Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    I'm waiting for Nether Ward's buff. This discrepancy with mages is getting really annoying. They can't even fix crap out of Affliction and Destruction's terrible PVP damage.
    Yes, I too would like nether ward's 8716+30% damage reduction on any school of magic brought in line with mage ward's 7343 on schools of magic we use.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Yes, I too would like nether ward's 8716+30% damage reduction on any school of magic brought in line with mage ward's 7343 on schools of magic we use.
    Dont compare baseline abilities with Talented ones, baseline shadowward only absorbs xxxx shadow damage.
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2011-03-16 at 10:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be fine if Nether Ward was made baseline, or just turn Shadow Ward into Nether Ward. Extra survivability for PvP, and it's such an amazing tool in PvE. Not like this one thing would fix locks in PvP but it would definitely be nice.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    Things which are still on lvl 80 standard: sacrifice shield, shadow ward, affli dot dmg, deathcoil (oh, and the cooldown is from vanilla and fights against other 45seconds pvp oh-shit-buttons), destru debuff protection, demonic circle.

srsly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Dont compare baseline abilities with Talented ones, baseline shadowward only absorbs xxxx shadow damage.
    Cool, but the quoted was nether, not shadow ward.

Cool, but the quoted was nether, not shadow ward.
    Ice barrier its a talent so its Netherward taking that into consideration it would be only fair that Netherward absorb would get a buff aswell on same principle that 10k its nothing in today's Health pools, and its not like Destro its totally OP right now

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    I'd be fine if Nether Ward was made baseline, or just turn Shadow Ward into Nether Ward. Extra survivability for PvP, and it's such an amazing tool in PvE. Not like this one thing would fix locks in PvP but it would definitely be nice.
    While it is a good buff to locks across the board, I don't think Affliction needs any more defense against casters. Demonology needs all the help it can get in pvp, but I've totally given up seeing they'd have to overhaul the whole tree to not suck.

---------- Post added 2011-03-17 at 05:33 AM ----------

Yeah, who gave you entitlement? You should be thankful your supposed "nerf" is being compensated while ours gets "nerfed to the ground" without any real compensation (Fel Armor, as an example).

Nevertheless, we want them buffed. PLUS Sacrifice. In this world of burst, these spells need to be deserving of a keybind and even a GCD. Who uses Voidwalker now? No one, because it's useless, it's only real pvp contribution is useless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Ice barrier its a talent so its Netherward taking that into consideration it would be only fair that Netherward absorb would get a buff aswell on same principle that 10k its nothing in today's Health pools, and its not like Destro its totally OP right now
    I agree with you to an extent. I'm just replying to the fact that nether ward was stated. From a mechanics point of view, it's closest to mage ward although more useful. Calling out for it to be brought into line with the mages seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Yeah, who gave you entitlement? You should be thankful your supposed "nerf" is being compensated while ours gets "nerfed to the ground" without any real compensation (Fel Armor, as an example).

Nevertheless, we want them buffed. PLUS Sacrifice. In this world of burst, these spells need to be deserving of a keybind and even a GCD. Who uses Voidwalker now? No one, because it's useless, it's only real pvp contribution is useless.
    In my blatantly honest opinion, all non-priest absorbs should be updated to account for Cata health pools. But they should be scaled to account for ability to self heal and damage reduction talents and abilities vs cooldown of the spell itself.

Frost's nerf was only partially warranted. Deep freeze damage nerf for instance still makes no sense to a spec behind the average and to a spell with 0 impact on PVP. I won't bore you with the details of the lack of logic on Blizzard's part, I'm sure you're well aware of it, but realize that raiding frost mages got shafted because of it with no compensation to date, while raiding warlocks all enjoy a more or less balance between specs near the top of the pack.

Fel armour got nerfed to the ground because it was OP when coupled with the rest of your healing abilities and passive damage reduction. Afflic had fel armour, an (effective) 1%/tick on corruption, drain life at 2%/tick which could be upgraded to 4%/tick 3 times in a fight if needed. Has a talent that increases drain life to 5% and 7% respectively when under 25%. Has 20% damage reduction baseline for all warlocks. An instant horrify that deals damage and heals for 3 times that much. And yes, if absolutely required, had a 9k bubble from the VW that no one in their right mind would use.

Entitlement? No. I'm simply using your own logic from a different point of view. After the patch, mages will have ~32k in damage reduction if against arcane/fire/frost spells, else ~25k. A far cry from 40k being cried about by the OP, which is what I originally came in here to clean up. We will also still have 40% total HP return channeled over 8 seconds on a 4 minute cooldown. Afflic warlocks will still have the ability to self heal beyond the capacity of any other pure DPS class on top of a 20% base damage reduction.

So you still want them buffed? Cool. You realize by doing that, ice barrier would probably end up holding a lot more due to our fragility compared to you? Yeah, we can CC until the ends of our mana bars, but only because if we're caught, we have nothing to get that health back on the fly. We have no passive damage reduction like you and shadow priests. We have no ability to heal either passively or quickly. Your bubbles will, if Blizz has any sense left, always be inferior to a mage's bubbles because we depend on them to avoid the damage we can't heal back off easily.

So back on topic, that's why there is no sacrifice buff while ice barrier gets a -moderate- buff. Mages avoid damage, warlocks heal it off.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2011-03-17 at 08:07 AM.

i do wish people would see that mages and warlocks are different classes,with different abilities. yes, blizz has blurred the lines, but when we have spells that are the same, people cry "homogenization" and when the abilities are different, they cry "omg, i want one.....".

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    Um no, we were not ''op'' all of wrath thank you, and i can assure you that we are weak now because we have been getting nerfed every patch since 4.0.1, also how are we buffed? >_> please i would love to hear it, minus the afflic changes in 4.1 because i do not like god damn afflic and shouldnt be forced to play that shitty spec for pvp.
    So you would either play....
    Destro?? you mean the fire mage shoot fire consantly spec? very warlock like
    Demo?? my opinion is so horrible to play in pvp, very long cast times, anyone with half a brain constantly line of sights u or interupts u 95% of time?

if ya dont like affliction, which to me is pretty much the definative warlock spec that makes warlocks, warlocks. Then why do u play one?

Also raid of fire got a 25% buff in 4.1, and Doomguard gettin big damage buff to make it the definative single target pet to summon mid-combat.
    Should read patch notes before sayin its constant nerfs. Hasnt been a single nerf written down for 4.1 just buffs on buffs.

Frost's nerf was only partially warranted. Deep freeze damage nerf for instance still makes no sense to a spec behind the average and to a spell with 0 impact on PVP. I won't bore you with the details of the lack of logic on Blizzard's part, I'm sure you're well aware of it, but realize that raiding frost mages got shafted because of it with no compensation to date, while raiding warlocks all enjoy a more or less balance between specs near the top of the pack.
    I'd gladly switch over to mages over the preference that you actually have an interesting pvp spec, ignoring the fact that the skillcap has gone down just like affliction warlocks, but at least you can kill *something*.

Fel armour got nerfed to the ground because it was OP when coupled with the rest of your healing abilities and passive damage reduction. Afflic had fel armour, an (effective) 1%/tick on corruption, drain life at 2%/tick which could be upgraded to 4%/tick 3 times in a fight if needed. Has a talent that increases drain life to 5% and 7% respectively when under 25%. Has 20% damage reduction baseline for all warlocks. An instant horrify that deals damage and heals for 3 times that much. And yes, if absolutely required, had a 9k bubble from the VW that no one in their right mind would use.
    Fel Armor was needed by Demonology warlocks. Yes it was OP, but it doesn't MERIT the change that it has right now because it's basically Vampiric Embrace with a different icon. And we all know how it's doing with Shadowpriests.

But by the same logic, you should STILL be thankful you are being compensated. The trends with the buffing/nerfing in Cataclysm right now, is that frost mages and warriors are getting the compensation when they are nerfed somewhere. Then you compare it to other specs/classes who gets their main survivability gutted with no real compensation (moonkins for example). It is a trend right now. And what they did to Fel Armor right now is LAZY. At least they could redesign it to not function as Vampiric Embrace. It is so stupid, and they say "we don't want affliction locks to function/play like Shadowpriests blah blah blah" yet they implemented this change. Seriously.

Entitlement? No. I'm simply using your own logic from a different point of view. After the patch, mages will have ~32k in damage reduction if against arcane/fire/frost spells, else ~25k. A far cry from 40k being cried about by the OP, which is what I originally came in here to clean up. We will also still have 40% total HP return channeled over 8 seconds on a 4 minute cooldown. Afflic warlocks will still have the ability to self heal beyond the capacity of any other pure DPS class on top of a 20% base damage reduction.
    I'd give up a lot of those self heals if in return would give me some decent damage for a change. Those are not even going to help against melee teams because I'd just be interrupted left and right. And we self heal because of Life Tap and because we just TANK all the damage, unlike you who has all possible ways to get out. Not to mention the comps you have chemistry with.

So you still want them buffed? Cool. You realize by doing that, ice barrier would probably end up holding a lot more due to our fragility compared to you? Yeah, we can CC until the ends of our mana bars, but only because if we're caught, we have nothing to get that health back on the fly. We have no passive damage reduction like you and shadow priests. We have no ability to heal either passively or quickly. Your bubbles will, if Blizz has any sense left, always be inferior to a mage's bubbles because we depend on them to avoid the damage we can't heal back off easily.
    Of course I want them buffed. If that means I'd have a reason to bring the voidwalker out, then HELL YEAH! And Nether Ward doesn't absorb for that much fyi. And that's why I want it to be buffed not to the level Ice Barrier, but it definitely needs a buff. It is underwhelming.

---------- Post added 2011-03-17 at 01:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by infernity View Post
    i do wish people would see that mages and warlocks are different classes,with different abilities. yes, blizz has blurred the lines, but when we have spells that are the same, people cry "homogenization" and when the abilities are different, they cry "omg, i want one.....".
    This is more of an issue that if they are buffing underwhelming spells, then I want mine too. Hoimogenization is far different from trying to bring spells like you know UP TO PAR to the game's environment and mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by sasslefrassed View Post
    You spent an entire expansion being "OP".. And you aren't even weak now. If you looked, your class got buffed.
    Mages were the best class for all of wrath not warlocks. Mages ruled pvp and pve in wrath not locks.

---------- Post added 2011-03-17 at 02:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by atrocious View Post
    mages! Give me ur dmg so you can have my healing + shit single target dps. (pvp)
    ^ This

Makes me lol when mages complain about ANYTHING.