. Definitely getting my picture taken on the Iron Throne replica. I do have a feeling I will be staring at Rose way too much to enjoy all the other things lol
    Last edited by Reg; 2013-03-29 at 02:19 PM.

I went and saw "Street" two weekends ago. I went specifically to see the "After Photoshop" exhibit, but ended up over at "Street" afterwards.

On topic though, the exhibit looks pretty amazing. Definitely getting my picture taken on the Iron Throne replica. I do have a feeling I will be staring at Rose way too much to enjoy all the other things lol
    If you get a date with any of them I will make you my God.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you get a date with any of them I will make you my God.
    lol Never going to happen, but I can try! Who knows, maybe one will want to slum it with a writer from NY lol

10+ Year Old Account
    lol Never going to happen, but I can try! Who knows, maybe one will want to slum it with a writer from NY lol
    Just follow what your signature says, Godspeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be sure to note Rose's eating habits and opinion on cats. It's important I know these things about my future wife.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Be sure to note Rose's eating habits and opinion on cats. It's important I know these things about my future wife.
    No! Mine! lol I did get to meet her, got a signed picture and got her to sign my chest and my kilt too lol Too bad it will wash off ; ; She is absolutely lovely, and I want to have little half Irish, half Scottish babies with her!

I have my picture on the Iron Throne, I did the mock archery shooting with Kit and Maisie. I talked to Sophie about how I get angry at her character sometimes, and she laughed and said she gets that a lot. I didn't get to see Natalie or John though

The exhibition was amazing though. The weapons, the armor and clothes, all of it!