Deleted
    Neil Marshall confirmed to be directing in Season 4. Battle at the Wall anyone?. If he can make that as good as Blackwater, i'm even more pumped for S4.

Deleted
    Three Eyed Raven cast.

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/10/th...ed-raven-cast/

Looks interesting, hopefully it means they'll be cutting a lot of the "Bran is going North" crap out, worst parts of Dance by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Three Eyed Raven cast.

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/10/th...ed-raven-cast/

Looks interesting, hopefully it means they'll be cutting a lot of the "Bran is going North" crap out, worst parts of Dance by far.
    God I hope so... I never skip chapters, but man Bran's chapters were pushing it...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I quite enjoyed them after a while! As soon as he was past the wall, I thought it got pretty interesting.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    God I hope so... I never skip chapters, but man Bran's chapters were pushing it...
    Those were painful and I skipped some on a second read through

Sometimes I feel I'm the only person in the world who actually enjoyed reading Bran and Ironborn chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well age is a bit different in that time of the world than it is for us

in the 12th/13th century the average lifespan was 43 years
    Yes, but do you understand why the average lifespan was 43 years? It's because it's an average.

Look at it like this, the "average lifespan" being 43 years...doesn't actually mean people generally lived to be/died at around 43 years old. If that were the case, the average lifespan would actually be much lower (in the low to mid 20s). People lived to be 70+ all the time. As stated, it was generally the noblemen who did, because they had a much easier lifestyle than peasants. The thing that skews the average, though, is infant mortality. Get a cold as a baby? Dead. Born with a deformity? Dead.

The reality of the matter is, if you lived long enough to escape adolescence you had a very good chance of having a long life. It was just getting over the initial hurdle of infancy when your body doesn't have a fully developed immune system. Think back to as recently as 250 years ago, around the time America was gaining it's independence. Infant mortality rate was huge. It's only been in the last century or so that medicine has advanced enough, and technology has advanced enough to make said medicine readily available for the vast majority of people, that the infant mortality rate has diminished. It's still a huge factor in many of the third world countries though.

That being said, I wouldn't take the fact that there are people in the show who live to be 70+ as cause for labeling it fantasy. My money would be on the dragons, and the whole "dead people coming back to life" part. Just saying.

Edit: As far as Bran goes, I found Cersei, Sansa, and Bran to all have horribly boring chapters UNTIL their characters developed more. Basically Sansa throughout all of books 1 and 2 was horrible. Constant crying and whining and worried about being a "proper lady". Bran was worse, sob story "pity me" bullshit. His got a lot better once he went North though, and Sansa's got a lot better once Ser Dontos...helped her.
    Last edited by Monoxide; 2013-10-17 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mber341 View Post
    Sometimes I feel I'm the only person in the world who actually enjoyed reading Bran and Ironborn chapters.
    I enjoyed them too.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

I have never wanted to skip a single chapter, to be honest. I was okay with reading Bran, and even Sansa.
    What really dragged were the Brienne chapters in book four. On a second read, I might consider going through them pretty quickly (but I still wouldn't skip them).
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mber341 View Post
    I love the Ironborn but I do struggle with the Bran stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMosquito View Post
    I have never wanted to skip a single chapter, to be honest. I was okay with reading Bran, and even Sansa.
    What really dragged were the Brienne chapters in book four. On a second read, I might consider going through them pretty quickly (but I still wouldn't skip them).
    Oddly enough I breezed through Brienne chapters on all my reads after the first. They seem much longer the first time when you're hoping for something important, or a chapter from someone you care about, but once you know what (not) to expect, they go by quickly. I still have trouble with Bran chapters. I thought once he got past the wall and the overt magic stuff started appearing that they would pick up. Nope. He even found a way to make time travel boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    Oddly enough I breezed through Brienne chapters on all my reads after the first. They seem much longer the first time when you're hoping for something important, or a chapter from someone you care about, but once you know what (not) to expect, they go by quickly. I still have trouble with Bran chapters. I thought once he got past the wall and the overt magic stuff started appearing that they would pick up. Nope. He even found a way to make time travel boring.
    Why aren't we in the spoiler thread with book stuff? :P

Deleted
    Magnar of Thenn cast.

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/11/st...of-thenn-cast/

Looks a bit younger than expected, but I think they'll roll him and his son into the same role, cut down on the characters and such.

If you don't want Game of Thrones 4th season spoilers, DO NOT WATCH the last south park episode.

Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    If you don't want Game of Thrones 4th season spoilers, DO NOT WATCH the last south park episode.
    Haha, I was like people are going to be pissed that SP is spoiling GoT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Considering how he used the "everyone dangling" line, I'm not sure they meant to spoil anything, and rather were going for an outrageous scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    People that dont know spoilers wont find those spoilers because they will think its south park just fucking around making stuff up, since I highly doubt people are saying OMG really sam swings his floppy weiner around?

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    People that dont know spoilers wont find those spoilers because they will think its south park just fucking around making stuff up, since I highly doubt people are saying OMG really sam swings his floppy weiner around?
    I think they'll be too busy laughing at GRRM's obsession with floppy willies to notice any spoilers.

Really looking forward to the Jousting pig warriors and Tywin Lannister death

10+ Year Old Account
    nvm, can't delete for some reason...
    Last edited by sinilaid; 2014-01-10 at 09:39 PM.