Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If I'm not mistaken.. isn't Volcarona legendary? I prefer to build my team w/ non legendaries and iirc most PvP battles don't allow legendaries?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sbarro777 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken.. isn't Volcarona legendary? I prefer to build my team w/ non legendaries and iirc most PvP battles don't allow legendaries?
    Nah it's not. You get it as an egg fairly early but you have to raise it to a massive level from level 1 before it evolves into the moth form fom the caterpillar. Cobalion, Thundurus and such are legendary, but Volcarona doesn't fall under the category. It can also breed, which wouldn't at all be characteristic of a legendary iirc. Pseudo-legendary perhaps, but I don't see it falling under the criteria of a legendary.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ok%C3%A9mon%29

Bulbapedia refers to it as non-legendary in the trivia section. It's such a badass bug. I really fucking hate moths irl but this pokemon is quickly becoming my favourite non-gen 1 pokemon.
    "The truth, my goal."

Personally I am working on the final touches for Virizion, Hydreigon, Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Chandelure, and Archeops. The synergy between them is amazing, Ferro walls everything bar fire and fighting types, Chandelure absorbs the fire attacks aimed at Ferro and uses them to boost his Sp.A, Jellicent with Water Absorb takes the water aimed at Chandelure, both of them also protect Ferro against fighting types as well. Virizion snatches up dark attacks aimed at the ghosties with his ability and proceeds to annhilate everything in his path (Stone Edge covers his weaknesses to fire ice and flying). Archeops and Hydreigon are there to smash apart physical and special walls, respectively, and clean up any pokemon still alive.
    Last edited by Rabian; 2011-03-16 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabian View Post
    Personally I am working on the final touches for Virizion, Hydreigon, Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Chandelure, and Archeops. The synergy between them is amazing, Ferro walls everything bar fire and fighting types, Chandelure absorbs the fire attacks aimed at Ferro and uses them to boost his Sp.A, Jellicent with Water Absorb takes the water aimed at Chandelure, both of them also protect Ferro against fighting types as well. Virizion snatches up dark attacks aimed at the ghosties with his ability and proceeds to annhilate everything in his path (Stone Edge covers his weaknesses to fire ice and flying). Archeops and Hydreigon are there to smash apart physical and special walls, respectively, and clean up any pokemon still alive.
    So it sounds like endgame is mostly double battles then?

15+ Year Old Account
    Iv got Sammurot, Simsear, Excadrill, Zebstrika, Gurdurr, and Munsharna. A very balanced, catch all team that covers most if not all types with the help of TMs.

audino (carried me through the elite four) chandalure jellicent metagross emolga altaria(hidden power ground)

10+ Year Old Account
    alll 3 of the starter pokemon!

Braviary, Volcorona, Emboar, Sammurot, Haxorous, Eelektross.

Braviary is just for sky drop (So insanely OP in double/triple battles) volcorona is insane in general, emboar and sammurot for type coverage, haxorous because he hits like a flaming truck (made of dragon) and eelektross for no weakness damage output. I avoid pseudo-legends, so no three headed hydra of death and destruction for me.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtusk View Post
    Get the three legendaries, Cobalion, Terrakion, and Verizion. You'll need to get Cobalion first though as he unlocks the other two.
    I would also get Archeops from the Plume fossil in the relic castle.
    with those names you my good sir have convinced me never to buy this game....iv played every one up untill now its just....sad

Quote Originally Posted by Gauner1 View Post
    alll 3 of the starter pokemon!
    i traded my archen for a lvl 38 deino l o l

Honestly when I play these games I almost always go for what looks the coolest to me, and just make it work from there d(^_^)

Currently, I have

Emboar
    Stoutland
    Cryogonal
    Haxorus
    Zekrom (I don't normally use legendarys, but Zekrom is my only exception due to how badass it is)
    and Braviary

I have a Gurdurr if anyone could do me a favor of trading him and trading back. It would benefit us both if you traded a pokemon that would evolve from trading, so we both get our evolved pokemon! Send me a message so I can tell yah my trainer number. ( I think its called that lol )
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

After beating the game...
    Charizard (fuck yes)
    Focus Blast, Air Slash, Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse
    Gigalith
    Haven't finished the moveset yet
    Haxorus
    Same as above
    Espeon
    Psychic and some other shit i can't remember
    Ampharos
    god damn I'm tired can't remember
    Arceus (kidding, it's a Tyranitar)
    Also can't remember

Damn I'm tired

I agree on that I never use legendaries not even for fun when I battle people online. I rather train a team and make them strong.

---------- Post added 2011-03-27 at 09:54 AM ----------

If any body want to battle with using non legendary pokemon my friend code is 3825 7811 8681

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm lame and behind the times...but Right now I'm playing with a Victini, Emboar, Scoutland, Leavanny, Seismitoad, and Gigalith.

There are some holes in that team, I'm aware, but for the most part I haven't run into any problems. My leavanny has an especially good nature - I don't think I'll ever end up replacing her.

I'm playing a heavy defensive line (aside from Leavanny), with nearly everything in ym team being able to disable the hell out of whatever they come up against. My only regret is not being able to get Yawn on my team without putting something squishy as hell in there.

Also Victini is so OP it's awesome. X3 Normally I'd try to avoid having something that powerful on my team, but to be honest I usually only whip him out when I need to destroy something.

There are "Ubers" and then "Legendaries" all of the trio types are NOT "Ubers". Dog trio, Dijin trio, Three Muskateer trio, and Bird trio's are all usuable in a team. Volcarona is not an uber, though it is very good. I personally collect 100% legit legendaries, and have every single one up to date. Yea I've checked them for authenticity. I do not use them though, unless a buddy wants to test his skills with them :P. I use to EV train, got boring for the sole fact it took so long to do >.>.
    Check out smogon.com/ for everything you need to know about "Is this an Uber... should I use this, or this" type questions.
    They don't seem to be updated with Black/ White, it takes a bit to figure out everything's classification if you actually read what the "Tiers" are.
    Send me a private message if you're looking to know more

---------- Post added 2011-03-28 at 12:41 AM ----------

That sounds really off topic half the time... sorry LOL. Forgot to add my team as well:
    Lvl 72 Hydreigon
    Lvl 72 Excadrill
    Lvl 74 Zoroark
    Lvl 73 Virizion
    Lvl 75 Victini
    Lvl 76 Volcarona

My friend code is 2064 8469 6679 if anyone wants to trade/ battle. Let me know ahead of time if you want to though
    Last edited by Aeriyo; 2011-03-28 at 05:48 AM.

I would like to battle you some day, my friend code is 3825 7811 8681 but i dont use legendaries

15+ Year Old Account

If anyone has a Speed Boost Torchic, I'd gladly trade any Pokemons for it.
    BfA Beta Time

Current team is

Rufflet <- kinda crappy so far, but I do like having fly on me etc. Maybe I should just use Thoundrus legendary lol.

Krookodile <- Bad move pool atm, hope it gets better. If any advise on what it should learn..

Dieno <- Took like 15 catches to get the nature I wanted o.o so annoying, but its now Mild nature (Dragon moves is SP ATK right?). Hope it will be good once trained.

Haxorus <- Ok strong so far, hoping for better move pool. Any suggestions are fine

Larvesta <- Hoping that Volcarona will make up for the SUCKiness of Larvesta.

Last spot maybe just victina or that eel lightning pokemon or a hole other thing.

Id love to try out all the 3 dog pokemons to

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysmic Skyris View Post
    with those names you my good sir have convinced me never to buy this game....iv played every one up untill now its just....sad
    Pretty much this yeah, pokemon went from looking animal like to horror movie like.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne