How to deal with trash (destro)

I've been powerlevelling my Lock 80-85 since Monday (was playing Boomkin but we have no raiding lock atm and need the big pew pew to help us kill Nef and get into HCs) and hit 85 earlier, so predictably I have been spamming heroics in order to gear up ASAP.

my problem is not with bosses, can early squeeze out as much as 14k with the 15% LFG buff in 339 gear, but with trash. I will always Bane of Havoc on one, and either single target nuke/cleave with that, or shadowflame/shadowfury/rain of fire. have also tried multi-dotting but can't put out any decent damage AT ALL. what's the best way to maximise AoE/cleave/trash damage as Destro? have tried the guide/stickies but no joy. halp :'(

Immolate everything, shadowflame, shadowfury, BoH one, nuke another. Repeat. Rain of fire is pathetic and shouldn't be used over the spells I previously mentioned. This is really the only method to having somewhat competitive DPS. Another solution is to just roll Demo for trash.

^^^ sounds about right

10+ Year Old Account
    our aoe is getting buffed in 4.1..... RoF by 25% and SoC by 20%

should bring us at least closer to other classes on aoe pulls.....

in saying that, immo everything, havoc the mob with the most health, shadow fury, shadow flame, maybe pop the infernal, then just RoF or single nuke..... its quite easy to hit very high numbers if you're quick with your dots.....

I throw an immolate and coruption on everything and then start nuking targets one by one. RoF is just a mana-waste atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^^ about right.

Immo and BoH highest HP target, then Immo + Corrupt + Conflag on next, Immo + Corrupt on next... so and and so forth til either conflag is off CD, and continue. Once everyone is all lit up, nuke away and continue down the line.
    Rando: "shut up casby. you're dumb."
    Buddy: "casby is all, therefore you are casby, and casby is you, and you're arguing with yourself... and that is very un-casby."
    Me: "What?"
    Buddy: "shush, casby. i'm trying to defend you here." Cons***** leaves the group. "See. I embarrassed him."