Maximizing dps for Halfus HC

As the title says, im trying to figure out how to maximize my dps on halfus. Currently i use searing totem while downing the dragons, and chain lightning whenever its up because the whelps are out at the same time. Should i use magma totem instead since whelps, dragons and halfus are clumped up, or use fire elemental right away for the extra aoe damage or stick to the searing totem while focusing down the dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I normally heal, but with that many targets i'd consider Magma Totem since it also allows you to Flame Nova, unlike Searing Totem. This way you get more AoE damage and an extra button to push when you can spare a GCD. You could pop Fire Ele as well, but like I said I don't normally DPS so this is just my speculation.

Set a focus to halfus and create a macro so CL casts onto your focus. All the jumps receive the increased damage from his stacking debuff. I wasn't sure if you were elemental or enhance, seems like enhance, but this was the only advice I have that should work for both specs.

#showtooltip Chain Lightning
    /cast [target=focus, exist] Chain Lightning; Chain Lightning

Are you Ele or Enhance?

Currently I have the highest DPS on this fight for 10H Enhance Shamans in the US. All I do is stick on the storm rider till it's dead, the raid AoE drops the whelps really quick. Once those 2 are dead I sit on halfus to interrupt and it's game over. normally between 58-60k on that fight.

I am ele. Grandpab thanks for that macro as i used it last night and it worked great. I pulled 51.8k for the fight, which is still a little low, and i used magma while all whelps were out. I think my aoe damage will be better once 4.1 is released.

I was wondering if elementals out there was even bothering with EQ in this fight?

...@ Odopie - Are you using FS on multiple targets? If not - do so.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcam View Post
    I was wondering if elementals out there was even bothering with EQ in this fight?

...@ Odopie - Are you using FS on multiple targets? If not - do so.
    EQ really isn't worth it -- you'll drain yourself OOM and the damage isn't even that good. I personally keep magma down + Thunderstorm on CD while single targeting the assigned drake. I average around 65k on 25m w/ no external buffs [PI/DI/FM/ETC].

Don't be discouraged if you don't make a top parse, most of the top players just sit on Halfus and have buffs stacked on them.
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been putting out my fire elemental (and make sure to use fire nova as much as possible, and I always tried to get my Unleash Fire buff up for my Fire Novas.) when they pull out the whelps and swap back again to searing totem when most of them are dead. If you tank all the dragons in one spot that is.

Don't know if this is a good or bad way of doing it tho, it just sounded reasonable to me, so I went with it