Deleted

Question Fall of Mortality VS. Darkmoon Card: Tsunami

I was wandering if anyone has done the math to find out which of the two (normal) trinkets provide more spirit overall in 6-10minute encouters??

Thanks

I would take tsunami static regen vs fall of mortailitys random proc regen. i use to have proc spirit trinkets and they would proc when i was at 100% mana so the proc was wasted.

Why are you at 100% mana in combat. Derp.

---------- Post added 2011-03-17 at 04:27 AM ----------

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Regen-trinkets

DMC is better.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooburn View Post
    Why are you at 100% mana in combat. Derp.
    Huh? He means it procs at the start of the fight when he is at 100%

i rock both... 2 BiS IMO (non heroic)

First thing you do is preshield or drop Lightwell, what?

---------- Post added 2011-03-17 at 04:36 AM ----------

And that's a stupid reason to not use random proc trinkets.

---------- Post added 2011-03-17 at 04:44 AM ----------

It only procs from casting shit, if you're casting you shouldn't be at 100% mana, and even if you are, deal with it and get in some free prehots or preshields. It's really not a big deal.

Just use both... they are the only 2 healing trinkets with 321 intel on, which IMO is way better than the jar trinket, and Tol barad trinket.

If you have both, use them. id even use both of these over the heroic jar from maloriak, we DE that shit whenever it drops.

Use da alchemy trinket yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Menardi View Post
    i rock both... 2 BiS IMO (non heroic)
    Tyrande's is 350 MP5 when used on CD, which is more than either of them, but yes, other than that, they're definitely your two BiS pre heroic.

i drop lightwell before the fight starts so i am at 100% mana during the pull i dont preshield cause i am holy but i could i guess.

It only procs from casting shit, if you're casting you shouldn't be at 100% mana, and even if you are, deal with it and get in some free prehots or preshields. It's really not a big deal.
    Also you can switch your trinkets with one another to put them on ICD before a pull. They'll then activate a bit into the pull (depending on when you swapped, obviously) and you'll have lower mana then for sure.

How do you get to less than 100% mana without casting something?

Those trinkets are considered BiS pre heroic items for holy. I use them. I have mixed feelings about Tyrande's Doll but DMC is better because of the flat gain.

Tsunami is strictly better than FoM. The Intellect is the same on both. The stack on Tsunami is easy to maintain and works out to a consistent 400 Spirit, whereas FoM work out to ~321 Spirit average.

That said, I actually slightly prefer CoR to Normal FoM (both work out to ~321 Spirit) as the second trinket because it's a use. Sure you can be lazy with FoM, but bad RNG on the proc can screw you. With a use trinket, you can achieve the same proc effect with a macro or addon that triggers them for you, which has the added benefit of avoiding RNG, or if you need to specifically save it, you can.

Also, I consider all 3 of those trinkets superior to TFD for Holy, since TFD gives flat mana, but the Spirit works out quite a bit better with Holy Concentration.

Insightful as always, Zeuq.

Though, as a Blood Elf, I'm surprised people haven't been looking at the Mandala as much. You take Lightweave over Darkglow, Power Torrent over Heartsong, this isn't really that much different. Use a cooldown during a proc and its effectiveness skyrockets, and given the ICD is only 45 seconds, yeah.

I'd have to say that if you're in the Gnome/Blood Elf boat, you may want to shift into the Mandala (alongside Tsunami) for normal trinkets, and see if you can manage the procs for your cooldowns.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Gimping your overall regen for when the planets align so you can Power Torrent is a bit pointless. I swap around gearsets for different fights depending on the amount of regen in the raid or the fights requirements so while rocking a Mandala could work in theory... it's limited. Extremely. Decent idea though I suppose.
    Last edited by Hybred; 2011-03-20 at 08:23 AM.

Deleted
    i totally love mandela although i dont wait for p/torrent to procc. i only plan to use arc torrent/hymn/fiend accordingly. it skyrockets my regen although gimping my throughput a bit - no static 321 int.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybred View Post
    Gimping your overall regen for when the planets align so you can Power Torrent is a bit pointless. I swap around gearsets for different fights depending on the amount of regen in the raid or the fights requirements so while rocking a Mandala could work in theory... it's limited. Extremely. Decent idea though I suppose.
    I'm not saying to wait for the stars to align to get +2300 intellect (before Kings, and Enlightenment if necessary).

I'm saying that you already wait for Power Torrent, when the gains off the Mandala are bigger (it's also more visible too).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

On the Mandala, now that you've pointed that out, I do think it has the potential for greater regen compared to FoM/CoR because the Int is a proc and, thus, CDs can be timed with it. However, that comes at the cost of inconsistent throughput against which I don't think Power Torrent and Lightweave are really fair comparisons, as there is no realistic consistent throughput option for Power Torrent, and the option for Lightweave (50 Int) is enough less than the average that it isn't really a meaningful choice for Tailors as, if they're going to choose it for the sake of min/max, then they really ought to go all the way and drop the profession.

That all said, I'd still favor Mandala lower because, while it does have a potential for higher regen, it comes at a cost. Beyond the obvious point of the inconsistent throughput vs. consistent throughput, because procced Intellect doesn't grant initial mana that static Intellect does, then if you fail to take full advantage of it for whatever reason, you potentially get less regen. I could potentially see it as perhaps a slight preference to JAR for mana intensive fights and that it would provide at least some throughput.

It might be interesting to model and see what that difference really is, but I'm loathe to do that at this point.

Deleted
    im using both on my priest.

changing fall of mortality with Core of Ripeness if i feel im going oom in tough fights
    (im a bloodelf so i got it macrod with my arcane torrent before ppl start asking)