Hello. Wondering what to buy with valor?

Hi i am Iranman from Thaurissian in guild Last Attempt

Just started raiding so wondering whati should get with valor first.

I just got cape + chest from BoT.

Toss up between trinket / ring atm.

Thanks

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't have the boots, I would recommend those first. Then get the ring.
    Now Casual Holy/Disc Priest: Summer of 2011

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
    Thomas Jefferson

Deleted
    Trinket first, then tier pieces.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tier or trinket

10+ Year Old Account
    Tier. Probably legs.

Deleted
    Definitely tier if you think your guild has any chance at taking down cho'gall anytime soon. The 4 set bonus is extremely overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Definitely tier if you think your guild has any chance at taking down cho'gall anytime soon. The 4 set bonus is extremely overpowered.
    you do realize you can't get 4pc bonus UNTIL you defeat chog, right? (or nef but that's a harder encounter)

I'm still going to go with tier

That's what hes saying, try read next time =)

Take shots at Argaloth each time you can; besides dropping PvP gear, he can also drop Legs and Hands set items. So far I got PvP Legs for both Shadow and Holy and PvE gloves for Shadow, so I guess I am somewhat unlucky there - but it's 3 drops nonetheless. And if nothing else, it's 70 Valor points.

Because you can get the set items from Argaloth, I would recommend getting the other pieces from the VP vendor first. Personally, I got the Chest first, then the Boots, followed by the Ring. I skipped the Trinkets, since I have the Alchemist stone as well as the Doll.

Deleted
    I figured that i'll post in this thread rather than make a new one..

So, any ideas what i should get with my valors?

Character is Doril, realm is Darkmoon Faire (would post link but i can't yet )

Im not exactly raiding other than Baradin Hold atm, so those drops are out of question, atleast for now.

I was suppose to buy the gloves to get the 2 piece set bonus going, but it turns out that it isn't that big of an upgrade over the rep gloves. So, gloves, pants, ring or cloak?
    Last edited by mmocba08ea396d; 2011-03-16 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doril View Post
    I figured that i'll post in this thread rather than make a new one..

So, any ideas what i should get with my valors?

Character is Doril, realm is Darkmoon Faire (would post link but i can't yet )

Im not exactly raiding other than Baradin Hold atm, so those drops are out of question, atleast for now.

I was suppose to buy the gloves to get the 2pc set bonus going, but it turns out that it isn't that big of an upgrade over the rep gloves. So, gloves, pants, ring or cloak?
    I'd say the trinket is worth the most in case you aren't aiming for the set bonus.

Deleted
    I'd say the trinket is worth the most in case you aren't aiming for the set bonus.
    Isn't the Soul Casket pretty terrible trinket for Shadow priest?

I got Stump of Time and Witching Hourglass atm btw...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doril View Post
    Isn't the Soul Casket pretty terrible trinket for Shadow priest?

I got Stump of Time and Witching Hourglass atm btw...
    Sorry, did not realize you were shadow. I have no idea about how to prioritize as shadow as I only play holy/disc myself.

Deleted
    Sorry, did not realize you were shadow. I have no idea about how to prioritize as shadow as I only play holy/disc myself.
    No worries... I do have disc os, but the gear i have for it is more than iffy... :P

The tier gloves are crappy for shadow, so the rep ones are better. I have the crafted pants with crit and haste, and got a decent 359 chest from raiding, so I got the ring and cloak first. Both the ring and cloak are exactly the same as far as stats are concerned. If you have the 346 rep cloak/ring, they are the same stats too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post
    The tier gloves are crappy for shadow, so the rep ones are better. I have the crafted pants with crit and haste, and got a decent 359 chest from raiding, so I got the ring and cloak first. Both the ring and cloak are exactly the same as far as stats are concerned. If you have the 346 rep cloak/ring, they are the same stats too.
    I got Boy emperor as my first ring, and Lavishly Jewled Ring from Deadmines as the second one. Cloak is the rep one(Cloak of Ancient Wisdom). And the pants are crafted ones(Breeches of Mended Nightmares). As for chest, i got the tier one.

The cloak or the ring would be the biggest upgrade, but im bit hesitant because im not sure how good the 2p actually is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodisius View Post
    If you don't have the boots, I would recommend those first. Then get the ring.
    If you have lots of gold I would recommend buying the boots on the AH first and using your valor for BoP pieces.